Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1750568690804830703?t=ThIKxovSRY-WmRgGhItaHQ&s=19

The jokes would write themselves if it wasn't for the circumstances. But looks like she signed an NDA for $3M, then ol' Vinnie Mac decided to stop paying after $1M and the board started asking questions. Said board mostly stopped after they got to "WHAT THE FU-" and never added the CK? because the company was being sold for bajillionty dollars.

In addition to weird butt stuff Vince looks like poo poo. The too-dark hair dye and embarrassing mustache aren't doing him any favors either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Midjack posted:

In addition to weird butt stuff Vince looks like poo poo. The too-dark hair dye and embarrassing mustache aren't doing him any favors either.

The only person on the planet who can pull off a moustache that thin and low is John Waters. No one else should ever attempt it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Actually that's the one that will have you panicking inside cuz your body doesn't detect oxygen in the atmosphere, it detects CO2 buildup in the lungs.

Yeah nah in a CO2 heavy environment, you just drop within seconds, maybe a breath or two, once you fill your lungs with CO2 that is it, within seconds your brain is completely starved of oxygen and you lose conciousness, you're done unless you get put back in a oxygenated environment immediately which never happens. Your body might twitch or something after the fact but yeah you're just gone.

In a moderate CO2 environment, you will experience severe physiological distress however, that's how you see headaches, nausea, vomiting, seizures, etc, because your body's CO2 rejection mechanisms have time to kick in and make you feel awful to let you know to leave the area.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I googled (a version) of my name a long time ago and for a while the first result was an experimental musician who had also made a final video describing in detail how to properly kill yourself with carbon monoxide.

I think the Internet was a mistake.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kazinsal posted:

The only person on the planet who can pull off a moustache that thin and low is John Waters. No one else should ever attempt it.

John Waters is too high caliber and decent a pervert to have his stache tarnished by association with vince

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Midjack posted:

That's not a mustache

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Midjack posted:

He's in that uncanny valley region that happens when the plastic surgery stops working right.

RE: nitrogen asphyxiation: it'd be my choice, if I were in death row and had a choice between it and the various other methods used throughout US history. Unless I was feeling froggy, then it'd be firing squad. I "got" to do an impromptu rescue for someone who was rendered unconscious by N2 asphyxiation, he had nothing bad to report besides "whoa, what happened?"

Either way, the death penalty poo poo is nothing but a stupid resource drain, and is completely morally indefensible in light of the many people who have just been straight up murdered by the state.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ded posted:

cruelty is the point

Ah, yeah, about that. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

quote:

Alabama death row inmate Kenneth Eugene Smith has been executed by nitrogen gas – making him the first person in US history to be put to death through the controversial method.

Smith, 58, was pronounced dead at 8.25pm CT on Thursday at the William C Holman Correctional Facility in Atmore, Alabama, almost three decades after he was convicted in the 1988 murder-for-hire plot of Elizabeth Sennett.

His religious adviser Reverend Jeff Hood, who witnessed the execution, told reporters what he saw was a man “struggling for their life” for a staggering 22 minutes.

Alabama authorities insist the execution went to plan, despite predicting the untested method would lead to unconsciousness within seconds and death in minutes.

But, witnesses said Smith appeared conscious for several minutes, shaking and writhing on the gurney.

“We didn’t see somebody go unconscious in 30 seconds,” said Rev Hood. “What we saw was minutes of someone struggling for their life.”

Smith’s death came after the US Supreme Court denied a final, 11th-hour bid to stay of execution. The ruling received dissent from Justice Sonia Sotomayor who wrote that the state had selected Smith as a “guinea pig” by using the untested method.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/alabama-execution-nitrogen-kenneth-smith-updates-b2485208.html

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Reverend Jeremiah Wright continues to play on a loop in my head.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
and here I thought all the fun was done in the E. Jean Carroll trial:

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1750893530728284211

edit: lol

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1750896378572644383

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1750896446117687639

edit2: https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1750897404025471256

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 26, 2024

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
And another one

https://apnews.com/article/yemen-houthi-gulf-aden-shipping-british-military-7fafd1cfb3e04209b97a0d0f2abd5c26

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Midjack posted:

I never got past the dildos named after wrestlers

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I read some of the deposition outlining the accusations, and they were loving gross. He offered her out as a resigning bonus to Brock Lesnar.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I guess sexual assault is unpunished if you're a brain-hosed veteran.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

This all tracks from what they put in the btb series about vince

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

"My client cannot be punished, he's an LTC"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Stravag posted:

This all tracks from what they put in the btb series about vince

It's a loving wild series.

"Oh my god he's covering up murder?"

"No, murderS. We're not even done yet it gets worse. And we couldn't fit it all in these episodes either, there's more."

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

It's really frustrating that several million dollars worth of institutional bullshit can't manage to replicate the effect that a tank of welding gas, a tube, a ziptie, and a goddamned grocery bag can. Exit bags / checkout bags are A Thing. I'm not sure on the details but I believe I've heard folks say stuff like "Take 5 deep breaths. You won't make it past 4" when breathing pure N2 and nothing else.

