Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy

I know it was very much overhyped, but I saw it reasonably cheap late last year, so I took the plunge. Considering they obviously couldn't do anything too crazy with the plot/world, it wasn't too bad for a wizarding sandbox RPG. Definitely found myself using stealth takedowns a lot, which was always fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Aliens: Fireteam Elite

This was actually better than I was expecting, really! For an Aliens game it's not too bad - I figured it would be kind of a cash-grab, but it's pretty fun in coop. We beat the main campaign, the expansion and collected all 'intel' collectibles.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Good soup! posted:

3. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PC), 1/18

Have you played Project Wingman? I liked it quite a lot - a little more so than AC7 even, tbh.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Good soup! posted:

not yet! I've heard good things about it and this reminds me I'll have to try it. Is it pretty much "Ace Combat But Not" or does it try to be its own thing

It's the former, IMO. However it does try and differ in some ways. e.g. no checkpoints in missions - you've gotta do it all in one hit. TBH I actually didn't mind this - I thought it would be a pain, since AC7 with no checkpoints sure would be. But it actually wasn't too bad - just made it that little bit more tense, at times

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
3) Styx: Master of Shadows

Beat the game with no alerts. Pretty fun! Took longer than I expected to beat - I did like revisiting areas back-to-front towards the end too, as it added an extra twist on cool areas. I'll probably clean up one or two other games as a palate-cleanser, then play the sequel

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield

Yeah yeah, I know! :D Decided to quickly finish off Starfield, seeing as my new PC doesn't have any framerate issues in urban areas. Followed the main questline, the two UC questlines and a heap of the other non-Freestar stuff. If they improve the game a bit, I might come back for NG+ for a pro-Freestar playthrough, but eh I've had my fill. Far from Bethesda's best game, but overall I have to say I preferred it over Fallout 4, not that that's saying a whole lot!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

elf help book posted:

I think if they ported it with zero changes it would sell 12 copies

Fungah! posted:

and 9 of them post here

Martman posted:

sounds like an easy 600 bucks

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline

Decided to give it another go after encountering some bugs last year, seeing as I've got a new PC now. And well, it worked fine! Blasted through it in a couple of afternoons and had fun with it. Enemies were a little bullet-spongey when it came to body shots, but eh, it was worth the fiver I paid for it, for sure

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
6) Styx: Shards of Darkness

Another one, today! Styx SoD was pretty good, mechanically. Have to say I kinda prefer the original though, as far as Styx himself goes. Since they changed him from a sarcastic goblin into a sarcastic goblin who also spouts many, many pop culture references and frequently breaks the fourth wall. Just kinda seemed like they were trying real hard to turn him into Deadpool, feels like.

Either way, it's still Styx! Meaning great stealth gaming is to be had, here!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

fadam posted:

1) A Plague Tale: Innocence
2) Dragon Quest 1 (GBC)
3) HI-Fi Rush
4) A Plague Tale: Requiem

So, how do you think it compared to the original? I haven't played Requiem yet, but I'll likely grab it in a sale later in the year

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

UPDATE: The Imp Zone have lost their minds and are trying to kill me.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033

Surprisingly, I never got around to playing through this, back in the day. I quite liked it though - especially the human areas, where you had golden opportunities to sneak around enemy camps. Since I grabbed this in a bundle with Last Light and Exodus, I'm aiming to clear the trilogy this year. I might stagger them out a little though, depending on how I feel.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033
8) Intravenous 2: Mercenarism

This is kinda like a standalone game acting as a prologue for the upcoming Intravenous 2, helping to bridge the two games and act as a test bed for some new mechanics. Not bad! It only took a few hours to quickly (and lethally) sneak through and beat though, so it kinda just makes me want more. I'll probably go through it again before I2 comes out, to unlock the remaining random guns. (As it has that "retrieve weapons to unlock them" mechanic that Hitman 2, etc. had)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
When it comes to vague and highly suspect Games Beat entries that probably didn't happen, the only person I'd trust unquestionably is Mamkute

