Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Freaquency posted:

Also because I know all you degens want to know:

Congrats Lee on being the 2023 Chat Thread king

Right in that meaty part of the curve. Not showing off, not falling behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Give your dad RDR2

Update: this is what my dad got for Christmas (and the Patrick Stewart memoir). I also got back in and played like an hour this morning. hosed around relearning the controls and continuing my streak of not seeing a moose to complete the camp crafting stuff. Absolutely zero progress toward anything except getting Arthur less underweight.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Your cat instinctively wants some fiber. You can potentially help the cat by adding fiber to their diet via a little psyllium powder (it's basically metamucil, but get pure psyllium so there's no additives) plus a little extra water, to their wet food daily. Of course ask your vet first. But it really helped our cat who had gut issues.

We do this but adding a teaspoon of pumpkin to wet food twice a day then mixing in some water for some delicious tuna chunk and pumpkin soup. We started with a powder but the pumpkin was easier to clean. Again, always ask the vet.

swickles posted:

Does anyone use any apps to keep track of their kitchen inventory? I'm looking for something I could access from both mine and my wife's phone (Android and iPhone). Tired of wondering if we have X spice or sauce and ending up with 3 bottles. Would like to be able to track what spices, sauces/condiments, and what all we have in our deep freeze. We just packaged a lot of meat and come spring are probably going to be splitting a cow with some neighbors, so it would be nice to have everything on my phone instead of the dry erase board next to the deep freeze.

No, but interested to hear if anyone has a good suggestion. I have a dedicated sticky note on on e of my phone home screens that's a grocery list I add things to when they are out or low, but that still requires me to have an idea of what we normally stock. I did put together a google sheet in my drive to keep track of our chest freezer inventory so we can know what fish we have in there from our monthly box, but can't imagine doing that for the whole drat kitchen.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I took the rest of the week off work because my sister is a dummy who moved across the country with her boyfriend and doesn’t have a job or driver’s license and she and the bf broke up and now she has to move back in with our parents. Excited to spend the next few days doing nothing but driving and moving stuff out of a third floor walkup.

A few years ago my brother moved in with my parents in MN as a separation from his husband in Louisville. He left a bunch of stuff in KY, so when he decided to split we had to make a trip to get it. He has a bad back, so it was just my dad and me. We drove 10 hours, stayed overnight, got a moving truck, then went to their house expecting to throw poo poo in the truck and leave. NOTHING was packed, so we spent about six hours boxing poo poo up with his soon-to-be ex. Since we had acquired another vehicle, we drove back in separate cars starting the 10 hour drive back around 5PM. I had my dad's car with two cats in the back who wailed on and off the entire trip. We did this after our family celebrated early Chrismas, so we got back into town at 3AM on actual Christmas, after which I had another hour back to my house.

I know my brother is grateful for it, but it really was an awful experience all around. Hopefully your sister appreciates it.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

dark chocolate peanut butter cups from trader joes are better than regular reeses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YW-5Flkiuw

The peanut butter cup thing pays off at the end, but it's worth listening to the whole thing.

I pulled up the US map forecast to see how many of my coworkers were going to be affected, and did think about you in ND when I saw it was significantly worse there than here. It's such a pain figuring out how to dress to blow the driveway knowing it's going to be ungodly cold at first, but not wanting to sweat after walking up and down it a few times.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I feel like I’m destined to die of a heart attack while shoveling. Mostly because I refuse to let other people do it so I’m sure I’ll be 75 and out there shoveling some wet sloppy snow and my heart will give out.

The hospital employees here call the wet, heavy stuff widowmaker snow. There is an influx of heart attacks when it snows, but that's far and away the worst.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

I came down to Florida with the gf to visit her college friends. They’re all married so I’m hanging out with their husbands while the girls go off and do stuff. We played golf today and I swear to god they haven’t stopped complaining about their wives. Idk if it’s like bro culture or whatever but it’s annoying as hell. They tried roping me in like “does your girl annoy you too?” And I’m like…no, she’s awesome and I love hanging out with her wtf, and even if she did I wouldn’t talk poo poo about her to you losers.

