Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

First night of insomnia of the new year yay

Probably didn't fall asleep until 2:00. Woke up at 6:30. 9-year-old woke up at 2:00 and decided to read and draw for three hours so she's going to hit a wall at some point and be grumpy the rest of the day.

Dango Bango posted:

Oh man. Fireworks waking me up and keeping me up for two hours has me feeling awful this morning. So much for getting back on my normal sleep schedule :gonk:

2024 :toot:

Happy New Year fellow sleepless goons. Headed home at midnight and was dead tired while the GF had the zoomies and of course she konked out immediately and I tossed and turned all night and am currently lying in bed still dead tired and still unable to sleep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

33, got snipped at the end of 2022, no kids, zero regrets. GF and I have both had multiple “Yep, we made the right decision” moments over the last year when interacting with other people’s children lol. 99% of the time I’m interacting with my niece or a friend’s kid my internal monologue is something like “Ew gross go away” or “wow you are extremely annoying go away”

One of our friends’ kids is like the coolest nicest little dude you’ve ever met, because mom runs a daycare at home and takes it very seriously so he’s extremely nice and polite. Dude still asked if he could have some of my taco dip the last time I was over there and I was like awww sure little buddy! *proceeds to dip chip, suck all the dip off the chip and then shove the chip right back into my taco dip*

Also it probably goes without being said here, but with multiple mentions of snips in the last few pages for the love of god make sure you follow up and test your sperm after because if you don’t you will probably be having another child soon! I had to test twice over a few months before I was given the all clear.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Got my adderal today and will start tomorrow. I also just found ou ER is on Hulu so I'm starting psuedo-rewatch since I kinda remember watching various parts at different times. That show had a stacked cast.

Yeah we started watching this a few months ago, but then my GF kept fuckin watching it while I was working and basically blew through two seasons without me so I got lost and fell off it :argh:

Season one was extremely fun to watch and we both had our different nostalgia trips because our parents both religiously watched it when it aired when we were both kids. Also yeah, had a hearty lol when Frank Gallagher showed up as a Chief of Surgery, what a great new scam for him!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Freaquency posted:

What kind of monster lacks the restraint to avoid watching a series you’re sharing together?

In her defense I think she was working under the assumption that it was a casual don’t really care nothing else to watch kinda thing for us, until I was like yo what’s all this major character development, where the hell did so and so go, I’m missing all this poo poo dude

swickles posted:

We finally got nailed with a "super spreader" event. The holidays went fine, until we returned our grandma to her ALF on the 27th. Her entire floor and half the building had active CoVID rampaging through it.

I’ll cut out most of the personal details because it’s not really mine to share, but GF’s Aunt injured her back several years ago and didn’t once go to PT and instead just complained about it and let her health fail to the point where she fell a couple of months ago and was stuck on the floor for 24 hours until she could get the phone. So GF’s parents called an ambulance, she’s got all sorts of problems, hospital sends her to a nursing home, GFs mom and dad agree to clean her house that looks exactly like a woman who can’t get off the floor and refuses to asks for help’s house would look like

So she she rewards them by having GF’s mom who has poor/failing health but actually tries to do something about it, come visit her in the home last week while she knowingly is positive for covid and now her parents have covid and are miserably sick and they’re all pretty much fuckin done with her. Way to totally alienate your family that just wants to help you!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Have a coworker in today who literally tested positive in the office and will not go home because they want to save PTO hours. Maybe I should work from home.

I would 100% go home if I found that out lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Such a great game

I really need to get back into this, I finally coughed up for PS+ premium or whatever and have been streaming it but my internet started getting fussy and it started looking like poo poo, so I downloaded it but haven’t played it since then. It is very pretty when it was streaming nicely though!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Jin, after nearly dying twice in the opening sequence: hey maybe this honor poo poo sucks in practice against a foe who doesn't care about our rules

Jin's uncle: *shocked Pikachu face*

I was pretty annoyed the way the game forces you to *gasp* stealth kill a couple people, and then is immediately like “wow you dishonorable piece of poo poo smh”

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

That is what is weird about it, it was the lightest fall you could image, I was going like 3 mph and did not get a single bruise anywhere that hit the ice. I was skating with my 7 year old and was holding her hand, she started to fall and then my skate snagged on a gouge in the ice so I started to fall, I tried to keep her up with one hand and then fell awkwardly on my other arm where my elbow effectively punched a hole in my ribs using my (average) body weight. It did not even bother me much at the time, I kept skating another 30 minutes after until it was time to go.

