Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Big earthquake and tsunami in the Sea of Japan. Can't we go a day without some terrible poo poo happening? This year is gonna suck.

I'd tell y'all "Happy New Year" but we all know that'd be an utter lie. So, uh, have a New Year, GIP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

Here's another entry into a weird car wreck. Saw this in the morning and figured it was a Donnie true believer wrecking the Colorado Supreme Court, but nope!

https://www.denverpost.com/2024/01/02/colorado-supreme-court-breakin-denver-police/

Looks like a dude wrecked in the neighborhood, then threatened the other wrecked car with a gun. Then he went into a nearby building, which just so happened to be the supreme court building, held up a guard for the keys, then went in and hosed poo poo up for some reason. Even shot out the window at the cops! ... Then surrendered. A weird one.

Who amongst us hasn't...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

Looking like the Soleimani funeral site bombing was ISIS and not Israel!

https://twitter.com/semafor/status/1742949054382743619?t=DveCJctqQFjvctgMHMnoxg&s=19

Not surprised. If Iran had even the slightest suspicion it was Israel they would've said so very loudly by now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Hasn’t it always been this way? At least for a lot of manufacturing, the average level of material quality, tolerances, etc are way better than at any point in the past. But a combination of unintentional over engineering and survivorship bias from older stuff makes people think the opposite is going on.

Newer houses often being butt ugly lot-covering boxes doesn't help things.

I live in a fairly archetypal postwar California house with an extension thrown up during the malaise era. It has many, many problems (notably the electrical wiring in the extension must've been the work of drugs because there's several wall switches that do absolutely nothing) but it looks gorgeous compared to the new, probably better-constructed shitboxes going up in the neighborhood.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 7, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pmchem posted:

i can't tell if this post is serious or not

Serious or not it's sadly accurate.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
X, the everything app is going great you guys.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ded posted:

iran hijacked an oil tanker. the same one the US seized for sanction violations.

The shipyard didn't make the correct sacrifices to Neptune, I guess.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That Works posted:

In a 6-3 decision

5-4. Roberts votes to maintain Federal Supremacy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The Texas panhandle is probably the worst place I've driven through. Miles of scrubland in every single direction.

I found the panhandle ever so slightly less boring than western Kansas. I-70 is probably the only road I'd consider using a self-driving car on. It's flat and straight and there's nothing but corn and miscellaneous grassland on either side.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

F

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kith posted:

Edge also doesn't do nearly as much shady poo poo with your data as Chrome does. Of course, your data is getting scoped regardless of what you do, but Microsoft is slightly more trustworthy about it because they don't desperately need the money like Google does.

Also, let's be honest here, Microsoft probably has your data already because they're Microsoft. They don't need Edge to get it from you.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Platystemon posted:

DeSantis probably burnt through too much cash, and no one was eager to give him more.

Also he was a charisma vacuum and a complete non-entity outside Florida.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Woodchip posted:

Salt(water) in tea is an American tradition

No, we added the tea to the saltwater. Important difference.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This is overly simplistic, but I'm struggling to understand why government built and maintained housing that meets some minimum standard and rents out at some multiple of minimum wage isn't the solution here.

The Republican Party.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pantslesswithwolves posted:

UBI really is something we need to consider because AI is going to go after traditional office type jobs the way automation went after manufacturing.

Most likely all the jobs that get taken over by AI will end up returning a few months later as jobs correcting AI mistakes. And nothing will be learned by anyone.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
January going out swinging.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1752449097007603723

lol, lmao, lmafo, lel

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Et tu, Grok?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Folks, he malding

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's not slacktivism it's weaponized shitposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
New thread, who dis?