Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

TMFC GAMES BEAT 2024

01. Mega Man X2 (all collectibles & shoryuken) [screenshot]
02. Donkey Kong Country (101%) [screenshot]
03. Donkey Kong Coutnry 2 (102%) [screenshot]
04. Rusty's Retirement (all acheivements & unlocks) [screenshot]

tmfc fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

I'll try to keep track this year since i made the first page this time.

lmfao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

1.Who stole the books

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

X1 and X2 are annual replays for me. hell, every few months, honestly.

X3 fills me with this strange feeling of malaise, like i'm playing through an unsettling fever dream. the game is a mess. the instrument samples they used in the soundtrack sound terrible compared to the first two games. the big flickering orb that forms around you every time you get hit after you get the armor upgrade is super annoying. there are too many additional collectibles/upgrades. the secret gold armor is ugly. etc. it's cool that you can have X get Zero's saber at the end of the game though.

X4 on the other hand is incredible and it's the game X3 should have been.

everything after that sucks.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i hated MM8 as a kid because it was cutesy and gimmicky but when i finally actually played all the way through it last year i had a blast.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

splitting the x games into 2 sets is such a good joke

instead of chargin $60 for all the games including the awful ones, you can just buy the first collection to only get the good ones for half that price. it's actually great

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Mamkute posted:

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (Professional)

nice

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

Bob: Every game he plays is the only good game of that genre.

Mamkute: Loves every game of every genre.

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol. The Goofus and Gallant of imp zone

symbolic posted:

Goofus gets his supply of games from a CC'd e-mail from Humble Bundle

Gallant gets his supply of games from eBay>newest first

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc posted:

TMFC GAMES BEAT 2024

02. Donkey Kong Country (101%)

the leaps of faith required to access some of the bonus rooms for 101% are ridiculous, i had to look a couple stages up for stuff i forgot.

still have about 80% of the game committed to muscle memory lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

4 whips rear end imo.

X1>X4>X2>X3>the rest

ArfJason posted:

I mention it often but x6 was one of the first times i was taught that videogames could be bad even from a series i like.

ArfJason posted:

Man, gently caress Yoshi's Story.

Fungah! posted:

same, wth an honorable mention to quest 64

yup, all this

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i was so insanely hyped that there was finally going to be an RPG on the N64. load up the game and the main character is named loving Brian.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

I loved the 64, LOVED it. But nothing on there stands the test of time except like mario 64, starfox and ocarina. maybe I'm forgetting some but that says something.

Arrhythmia posted:

N64 is win provided you only play nintendo developed games, turok 2, golden-eye, and perfect dark.

this and the port of NFL Blitz were the peak of N64 gaming, everything else ranges from forgettable to downright garbage

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc posted:

TMFC GAMES BEAT 2024

02. Donkey Kong Country (101%) [screenshot]

03. Donkey Kong Country 2 (102%)

better overall than the 1st game. better soundtrack, nice progression of the art style, etc. i like how this game is sort of drab and dark. there's some absolute bullshit in here like putting some of the DK coins in the prize rotation at the end of the stage, the DK coin that was hidden in a bonus stage, that early water level where there is almost no indication when there are hidden walls that lead to bonus rooms and the DK coin, etc. the levels were harder on the whole than DKC1 i think, but they're more fun to replay / try again when you screw up. some of the bonus rooms were really dumb but i appreciate that they were actual minigames/puzzles that you had to complete, and not just prize rooms like the first game.

Animal Antics wasn't that bad tbh. the bonus room barrel was in an obvious location and the parrot section isn't hard at all if you go slowly and tap the d-pad as the wind direction changes. the level with the rising toxic waste just before it was a lot harder for me lol.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yes, there's also an auto-scroller a few levels prior, Castle Crush, which was annoying

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Wormskull posted:

Kojima drove up to my house in a 1989 Bentley and called me a small-dick shrimp for my performance in MGS4. 4/5.

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Cubone posted:

Another World

that was great! I've never played it before, only knew it by reputation. odd mix of intuitive and unforgiving. really enjoyed my time with it. I love how much depth to the world and story is suggested but not made explicit. I could see myself becoming obsessed with it at a younger age

the spiritual prequel (same protagonist, different developer) is even better imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJjuFmAHuRY

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Nutmeg posted:

happy for you both

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just wrapped up Britney Spears vs. Cartman.swf - Decent little fighter. Not even close to a BLAM, hovering around a 4/5.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

checking in on the lesser fulp

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mycophobia posted:

i hate the fuckin eagles man

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

i like when they get psychotic

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Wormskull posted:

Bob just traded in 9 PS4 games for 1 PS3 game. He's actually doing his part rn tbh.

:patriot:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Stux posted:

2. final fantasy legend

liked it a lot, reminded me of smt w the setting and stuff. post apocalyptic jrpgs w guns and gods are simply inherently cool.

yeah the setting is cool. i think i've read that the SaGa games are more inspired by Traveller as opposed to D&D/Pathfinder like Final Fantasy

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

that makes more sense because Traveller is way more straight sci-fi from what i recall.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Wormskull posted:

This guys mouth is a mothafuckin CLOACA! Your argument is invalid.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

symbolic posted:

thank you

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Roth posted:

1-20: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4050853&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post537514857

21. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

I think I prefer 3 and World more since they have more straightforward platforming challenges, but this game was really charming still. Overall ranking of the NES/SNES 2D Mario games would be:

World > 3 > Yoshi's Island > 1 > 2

Also for DKC

Tropical Freeze > 2 > 1 > Returns > 3

correct rankings. good

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

?

they're clearly having a ton of fun.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Aston posted:

7. Celeste 64 (100%)

The Celeste devs made a 3d version of Celeste in a week to celebrate the game's 6th anniversary. It's pretty cool, and it's free!

yeh i saw that and tried it, fun little novelty but the celeste mechanics don't translate to 3d very well

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

and 9 of them post here

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

gently caress yeah man

i picked it for the game club :cheersdoge:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Roth posted:

Highest I've gotten is Ante 7. I get a good combo going and then I get a dickhead boss bind thag flips your cards over.

yeah this happened to me on ante 7 this morning. furthest i've gotten yet though

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Tetris. Some kind of puzzle roguelike?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006