My wife has mentioned this with her coworkers complaining about their husbands very regularly. Imo if you have to immediately start venting vitriol about your SO the second you're out of earshot, maybe reconsider that relationship.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

One of our friends spent way too many years in a toxic, codependent relationship that was initially romantic then friends but she always hoped would turn back to romantic. By the time she woke up and realized it was done (which might have been around the time he proposed to someone else), she got desperate not to be the last person in her friend group to get married. She's now engaged to a guy with around zero redeeming qualities, and I've never heard her say a positive word about him, but by god at least she's moving forward with the next major life step.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Intruder posted:

Life in the south: my kids school has already been closed for tomorrow, not for snow but for cold temperatures. The high is 33 and the low is 20

My employer is based in Texas, and I've gotten multiple emails about office closures there due to inclement weather. It sounds like Austin did get some freezing rain yesterday, but the extreme temperatures do seem to be the major bugbear.

Definitely understand the different definitions of extreme cold, but it is funny seeing those when it didn't get above 0F here yesterday. My favorite part was pulling up their weather alerts and one of them is a hard freeze warning on January 15th

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

My company recalled all remote employees to hybrid roles for two days a week in the office in August. They’re increasing it to three days in April.

I applied for 11 roles today. gently caress that.

A very good reason to be firing off resumes, imo

My ~1500 people company had a quarterly town hall today. There was a typed question asking if a fully remote person would have the same opportunities for advancement as someone in a physical office. Our (very uncharismatic) CEO at first said oh yeah, good employees will be recognized and promoted no matter where they work, then kind of caught himself and threw in something at the end about "it's one thing to be remote where we don't have a physical presence, but you can figure out a hybrid schedule if you're in a city where we have an office". Made me happy there isn't one within 1000 miles of me.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Seems to always be one week every winter where it gets really cold. Otherwise we usually hang in the 20s and 30s for a high and teens for the lows.

So far this is shaping up to be the second winter in a row where the average temperature is 15-20, but we never actually spend any time there. We're once again oscillating between miserably cold stretches that then heat up to freezing to dump freezing rain or godawful heavy snow.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

https://www.seriouseats.com/channa-masala-recipe

Gonna try this recipe as my first attempt at curry this week. I'm gonna use store bought garam masala. Very excited to try my hand at this because I loooove Indian food but it's so pricey around here.

I have this one bookmarked! We had channa masala at one of the many events for the Indian wedding we went to last fall, and that recipe was a delicious re-creation of it.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I’m a Paradox girl, but Hearts of Iron interests me least, honestly.

Same. I'll laser focus on a Paradox game and put 60 hours into it over the course of a couple weeks multiple times a year, but I don't remember exactly what stopped me from doing the same with HoI4 when I saw it was on Game Pass.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I need to get back into Victoria 3

This is on my Steam wishlist as the next one to suddenly lose a bunch of time to.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Hell yeah brother, congrats

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Zoey has been in our house for about a year and three months now, and Toby is finally wearing her down to commit to cuddling in with him. Even in the last couple months there's a big change in how relaxed she'll get with him next to her.

This was December (he weaseled his way in while she was curled up on the couch)

And two from the last two days under the same blanket on the couch both times

You've got to hand it to him, the little guy does not give up

e: that blue/green blanket they're laying on is one my wife is three rows from finishing crocheting. It has taken about 3x longer than it should have because once it got big enough they started laying on it every time she would try to work on it

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 28, 2024

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

We've had to send in our joy-cons repeatedly now for stick drift and it's not even like we do a ton for gaming or play really action intensive things. I guess unless you count TotK. About all I played last year was that and Dragon Quest 11.

We have six joycons for two Switches, and recently had to send in three of them for drift repairs. It wasn't an all at once thing, but when we went on vacation and were both using them handheld we only had one full set that worked reliably, so we broke down and sent them all in.

Credit to Nintendo eventually making it free and easy to get them fixed.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Paging A Neat Cape (or anyone else with knowledge of the area) for restaurant recommendations if we're staying here for a few days: https://maps.app.goo.gl/weh1K5jxxdWsmRg29

We're visiting from Minnesota, so seafood/sushi or whatever else is in short supply here in the landlocked north would be appreciated.

Also any fun stuff to do as tourists that we could potentially walk to. We will have a car and plan to go to the zoo one day. It looks like there could be a lot in the Central Park looking area near the zoo, but we don't know which ones are cool or which are duds.

e: Late, but my ringtone is the shop music from Mario Odyssey because it's a jam, and I hear it about once every six months when a non-spam call happens to come through when my phone isn't on silent

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 7, 2024

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

a neat cape posted:

The Central Park looking area is Balboa Park. Absolutely tons of museums and cool stuff to look at. Big recommended. The aviation museum and museum of man are my favorites.

