Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My phone blew up with a "blue alert" for the first time last week, I think because we don't have them in KY, and I was in NC. So now I turned off "severe alerts" because that's the category it's in. If there's a flash flood or tornado it better be in the "extreme alert" category or I'll miss it, because absolutely gently caress off with "blue alert"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What is this, an election year?!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Brick?! Lah dee dah moneybags

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
But the oath is decades old! Which means it could be a result of Bush v Gore lol

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
No they don't, which is the point I'm pretty sure

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Fivemarks posted:

Are we going to talk about the secret Messianic Ultraorthodox Jewish Tunnels discovered under New York City? Because I swear I'm not making it up.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/new...eo-roundup.html

Uh...

The Yeshiva World posted:

NOTE FROM YWN: Around two hours later the NYPD entered the Bais Medrash and made a few arrests. The crowd of meshichist bochrim responded to the NYPD with violence befitting animals in Gaza (see videos below). It’s high time that the respectable greater Lubavitcher community rise up and seize control of this Makom Kadosh.

Cool cool

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
How does government funding make a police force more acceptable

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah man don't you realize taking a country drive isn't good policy?!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah! Protect that property with his life!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hell yeah let's pop his head like a balloon with a high caliber rifle bullet to teach him a lesson about being mentally ill in the United States. I, and I cannot believe I have to say this, am also being sarcastic because a cop shooting a gun isn't going to help anything

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Similarly if you’ve never read Ender’s Game, go ahead and do that and then immediately read Speaker for the Dead.

Then and only then look up OSC’s politics.

Definitely don't go from Enders Game to Folk of the Fringe, a collection of short stories from a future where the temple in Salt Lake City is the last bastion of civilization

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah that sent uncanny chills down my spine like spotting eyes in the dark

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's a long week

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Midjack posted:

Death by snoo snoo.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Midjack posted:

In addition to weird butt stuff Vince looks like poo poo. The too-dark hair dye and embarrassing mustache aren't doing him any favors either.

That's not a mustache

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
They only cost a couple grand, think bigger

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Spoggerific posted:

The names of the 3 people killed in the drone attack on Sunday have been released, along with some more details about the attack.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68133115

Looks like it's possible the attackers were familiar with how the air defense on the base worked. Is that something someone could figure out just by observing the base from a distance, or is there a chance they had some kind of intelligence? Maybe sigint from Iran?

Maybe they read the Iliad

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

whatever BTS fans call themselves

"ARMY" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Maybe next month, son