Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mr. Nice! posted:

Another goon gifted this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/30/us/politics/trump-legal-fees.html?unlocked_article_code=1.Rk0.drxY.Dn6lD86XioET&bgrp=c&smid=url-share

:lol: that trump spent $50m of donated campaign money on personal legal expenses last year.

well at least the lawyers are getting paid this time i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
That's enough to send them back through law school so they can become real lawyers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
January going out swinging.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1752449097007603723

lol, lmao, lmafo, lel

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1752455348106166598

unironically this is why you do

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:lol:

Ah yeah that's the stuff.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Musk testified during the compensation trial in November 2022 that the money would be used to finance interplanetary travel.

We did it! $56 billion went into a black hole!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Musk testified during the compensation trial in November 2022 that the money would be used to finance interplanetary travel.

We did it! $56 billion went into a black hole!

Pfft. That's only half of what the space race cost (adjusted for inflation). You ain't getting to another planet for probably less than a cool $200bn.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Et tu, Grok?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Woke Grok

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

facialimpediment posted:

When I had kidney stones, I got zero euphoria out of the morphine and dilaudid, but it sure did help with the screaming.

I didn't really understand how opiate addiction starts until another time I got the kinda-sorta opioid tramadol. When that poo poo kicked in, it hit hard. Then the tolerance started and a few days later, the kick disappeared. Rapidly understood how people chased that high and wanted off the poo poo as soon as possible. The opioid shits helped that too.

Meanwhile, Donnie and his bunch don't really realize the bear that they're poking:

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1752402535925653869?t=EeSJ-wZeaWvfkX02TfsQ5Q&s=19

Little does he know that Swifties could be more fanatical than MAGAts.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I support President Swift

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Swifties are unironically better at finding people than actual law enforcement. Mostly because they’re actually interested/motivated to do so :v:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

More like empress Swift, there’s no way she’d be satisfied with just the US just eight years.

Democracy dies in darkness a lavender haze.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

FrozenVent posted:

More like empress Swift, there’s no way she’d be satisfied with just the US just eight years.

Democracy dies in darkness a lavender haze.

A Prince already exists and his reign was purple. Find a different color.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Melthir posted:

A Prince already exists and his reign was purple. Find a different color.

The king is dead, long live the Queen.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

The king is dead, long live the Queen.

Freddie's gone too. :smith:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Spoggerific posted:

The names of the 3 people killed in the drone attack on Sunday have been released, along with some more details about the attack.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68133115

Looks like it's possible the attackers were familiar with how the air defense on the base worked. Is that something someone could figure out just by observing the base from a distance, or is there a chance they had some kind of intelligence? Maybe sigint from Iran?

Considering how well we handle third party nationals on bases, it's quite likely HUMINT as well.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Folks, he malding

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I hope he melts down like one of his cars.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Considering Delaware is basically a corporation made sentient, it's profoundly funny that he lost a shareholder lawsuit for that much money.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Folks, he malding

Isn't it a thing that everyone incorporates in Delaware due to their extremely friendly laws and low tax rate?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Defenestrategy posted:

Isn't it a thing that everyone incorporates in Delaware due to their extremely friendly laws and low tax rate?

even i know that and i'm not even a yank

he big mad

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

even i know that and i'm not even a yank

he big mad

he also big dumb

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Delaware has the US’s biggest merchant fleet.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Icon Of Sin posted:

Swifties are unironically better at finding people than actual law enforcement. Mostly because they’re actually interested/motivated to do so :v:

I'm sure the Swifties are pretty fanatical, but the Barbs are currently on a mass-doxxing campaign because another rapper said something mean about Nicky Minaj in a track.

Now, if we could get Trump to shittalk BTS, Blackpink, and Twice, I'd wager the Blinks, Once and whatever BTS fans call themselves would just turn the 2024 election into a foregone conclusion.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Trump is just jealous, he wanted Kelce to be his valentine but mean old Taylor stole him. :sad:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Defenestrategy posted:

The other part of it is that companies incorporate in Delaware because the legal system tends to be more responsive to businesses. Not as much the laws specifically, but you can get in front of a judge faster and the judge and case law are more likely to have pertinent background on most business disputes. That typically makes it faster and cheaper to get through legal questions.