Anyway, trip report after 4 hours of urgent care, x-rays, a CT scan, and likely a $2000 bill is that my course of action is the same is if I never went in, just take advil or whatever and it should get better in 6-8 weeks. I guess at least I do not need surgery, but I could have just stayed home.

Few days late but drat that sucks. Friend had pretty much the same thing happen to him though, we were horsing around on my 80cc dirt bike in the field behind his backyard one winter a few years ago. He was coming back towards us to pass it on to someone else to ride and right before he came to a stop, like barely moving, the rear tire slipped and he slowly tipped over into like a foot of fluffy snow. Landed weird on his elbow and it broke one of his ribs lol. Bodies are dumb :shrug:

Wire and BoB chat, I’ve been meaning to rewatch the wire again because it’s great, but every time I finish a BoB watch through I always get a lil sad at the end when they all go their separate ways. Much like how I feel at the end of Generation Kill which is the one true superior war series, when they all slowly go their separate ways at the end and it makes me feel :smith:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Happy Birthday SB! Wear the Turd Furgeson hat later.

GF and I started The Brothers Sun on Netflix last night and it’s extremely entertaining We’re both huge Great British Bake Off fans so the opening fight sequence had us dying

T-Square
May 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

oh my god the medical director at one of my facilities had a root canal last wednesday, fever friday, hospital saturday and dead sunday.

Just some random loving super bug from an oral procedure that killed him deader than hell.

Dentists: not even once

edit vvv lol

As someone who’s partner spent most of last year getting her front tooth she broke pulled, synthetic bone grafted to her jaw, implant post put in, and is about to finally get her crown:

:stonk:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Do you folks love or hate when video games have long cutscenes?

I love those 4 hour long nonsensical Kojima cutscene.

I’m alright with them. I grew up with a couple of friends that loved MGS and enjoyed watching them play it.

But now I kinda wanna do it myself so someone tell me what’s up with this MGS Master Collection

T-Square
May 14, 2009

lol yeah, I experience the same thing and my GF also does when hanging out with the girls of my friend group. She’s said multiple times they’ll be bitching and then all look at her and she’ll be like “Idk T-Square is the best, idk what to tell you” :smug:

Android Apocalypse posted:

When I go on my weekly hikes with fellow goon Crosshatch he will sometimes vent about his wife. I suspect I'm one of the only people he can talk to about it besides his therapist or his family members so I let it slide. I do like his wife & think the two of them are good for each other, but I also recognize some of the issues Crosshatch has with her. :shrug:

This seems like normal friend stuff, I feel like this person might be upset if you were naming and shaming them on the forums after confiding in a close friend on personal issues, you should consider editing out their username

T-Square
May 14, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I'm on the old Outlook too and I reverted to Teams Classic as well.

Yeah Teams kept bugging me to switch to NEW TEAMS so I did and then it kept closing itself every five minutes so I switched back to classic and it’s been fine ever since :jerkbag:

Also yeah, love Outlook constantly reminding me that meetings I attended three days ago are overdue, wtf?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

a neat cape posted:

The realization that I have done nothing with my life combined with the only thing I REALLY care about, my family which are moving halfway across the country and the fact that I feel like I am being left behind is all kinda starting to hit me at once

If there’s nothing you care about but them, is there anything stopping you from moving with them? Obvs picking up and moving across the country isn’t an easy or even viable thing for most people, but it could be a goal or something to look forward to and keep you on track.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

I forget how loving rich some of the people here are.

Yeah lol and I’m just sitting here like gently caress yeah finally made it to 55K :suicide:

Also I use Head and Shoulders once or twice a week or I get dandruff, but I used to use it every day and switched to Native stuff day to day because they have fun flavors

T-Square
May 14, 2009

PROS: I lent my friend my copy of BotW a few months ago and he loved it so much he went out and bought TotK and tore through it. He returned BotW to me over the weekend and sent along TotK with it.

CONS: I don’t wanna do work today all I wanna do is play more TotK this poo poo has hooked me in exactly the same way BotW did when I played it the first time and I couldn’t be happier

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Also lol we get 5 and 10MG gummies and I take half of a 5 and am zonked. The Camino brand gummies are good though, and while I don’t take them specifically to sleep, I do sleep pretty dang good if I’ve taken one at least like 2 or 3 hours before bed

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve never had a robe and finally bought one and fellas lemme tell ya

Pretty great

I have a big fluffy one that I rarely use and never use right when I get out of the shower, but it IS great for bein extra cozy on chilly Sundays!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

kiimo posted:

I remember one of the first times I went back to KC after living in LA for a couple years. I go in a bar and order a Manhattan and some chode looks at it and says "huh. There's FRUIT in your drink!"

