Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Happy Election Year everybody

Ugh

Gah, why did you remind me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Also a reminder:
https://x.com/wejustnormalmen/status/1741761186620698624?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Happy New Year, TFF chat peeps! I went to my cousins' house and we watched LOTR: The Two Towers (extended edition of course), and timed it for Theoden to say "So it begins" at midnight - we ended up being one second early, I'll take it.

Gonna have some fairly major news a week from today.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Happy New Year, goons. Spent my NYE in Vegas, saw John Oliver and Seth Myers live (Oliver is the better stand up for sure) then watched fireworks on the strip, only for us to shuffle off single file to our hotels.

Who knows what this year's surprises will bring.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hey everyone who shared ToTK tips with me in the last thread (many months back):

Thank you!

Still haven’t played nearly as much as I’d like to, but I’ve beaten three of the dungeons now and it is the best game I’ve ever played :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

Happy New Year, goons. Spent my NYE in Vegas, saw John Oliver and Seth Myers live (Oliver is the better stand up for sure) then watched fireworks on the strip, only for us to shuffle off single file to our hotels.

Who knows what this year's surprises will bring.

Man I’ll bet that was a good show.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Freaquency posted:

Also because I know all you degens want to know:

Congrats Lee on being the 2023 Chat Thread king

drat I've really fallen off

this is already a bad year because the cowboys are in the playoffs

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Pron on VHS posted:

Give your dad RDR2

Update: this is what my dad got for Christmas (and the Patrick Stewart memoir). I also got back in and played like an hour this morning. hosed around relearning the controls and continuing my streak of not seeing a moose to complete the camp crafting stuff. Absolutely zero progress toward anything except getting Arthur less underweight.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
gently caress 2023 let's go 2024

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I wish the Dallas Cowboys a very humiliating first round playoff exit

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Happy New Year, TFF chat peeps! I went to my cousins' house and we watched LOTR: The Two Towers (extended edition of course), and timed it for Theoden to say "So it begins" at midnight - we ended up being one second early, I'll take it.

Gonna have some fairly major news a week from today.

You have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Update: this is what my dad got for Christmas (and the Patrick Stewart memoir). I also got back in and played like an hour this morning. hosed around relearning the controls and continuing my streak of not seeing a moose to complete the camp crafting stuff. Absolutely zero progress toward anything except getting Arthur less underweight.

I have settled on RDR 2 and CK3 as my games for 2024. No need for anything new

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Went to mass with my sister since it's our dad's death anniversary. We were approached by some of the staff and asked to help by bringing up the offerings to the priest, which my sister said yes for us.

I'm wearing a Nine Inch Nails zip-up hoodie.

The candles here are also electronic and accept dollar bills.

Happy new year, goons.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The taking of bills is real dumb and absolutely antithetical to what its suppoed to be. I completely get the electric candles, though, because people are real dumb and the risk of fire is not small, especially in the older churches.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

My current objective is to make it to Dune Part Two, nothing else

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I, for one, will not be getting married or divorced or having children in 2024.

I will probably be returning to school, however.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Dropped out of the top ten and missed the first page 2024 starting off strong :gonk:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I lost 25 lbs in 2023, and then I went back on Abilify and gained it all back. :whitewater:

I'm pretty sure it's visceral fat though, which means it should be fairly quick to lose with diet and exercise. The question is how easy is it to lose while still taking Abilify?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Wrong thread but 😍

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 1, 2024

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Also I apparently developed a benzo dependency in 2023 and have to taper off that poo poo now.

I started tapering treatment about a week and a half ago. So far so good, but I'm gonna have to do this for at least a few months.

gently caress.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Nothing better than a benzo, but also a Faustian bargain…..drat!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Also shoutout to Blind, thanks for all the cooking recs, you’re a true Nightcrew Homie

Nightcrew bestcrew

The Puppy Bowl posted:

2024 could be the year you spend a little less time traveling internet rabbit holes.

Hey, I'm tryin. I've been good lately.

Also, no one had earthquakes and tsunamis in their predictions? because about 4 countries have issued tsunami warnings today and the footage coming out of Japan looks downright terrifying.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Dr_Strangelove posted:

My current objective is to make it to Dune Part Two, nothing else

I also would like to live long enough to see Dune 2.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Happy New Year chat thread. We went up to Estes Park today before heading home tomorrow and the elevation out here is no joke.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi TFF pals, welcome to 2024. I predict another hell year, with bad and good things all mixed in, the specter of another election, endless wars and death, corporate malfeasance and public idiocy. However, we have one another, and football, and various other comforts great and small, and these shall tide us over.

Godspeed.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Chalk another one up for father time, got my grandma this morning at the age of 92 :(. She'd been in decline for a while, so it wasn't a surprise.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My condolences, Nervous. I wish I still had a grandma. Hug your grandmas.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I also would like to live long enough to see Dune 2.

Cyclone Objectives 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Top 10 baby woo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Nervous posted:

Chalk another one up for father time, got my grandma this morning at the age of 92 :(. She'd been in decline for a while, so it wasn't a surprise.

mine died in the last hour of 2014

i understand this kind of death this time of year

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
E: Wrong thread

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Death in New Year's Day definitely sets the tone for the year. My condolences.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Nervous posted:

Ah sorry man.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Sorry to hear about your grandma, Nervous.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Freaquency posted:

Also because I know all you degens want to know:

Congrats Lee on being the 2023 Chat Thread king

Oh for fucks sake, and I had a month long probation.

Android users, what podcast app do you use. I'm currently using Google's but they're gonna shut it down in April I figured I should start looking now so if I don't like one I can try another.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Excellent way to ring in the New Year.
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1741961080610705549?t=SciaqGI6_RyhXOr0FaLAaA&s=19

Should have guessed, but I never did.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Air Skwirl posted:

Android users, what podcast app do you use. I'm currently using Google's but they're gonna shut it down in April I figured I should start looking now so if I don't like one I can try another.

Podcast Addict

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’m really happy with Pocket Casts on Apple; I assume they’re available on Android.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Excellent way to ring in the New Year.
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1741961080610705549?t=SciaqGI6_RyhXOr0FaLAaA&s=19

Should have guessed, but I never did.

Oh that reminds me that SB's birthday is next week. I should buy him a card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I've been close to my 2024 goal of getting all 4 cats to cuddle with me at the same time but alas, one will always jump off or move away when the final cat gets close. I'm also making slow cooker pulled pork and I've got another 2 hours before it's done but my house smells great and I'm hungry now.