The general point is right though, elon is whining about Delaware for doing basically what he incorporated in Delaware for because it backfired on him personally twice in a couple years. Potentially for a total personal impact of $99 billion dollars.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm sure the Swifties are pretty fanatical, but the Barbs are currently on a mass-doxxing campaign because another rapper said something mean about Nicky Minaj in a track.

Now, if we could get Trump to shittalk BTS, Blackpink, and Twice, I'd wager the Blinks, Once and whatever BTS fans call themselves would just turn the 2024 election into a foregone conclusion.

The Kpop fans ran a surprisingly effective slacktivism campaign a few years ago jamming the hashtags that the right-wing media machine kept trying to make go viral. I wouldn't be shocked to see that happen again.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

The Kpop fans ran a surprisingly effective slacktivism campaign a few years ago jamming the hashtags that the right-wing media machine kept trying to make go viral. I wouldn't be shocked to see that happen again.

Slacktivism has such a negative connotation with regard to effectiveness, I kind of hate to see it applied here. I mean, it wasn't necessarily high effort, but making far right messaging pipelines useless is, in my mind a worthwhile effort. Then again, it is low effort on the part of a community, I guess I'm just shaking my fist at clouds about this.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

A.o.D. posted:

Slacktivism has such a negative connotation with regard to effectiveness, I kind of hate to see it applied here. I mean, it wasn't necessarily high effort, but making far right messaging pipelines useless is, in my mind a worthwhile effort. Then again, it is low effort on the part of a community, I guess I'm just shaking my fist at clouds about this.

It's almost as if struggle is never fought in only one theater, and people struggle to grasp the concept of any form of activism that is not their own

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

A.o.D. posted:

it's arguably not slacktivism to run a social media-based effort if the goal is specifically to counter other social media content

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Isn't it also arguably not slacktivism if it is effective or reaches an intended outcome or goal?

Like, I could roughly see the term applied to folks sitting on their rear end flooding right wing hashtags, but ultimately, those hashtags end up defunct re: their original purpose and the original intention behind them is defeated, so the original connotation of the term slacktivism doesn't really apply.
Different example, Kpop fans from around the world flooded some Trump rally's registration several years back, causing him to boast and run his mouth, only to speak in front of a largely empty venue and being thoroughly embarrassed. The majority of the folks behind the effort had no way to make a difference in person, so sitting on their rear end and using social media to attempt to make a change can't really be called slacktivism either, I'd say.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it's almost as if slacktivism was a term invented by a purity testing rear end in a top hat who wanted to feel superior to people that weren't "doing enough"

not everyone is capable of contributing on the same level and every bit helps. talking down to folks who are doing as much as they can handle sucks poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's not slacktivism it's weaponized shitposting.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Lmao at Musk, what a loving piss baby, I hope between this and the "gimme 25%" bullshit the board finally tosses him.

E: loving twitter poll "should I move my corporate headquarters" give me a break.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Elviscat posted:

Lmao at Musk, what a loving piss baby, I hope between this and the "gimme 25%" bullshit the board finally tosses him.

E: loving twitter poll "should I move my corporate headquarters" give me a break.

The issue that the lawsuit raised is that the board colluded with elon, they aren't going to fix this unless forced to externally.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Kith posted:

it's almost as if slacktivism was a term invented by a purity testing rear end in a top hat who wanted to feel superior to people that weren't "doing enough"

not everyone is capable of contributing on the same level and every bit helps. talking down to folks who are doing as much as they can handle sucks poo poo

I know it's usually used to mean "feels good but accomplishes nothing because no effort" but I didn't intend for it to be a negative in my post. I think it (and the rally registration thing mentioned above also) show that there are, in fact, some strategies of effective action in the modern age that can be taken without un-assing your computer chair. "Slacktivism" feels like a good word to use for it.

If I'm alone in thinking that it's not always an insult then that's fine. I don't intend to run a "taking the word back" campaign or anything like that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The other part of it is that companies incorporate in Delaware because the legal system tends to be more responsive to businesses. Not as much the laws specifically, but you can get in front of a judge faster and the judge and case law are more likely to have pertinent background on most business disputes. That typically makes it faster and cheaper to get through legal questions.

The general point is right though, elon is whining about Delaware for doing basically what he incorporated in Delaware for because it backfired on him personally twice in a couple years. Potentially for a total personal impact of $99 billion dollars.

Elon is like

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's 2004 and the right wing is fixated on swifties.

It's 2024 and the right wing is fixated on swifties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

whatever BTS fans call themselves

"ARMY" lol