Would have paid money to have seen someone say this to my Grandpa who’s drink of choice was a Manhattan lol

Coco13 posted:

The 7oz bottle of High Life with your Bloody means your breakfast is going to be greasy and amazing.

Love when you go to a restaurant and their sidecars are the stubby Rhinelander bottles, that’s gonna be a good breakfast

a sexual elk posted:

I…..have a drivers license

Same. BUT I have an appointment this weekend for my Passport!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Idk I filled out all the state dept forms and poo poo and it says DO NOT SIGN/COMPLETE THIS SECTION/DO THIS PART UNTIL YOU ARE WITH A STATE DEPT/USPS EMPLOYEE everywhere so

I’m sure I could also just walk in but I know which lady handles that poo poo and she’s saaasssyyyy. And USPS specifically says renewals just submit this form, new applications must make an appointment :shrug:

T-Square fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 23, 2024

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

It's really not that hard, but I appreciate the "Iowan follow directions" gene even if the directions are dumb. You could just wait in line for (I dont know Dubuque but I'm gonna guess: 11 minutes) any USPS employee, does not matter which one or how many convictions they've had: That's all it takes

I’m not sure why you’re trying so hard to dunk on this but I’ve never had a passport before so I’ll just uh defer to what the thing tells me to do instead of take an internet stranger’s directions thanks

Also I don’t live in Dubuque or even Iowa but I get it I’m not a super star LA dude

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Something like this happened with me recently. Bought a hat online, once I got the order confirmation I realized the address was my previous. I immediately emailed them and asked them to change it.

They said they couldn’t change it and also talked to UPS who also said they couldn’t change it so they’re refunding my money and I would have to reorder.

Except it still shipped to my old address which is a couple miles away. I also got all the notifications for the shipment so I knew when it delivered. Went and picked up my free hat.

This also just happened to me on an IG shop after IG prompted me to update my autofill to my current address, which I said yes to. Then I got to the order confirmation page with my last address and went gently caress

I emailed them and like two days later they said “Yeah sure no problem, see below for updated address” and it was a snip of them updating my order to some random loving address that resembles mine in zero ways shortly followed by a shipping confirmation. Emailed them again like wtf no that’s not even close to what I sent you and they were like okay sure fixed :)

Pretty sure I’m not getting it but it was like a $13 item and I paid through PayPal so I’ll just try to get them to reverse the charge later

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Mostly enjoying TotK except for getting my rear end one shot in every encounter so far because I haven’t gotten extra hearts or better armor yet

Also thinking about how you need to meet up with Sidon on top of the mountain but to get up to him you need to get some fish to fix your Zora armor to be able to swim up the waterfall and then it’s heavily implied that the only place that fish is found is on top of the same mountain you need the fish to fix your armor for to get up there anyway

T-Square
May 14, 2009

a neat cape posted:

TotK can he brutal at the beginning

For real, and I’m still very rusty on dodging and parrying.

I had one of those moments last night where I set out to do one thing and within 15 minutes I was “ooh what’s that” sidetracked for the 6th time and doing something completely different

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

IIRC Big Brother magazine (where the Jackass guys got their notoriety) originated in Portland and came from its skater scene. I learned this from former roommates that were skaters.

Most of the OG crew except for Knoxville were more or less professional or at least really good at skating. Bam was a legit pro, and Steve-O, Pontius, Dave England, Wee Man can all tear it up and I think Dunn was a BMX guy

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Nice. I respect those of you who can woodwork well.

Same. I’ve tried a couple of different projects and I’m Very Bad at it. My girlfriend’s dad is retired and built himself a nice little woodshop that he spends a lot of time in and the poo poo he creates is crazy.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hell yeah, happy for you and also for me so I can get excited about Herbie and Chargers football again

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Which sucks because I actually like him a lot

Yeah I feel bad about it because he seems like a cool dude but I just straight up didn’t even try S2 of Altered Carbon because he’s just so meh to me as an actor

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Weekend plans:

Tonight we're watching my nieces so my sister and her wife can go out
Tomorrow is gonna be a bunch of Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and then board games with our board game crew
Sunday is gonna be cycling a metric century and football and work and more Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Gonna own, my dudes.