You're also close to the USS Midway, which is a super cool tour too.

Edgewater Grill and Sally's Fish House in Seaport village are great for local seafood. Hi Poke is in the same area if that's your thing.

:tipshat:

My wife had scoped out the aviation museum, I don't remember hearing about the museum of man.

a sexual elk posted:

We usually hit Mission Bay and the Botanical Gardens, but we’re just dirty Angelenos on a day trip

Botanical gardens was definitely something we noticed in Balboa Park, thanks for the endorsement.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

a neat cape posted:

The Central Park looking area is Balboa Park. Absolutely tons of museums and cool stuff to look at. Big recommended. The aviation museum and museum of man are my favorites.

You're also close to the USS Midway, which is a super cool tour too.

Edgewater Grill and Sally's Fish House in Seaport village are great for local seafood. Hi Poke is in the same area if that's your thing.

Big post-trip thanks for this. That area is packed with stuff to do and places to eat. Friday to Sunday we did the zoo (very impressive), walked that boardwalk down to the shops, toured the Midway, did the air and space museum then the recently renamed museum of us. Ate at the Local Eatery (travel day dinner, it was close), Full Moon sushi, Sally's Fish House, Las Hadas, Hi Poke, and Barbusa. Not a bad meal in the bunch. We didn't have a way to keep or reheat leftovers, so we absolutely stuffed ourselves at Las Hadas.

My wife went back to MN on Monday, and I stayed for work training through Friday. We went to a different restaurant in Little Italy that wasn't nearly as good as Barbusa, but that was really it for noteworthy food for those days. We split into groups for different activities on Thursday, and I got to see the little blue penguins at the Birch Aquarium. In total the training was about 50 people, which is our entire group at work from associates up to partner-in-charge. The highlight of the work portion of the trip was VIP backroom karaoke with the partners keeping the room stocked with beer and soju until midnight. That was also the night before I gave my training presentation.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Docjowles posted:

I did for a while but then “TRUMP” changed the tax code around for reasons and it ended up being a wash again :shrug:

Yeah I've stopped even checking since they increased the standard deduction so much, although at this point we basically just have our mortgage to claim.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

drat, imgur made their poo poo more annoying to get the i.imgur file.

Here's palette cleanser Toby and Zoey sharing a box in the sun. Zoey woke up because I came over to take a picture, so she's stretching. Yes there are two boxes next to each other, but the bigger one rarely gets used because Toby just lays on top of her instead.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

It will be 60 here on Monday, so that will be the inaugural grill day for 2024. Going to start the season (too early) with some cedar planked salmon and asparagus.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I see that sneaky paw heading out to my late night snack, don't think you're fooling anyone cat.

Also everytime William H Macy pops up in ER it takes me a sec.

I watched Fargo flying back home last week, and had forgotten how great he is in that.

That trip made me a believer that people are more prone to being emotional on airplanes, because I got misty-eyed at the hug at the end of Fargo flying home and the hug at the end of the Big Lebowski flying out there.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

GD_American posted:

Let your fridge be your fridge, and your freezer be your freezer.

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/a...XhoCeQEQAvD_BwE

(We bought it at like half that price a decade ago)

Saw "side by side" and was getting ready to tee off on what a horrendously lovely waste of space those are, but this I could get behind. We have a dedicated upright freezer in our basement, and it is so much better than a chest freezer for things not getting lost. It does help to be a real psycho who keeps a spreadsheet inventory of what's in there, too, but even I realize that's beyond reasonable for most people.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

Wait hardware stores sell food???

The Ace Hardware in our town is the only place I've seen selling Darrell Lea licorice. I'm trying to get better about going there first, especially when I just need one thing. About 90% of the time the staff are attentive enough to ask what you're looking for when you walk in the front door and at least point you down the correct aisle. Last week when I said I was looking for connectors for network wiring the old guy working there said, "I can show you where all that stuff is, but I can't help if you have any questions about any of it", which I assured him was just fine.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Fat Jesus posted:

I get mine from a F1 engineer and a few other sources with no financial interest in it. Go ahead and eat diamond joes website. When every car manufacturer is having second thoughts, perhaps you should too.