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033
9) Metro: Last Light

Pretty good! Hard to say which I prefer, out of LL and 2033. IMO 2033 was a little more atmospheric, however LL was a little more refined, mechanically. The extra weapon customisation options were definitely appreciated. In any case, it was a good time! Not sure if I'll proceed straight to Exodus, or give it a break for a little bit, first.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033
10) The Bunker

Another FMV game in the big bundle I bought nearly a year ago, before forgetting about this one until the other day. Managed to get out alive (although it doesn't give you an epilogue, so no idea how long he lasted afterwards (probably not very! He's no Artyom :v: )

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033
10) The Bunker
11) Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus?

Murder mystery FMV game. Played through it twice and was able to save the uncle from being poisoned, as well as obtaining evidence on the killer in the second run

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033
10) The Bunker
12) She Sees Red

Another FMV CYOA-style game, about a Russian police investigation. Made by another dev and is perhaps a little simpler, but it was decent enough - if a little shorter than most. Went through it twice and got a good outcome the first time, then went for a 'mutually assured destruction' end the second time around, to go out in a blaze of glory

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033
10) The Bunker
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus

Pretty good! Hard to say if I prefer this one over the others. In some ways, yep it's definitely mechanically better, but I feel like it ditched a lot of the tension and desperation of the first two games, by turning it into sandbox levels that you can tackle at your own pace (for most of the game, anyway). Each of the three games is great in its own way though, so no complaints here!

At this stage, I might clean up a few of my shorter games while chipping away at BG3. (Currently partway into act 2, but I've been trying to do as much as I can in each area, so I'll no doubt be a while)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

oddium posted:

the where there sa whip song "whips" rear end :D

Yep, it's a fantastic song! :D (Here it is, if anyone doesn't know it) Agreed on the PJ trilogy, too - such a botch job.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Fungah! posted:

lol check this out. fuckin cool

Bloom has a tattoo of the Elvish word "nine" on his right wrist, written in fictional Tengwar Elvish script, a reference to his involvement in The Lord of the Rings as one of the nine members of the Fellowship of the Ring. The other actors of "The Fellowship" (Sean Astin, Sean Bean, Billy Boyd, Ian McKellen, Dominic Monaghan, Viggo Mortensen, and Elijah Wood) got the same tattoo with the exception of John Rhys-Davies whose stunt double got the tattoo instead.

drat, Gimli's stunt double must've been pretty badass, in order for the actual actor to be ignored in favour of him! :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033
10) The Bunker
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus
14) The Gallery

A hostage situation FMV game, with two similar plotlines; 1981 and 2021. Went through it a couple of times, shooting the hostage taker in the 1981 timeline (but with a cop being beaten half to death), then in 2021 getting on their good side and having everyone survive/get what they want. Not too bad - I'd put it in the upper field of FMV games that I've played so far

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033
10) The Bunker
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus
14) The Gallery
15) Blade Runner

The last couple of acts went by real quick! I tried playing the role of replicant-retirer as straight as I could - killed one who attacked me early on, then hunted down (but didn't get to finish off) another couple throughout most of the game. I helped keep the main replicant's 'adopted daughter' (for lack of better words. Just some teen he took in) out of trouble in a few spots, as she was human and wasn't causing any harm. But for the suspects, I hunted them down as well as I could. Ended up testing some stripper who happened to be the girlfriend of the main replicant and subsequently I.D.'d them as a rep themselves, so we got into a gunfight and I killed her. I have a feeling that she may've actually been a human and was misidentified by the test as a replicant though, since later on some dialogue indicated that my character had killed a human during the course of the game, which was weird... I'll chalk them up as a rep though, given the test came up positive and they tried murdering me, either way.