Post the Artisinal Board Games

I think I can put together a 5P board game group (GF and some of her D&D nerd friends) and I think I wanna get Moonrakers because it looks like a fun space game with player interaction, but it’s a Kickstarter game that I haven’t heard talked about out over in TG

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

Moonrakers is fantastic, one of our group's favorite faster games. Way it works is on each player's turn, they have to pick a contract that has a bunch of card requirements and rewards points, money and sometimes cards. But are mostly too difficult to do solo, so you need to find people to help you for a cut of the profits. You then turn around and buy better cards / ship parts with your profits, and it's a race to 10 points. Great, great game. There's also a couple expansions that do things like give you an extra benefit for teaming up with people and a very degenerate expansion that introduces way more upgraded cards as well as new mission types. I love that last one, but it lets the game get very silly towards the end as you can like burn through 30 cards by yourself no problem soloing the hardest contracts, which does help the "no one will help the dude who needs 2 points to win" drag the game can have. Fully recommend the base game to start, it's pretty great right out of the box

Hell yeah, thanks for the response! I did see the Titan edition with all of the expansions but that bad boy is like $200 so I’m probably just gonna pick up the base game cuz it’ll probably only get played once anyway :v:

MrLogan posted:

What is the group dynamic? Is it folks who want competitive, well balanced games or more of a let's get together and play lighter stuff?

For five people, I still think Puerto Rico holds up as a classic. Wingspan is also good. Those games are going to appeal to two very different groups, however.

Moving from four to five really cuts down on the choices, unfortunately.

My plan was actually to just take them all to the brick and mortar game store and let them all run around and try to come to a consensus on what they’d like to play. They’re all pretty nerdy folks involved in a year+ long D&D campaign so I’m hopeful that they’ll like some heavier stuff.

And yeah I know lol. I can’t really get a good dynamic of 3 or 4 together really, and either end up with coop games for just my partner and I, or 6+ which ends up being party games which I’m not super into so I’m happy to try to work with 5.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I think CMC deserves a ring but that’s about it.

I will not be watching either way because booorrrinnnggg

T-Square
May 14, 2009

You know, I’ve played StarCraft and Diablo plenty (poorly) back in my day but I’ve never played WarCraft.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Shrimpy posted:

I'm not big on The Witcher (just not my genre), but I appreciate Henry Cavill's dedication to taking on roles where he's "just having fun out there".

I couldn’t give less of a poo poo about Superman but I watched Man of Steel and Supes v Bats because of Henry and enjoyed them enough

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I went to this one lady after Covid for a while but she wouldn’t ever fuckin do this one thing I asked her to do because it would grow out weird in a certain spot after like a week. “It’ll look weird if I do that” okay well it already looks weird and it’s hair it’ll grow back just try it please, but still she wouldn’t

So I got a rec from the butch lesbian that does my GFs tattoos and who I used to go to high school with and I’m much much happier with my hair

Stupid hair is still a pain in the rear end to style and keep that way every morning tho

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

We're lightweights as like we'll split half a 50mg can that a brewery nearby does and that knocks us out

100mg scares me

Yeah I split my 5MG gummies in half and I’m good for the night, even splitting half a 50 can would fuckin destroy me lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Freaquency posted:

If you buy one of these we will mock you relentlessly for it. They’re a sure fire way to pick out tourists and useless, to boot!

Lol these are all over pharmacy checkouts here in Milwaukee with its whopping 600’ of altitude and I can’t help but wonder why

Also can’t help but wanna buy one of the small lil cans and pretend I’m an NFL RB huffing oxygen after an 80 yard run :shobon:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Holy poo poo I forgot about Vonn Dutch lol

Now where’s my Billabong billed knit beanie?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I switched to the “New” Teams a couple of months ago and it immediately started closing itself every 5 minutes so I switched back to the old one and haven’t looked back.

And there were also a few posts in the group team chats asking if anyone’s new Teams kept closing itself lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

There was a park by me that had a great sledding hill when I was a kid.

Though right at the bottom it turned into gravel with a wall with a ~4 foot drop right past it, that if it was icy at all you could easily skid into.

Safety is for the weak.

The one we went to had a big hump in the middle, kind of like those giant plastic slides at the fair you go down on a burlap sack, and just about anyone that tried to go down that hill sitting upright in your standard inflatable donut tube would very quickly compress at the dip launch off the bump and be completely upside down and land directly on their fuckin head lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Does he have an email address publicly tied to his SA profile? Could also just PM him and see if he gets an email about it.

Real talk I got a stomach bug from my kid's daycare last week which ended with me hunched over a toilet, and I definitely thought about Ehud to give me strength in the moment I threw up anyway :(

Speaking of, has anyone had a stomach reaction to a covid booster? We got ours a week ago Friday and my stomach has been fucky ever since. Thankfully no vomiting or butt squirts, and when I went to the ER on Sunday the doctor ran blood and urine and said it was probably just gastritis. I think it’s finally starting to get better but this has been really annoying and unpleasant