The cruelty really IS the point.

Let me guess, the nitrogen was "mixed" for his "comfort" and the mask wasn't fitted anywhere near correctly, so he got to suffer as long as possible while the warden, guards, and prosecutors furiously masturbated?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah shockingly they hosed it up

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
"I want to die so I will just take some deep breaths and blink out" is entirely different from "they just turned on the mask of death vapor and I will die if I breathe."

Apparently the loving morons running thid state-sanctioned murder can't grasp this, or more likely just don't care.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

stealie72 posted:

"I want to die so I will just take some deep breaths and blink out" is entirely different from "they just turned on the mask of death vapor and I will die if I breathe."

Apparently the loving morons running thid state-sanctioned murder can't grasp this, or more likely just don't care.

the third and arguably most likely possibility is

Multiple people posted:

the cruelty is the point

the cynical side of me sees the reporting of "conscious for several minutes, shaking and writhing on the gurney" and "authorities insist the execution went to plan" and only concludes that both quotes are essentially correct

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ive seen enough replies of “yeah it sucks but he murdered someone so what” that yeah this loving sucks.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

stealie72 posted:

That's an easy enough fix, if you care about humanity and minimizing suffering.

"Mr Victim, this timer on the wall will release the gas in 5 minutes. *cranks oven timer connected with nothing to 5 minutes*. The viewing window shutters will not open for 5 minutes. Please take this time to find peace with your maker."

*immediately switch over to pure N2 while he thinks about it*

Executions shouldn't still be a thing, but if you're dead-set on state murder, at least loving kill people humanely.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Zamujasa posted:

the third and arguably most likely possibility is

the cynical side of me sees the reporting of "conscious for several minutes, shaking and writhing on the gurney" and "authorities insist the execution went to plan" and only concludes that both quotes are essentially correct

Well, they managed to not murder the observers, so it could have gone a lot worse.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Carroll verdict is in. Will be read aloud in court at 4:35 eastern time (in three minutes).

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Busy day, now a tanker is on fire from a Houthi missile

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68110358

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Jury awards Carroll $7.1m in compensatory damages, $11m in rehabilitation damages, and $65m in punitive damages.

e: $83.3m total. One of the people I got numbers from transcribed them wrong.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jury awards Carroll $7.1m in compensatory damages, $11m in rehabilitation damages, and $65m in punitive damages.

as popehat said - when that strategy doesn't work, it really, really doesn't work

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lmao running his mouth in court cost him tens of millions of dollars

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Platystemon posted:

Not just that, he already owed Carroll $5M from running his mouth. This $83M is for CONTINUING to run his mouth.

Edit: https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1750998393910919556

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Mr. Nice! posted:

e: $83.3m total. One of the people I got numbers from transcribed them wrong.

Get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. :circlefap:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mr. Nice! posted:

Carroll verdict is in. Will be read aloud in court at 4:35 eastern time (in three minutes).

quote:

Jury awards Carroll $83.3 million in damages

Former President Donald Trump must pay writer E. Jean Carroll $83.3 million for defaming her in 2019 after she accused him of sexually assaulting her in a department store in the 1990s.

The jury determined that Trump must pay $18.3 million in compensatory damages and $65 million in punitive damages.

A separate jury last year found Trump liable for sexually assaulting then defaming Carroll, awarding her $5 million in damages.

The current jury of nine New Yorkers -- including a former schoolteacher, a transit worker, and a property manager -- rendered a verdict after deliberating for just under three hours.

Let's see how ol' Donn-- :suicide: he will die before he pays a cent

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Did it, or will this money all come from Meemaw and Pawpaw donating their social security check to the TRIPLE MAGA DONATION FUND to fight back the woke mob that is going after their favorite president?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

quote:

[Defense Attorney Joseph] Jordan described the circumstances as a “four-month situation” and said “there are absolutely no clean hands by any party to this case, including the alleged victims.

:murder:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Defense Attorney Joseph Jordan def. has some skeletons in his closet.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wasabi the J posted:

Let's see how ol' Donn-- :suicide: he will die before he pays a cent

His team are probably getting ready to fire off a "Donate NOW to help me pay my eight-figure fine me get re-elected by texting RIGGED to...".

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

stealie72 posted:

Did it, or will this money all come from Meemaw and Pawpaw donating their social security check to the TRIPLE MAGA DONATION FUND to fight back the woke mob that is going after their favorite president?

So what happens when Trump defames her again?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Flikken posted:

So what happens when Trump defames her again?

He was defaming during the trial.

He had to post 5 mil to challenge the first one. He's gonna have to post 83 to challenge this one.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Next up on the Donald Trump "gently caress Around and Find Out" Tour is DC is (tentatively) next in March, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

lightpole posted:

He was defaming during the trial.

He had to post 5 mil to challenge the first one. He's gonna have to post 83 to challenge this one.

Yeah but wouldn't defaming her.....again allow her to sue him....again?