The car manufacturers are having second thoughts because EV's aren't a significant enough improvement in overall emissions over the lifetime of the vehicle?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Voted uncommitted around noon and I was the 68th person at that location according to the vote reading machine. We're right at the tipping point between dark blue and dark red, which makes me curious to see who else bothered to turn up and for what.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I nominate Crab Cake Span

Crab Cake Span sounds like a Branson Reese D&D NPC name

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Rectal Placenta posted:

Anyone here a shopping cart puller instead of pusher at the grocery store? I just don't get it.

I went on my grocery run this week and the store had all brand new carts with pistol grip handles on the ends of the normal handle. I don't get that either.

I have a receipt from our grocery store on my desk so I can fill out a survey and plead to them to get rid of half their carts and replace them with the short ones. Literally every time I go there are at most three small ones and three full rows of untouched big ones. The receipt survey is the only way I can imagine getting that plea in front of eyes that might actually be able to address it

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

swickles posted:

Just saw some Mormons at Sam's Club but they were deviating from the standard black pants and tie. There were 4 or 5 of them, with navy, light blue, or dark gray pants. They had different color ties on, but still white shirts. One was in a full three piece suit (youngest of the group). I am guessing the felt the need to invoke some fashion to their missionaries?

This reminded me, a buddy of mine in college stayed at my parent's place over the summer between sophomore and junior year, and recently re-found this gem he cut out from the newspaper during that summer:

I had forgotten about "Nelson said Otte told him he doesn't like Jehova Witnesses 'or any religions'".

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Intruder posted:

when you think about it, inhaling the iocane powder should have killed vizzini without needing to drink it

The demonstration is that it's odorless, there's no proof he actually inhaled any

e: any further discussion on this topic must be page snypes only

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

my wife spent all week ranting raving about not getting an invite for a neighborhood event, encouraged me to burn some bridges, and now we find the invite in our mailbox. Is there a more stupid feeling

Do you know it was in there and you missed it, or could someone have snuck it in after said bridge burning?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Any of you play the new City Skylines?

Seems like it was a buggy poorly-performing mess at launch, but the underlying game mechanics were fun.

Wondering if the game has been sufficiently patched to be playable?

At launch it was so badly optimized it chugged like hell on my decent PC. Since then it was patched enough to play well. I like the road building stuff more than the older one, and the unlock progression seems more natural (iirc, I only played one game for a few hours). It's one I uninstalled recently in the constant shuffle of making enough room to play things, but that will probably last a month or so before I get the itch to start a new city again.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

OK, I'm trying this

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Freaquency posted:

I’m on a plane and someone in front of me is watching the new Aquaman. It looks like poo poo.

On a flight about a month ago I was middle seat and the two screens I could see in the row in front of us watched Blue Scarab and whatever the Gamestop Reddit stock movie is with the guy who did the vow of silence in Little Miss Sunshine. They looked bad enough I consider myself as having seen both movies now.

Also one of those people then watched 27 Dresses, and a completely different lady in my row watched 27 Dresses on my flight home from that same trip. There are like 200 movies on there, it was a real "what are the odds" situation where two different people chose to watch a 15 year old movie on different flights.

Multiple people watched that new one with Alison Brie and the Rock that I had never heard of until I saw them watching it on a plane. I assumed it was also an old movie until I saw it advertised on Hulu or something streaming at home.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Successfully transferred a new colony of bees to a hive solo today after taking a year off. Well, I guess we won't know it was successful until a week or so, but I didn't get stung and the majority of bees (most importantly the queen) were inside it when I shut the box.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Finished the Fallout show. I liked it!

I have never played a Fallout

We watched episode 1 last night, I'm assuming will do at least another 2 more tonight. I forgot my wife probably has as much time into Fallout Shelter as I do in all the other games combined, so it was funny to hear her recognize a bunch of stuff in the vault scene.

Also played/watched into Chapter 2 of Like a Dragon last night, and I'm all-in on getting my goofy-permed son back on his feet after his time inside.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

This is worth watching for the amazing demeanor change from officer badass

https://twitter.com/jenelaina/status/1785552871431299320

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Yes I know it’s all fake, can they just show us how to fix things again?

You're looking for This Old House and other fine PBS programming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Left side of fire directly under the lady's right hand? That caught me too ...

I spent two hours troubleshooting the mobile wifi in our ambulance yesterday and it reminded me how much I loving hated IT at the end.

I spent a measurable amount of my weekend trying to get an 8bitdo Bluetooth adapter to see my 8bitdo Bluetooth SNES controller, and I wanted to smash them both with hammers by the end of it