In the end though, I let the main replicant guy go off and get himself killed in a gunfight, while I got out of town with the guy's adopted daughter. Since I had been framed and, although I had evidence to prove my innocence, my contact at the PD was murdered at our meeting, which wouldn't have helped my case. (And then on top of that, when we were escaping I had to kill my former police partner, after they bought the lies that were spun about me and tried ambushing me. So my career was done either way)

I'm not sure how the other endings pan out, but this one was appropriately of the "slightly optimistic, yet also clear that I'm very very hosed" variety. Either way, it was a pretty good point and click adventure! The best I've played, I think. Often P&C games seem to require loads of backtracking and pixel-hunting, but this one wasn't too bad. I wouldn't mind playing another one of this game's calibre, for sure.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Mamkute posted:

putting out the flame war before it starts by saying all of them are great

Nice save - you're an inspiration to us all, Mamkute! o7

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Martman posted:

The Case of the Golden Idol (main story)

Oh cool, this sounds great! I've been wanting more investigation gameplay after finishing Blade Runner the other day, so I'll have to look into this - thanks

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

genuinely love that wormskull talks about DD2 like it's a religion, lol

Sub-Actuality posted:

He’s right

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

37) dancing furby (game boy color, cleared dance mode on all difficulties)

if i may be allowed a mamkute moment here. surprisingly decent. i've played much much worse rhythm games, and recently

hahahaha excellent! :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033
10) The Bunker
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus
14) The Gallery
15) Blade Runner
16) The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker

This is a mystery game about interviewing a handful of people (with some one-off additions here and there) a bunch of times in order to both hopefully solve a murder and sort out their mental health issues, as you take the role of a new therapist who is replacing (and on the down-low, investigating the recent death of) the clinic's previous therapist.

I actually did pretty decently overall I think, aside from annoying someone a little too much towards the end. I figured out which patient the murderer was (it's random-gen, so different for each run. In my case it was an unfortunate 'Manchurian Candidate' kind of situation) without any incorrect guesses, plus I helped the other patients get past their trauma... well, although I helped them all get past it, one was still pretty unhappy about being served a prison sentence, as I refused to declare them temporarily insane.
So, uh, yeah... although I was given a happy ending epilogue, it was finished off with a quick mention that I had been murdered in much the same way as Dr Dekker, shortly before the patient in question was carted off to prison. So yeah, in a way, two murderers were caught in the same murder investigation - not bad! Just a shame one of the victims ended up being me :v:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 6, 2024

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Good soup! posted:

Denny's Dustbowl (PC)

Had a great time with this. It's like if you stripped down SimFarm to the bare essentials and added in SimAnt but took out all the ants. Wanted to 100% it but ended up overgrazing the first few years on the farm and got polio. Had to shoot a few trespassing Okies and set their jalopies on fire after they tried to steal some eggs and just said, eh, gently caress it, not worth the plat. All in all, it was a complete waste of time for a clicker and I count having my family set the barn on fire with me inside it as "beating" it. loving hated it

8/10

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033
10) The Bunker
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus
14) The Gallery
15) Blade Runner
17) The Isle Tide Hotel

FMV mystery game about rescuing your estranged daughter from some weird cult. Not my favourite one tbh, compared to some others like Late Shift, etc., but it was alright. I ended up succeeding, escaping with the protagonist's daughter - although her private eye buddy went AWOL, so no idea what happened to them. Went through it a few more times to see different endings too, but I think I probably got the best one first go, from what I've seen

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Try that in the stuffies aisle.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Mamkute posted:

14. Assassin's Creed 3 for the Playstation 3 (85% Synchronization)

Can't blame ya for not being into the flag collecting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
7) Metro 2033
10) The Bunker
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus
14) The Gallery
15) Blade Runner
17) The Isle Tide Hotel
18) LEGO The Incredibles

Finished it, in coop with my partner. Definitely the weakest Lego game I've played so far, tbh. We could NOT be bothered 100%ing all the random side activities, despite planning to do so originally. Hopefully the next one we play will be back to being good like PotC