Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Happy 2024 you dummies

Got two massages in the past two days and the masseuse (same both times) said I should be getting one every month, so I guess one of my resolutions for the year will be to stretch more (and hopefully get a couple more massages)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thank you for the reminders to finish live-action One Piece, got that and the upcoming Shogun miniseries to hit early this year.

MrLogan posted:

33 is the average age (assuming you have a college degree) to have a kid as a male nowadays.

Our generation had to put off having kids more than boomers for the obvious reasons.

Checks out, I had my first just before my 34th birthday and I can't imagine having the means to have done it much sooner.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Tulalip Tulips posted:

My parents had me at 17 and then my mom had my baby sister at 38, so it's a fun age gap to explain.

I both do and don't want to be back to work today. I'm caught up since I checked all my emails last night but short weeks get weird, especially after the holidays.

A friend of mine is a self-proclaimed "oops baby" - her two sisters are 20+ years older than her. So you're not alone!

bobjr posted:

With anyone I knew under 20 who had a kid, the make or break point was how much help their parents/grandparents gave them.

Yeah, anybody who I know had a kid before like 30 had very involved family, a lot of money, or one parent who could be home all the time. Oftentimes a combination of those factors!

Manoueverable posted:

And on an ethical level I just don't know if I could bring them into a world that will almost certainly see the collapse of civilization and all the horrors it will bring within their lifetime.

I know it feels much more real because we are experiencing it daily, but there's always been some sort of ongoing crisis or negative externality that has made bringing kids into the world a questionable choice. And yet people still get up in the morning and try to make the most of life. The vast majority of people ITT were born under the very real threat of nuclear annihilation (or at least an oft-discussed threat).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Another goon success story.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Last day in Thailand/SE Asia and I am so ready to go home. A lot of fun but I remembered about a week ago why I only do this trip once every few years.

Also regarding Tomlin, 17 years without a losing season is insane even if it has gotten stale. Someone in one of the N/V threads said that the Brady-Belichek Pats broke a lot of brains regarding coaching expectations, and I'm inclined to agree. The Lions haven't even had half that many non-losing seasons since 9/11!

seiferguy posted:

Man, I'm looking at going to Houston for the CFB championship, and it's at least $850+fees for the ticket, and pretty much all direct flights to Houston from Seattle are sold out unless I buy first class so I'd probably have to fly to Austin or Dallas and drive it. Then hotel...

I have a friend who's using some settlement money from her somewhat-recent divorce to go. Queen poo poo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Missed drive chat, but the longest drive I've done "on my own" was the western Chicago burbs to Philly when my wife and I first moved here. 12 hours with only a couple of quick stops, back half was through uncharted (for us) territory in PA in pitch dark and driving rain. And with my wife driving our car by herself while I had the van, she hated that.

That really sucks and all, but I run over there every so often and I have zero memory of a gate in front of Xfinity Live. Certainly not one big enough to impale yourself!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I remember thinking that The OC was dumb when I watched the premiere back in the mid-00s, and then it was one of our COVID binges and it actually kind of cooks? Maybe that just means I'm old.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Apparently it was a shock to the rest of the cast & even David Simon too!

Yeah, in his Hot Ones interview he talks about overhearing David Simon not wanting to cast any Brits, so he faked an American accent for the audition lol. Whatever works!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
DD has been on my to-play list forever, I really need to put some time into it. Played the first few hours and had a great time but missed an important questline and dropped it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
HDBSB. You have the same bday as one of my good friends from grad school.

a sexual elk posted:

Me and my younger brother have the same Bday but 4 years apart, man that sucked growing up haha. Half the gifts every year.

Didn't realize I'd been posting with a McElroy brother all this time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Can confirm that everyone I know who rock climbs is within 2-3 years of 30.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

swickles posted:

Does anyone know like a discord or something that can help me with an excel issue? I have two spreadsheets with a shitton of UPC's in columns. I need to find ones that exist in both spread sheets, and then export the price in a different column from one spreadsheet to the other one.

There's an Excel Questions thread in SHSC but you have to dig a bit for it-
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3132163

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I can't support Vivek after what he did to Indoril Nerevar, I don't care how long it's been.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Timby posted:

Because I can't drive due to two bad legs and a broken back (edit: And loving Iowa Medicaid still won't approve a goddamn kyphoplasty for my T12 compression fracture), and going out the front door involves stairs.

The side door doesn't also involve stairs? Or is it like stairs on the outside leading up to the front door?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

I am at Kefka's tower.

I need to split into three groups.

I did not prepare for this.

Oh boy the whole endgame of FF6 is incredible, I'm excited for you. The end credits sequence is a half hour long!

I think every group has their work cut out for them a bit, just try to keep them all balanced. If you are trying to get all of Strago's Lore then I think one of them is used by a boss on one route, might be worth looking that up.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Goddess, she does Quasar in the SNES version

Oh wait I think there's an enemy in the tower that also uses Quasar, it has the flaming wizard sprite I think.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
If something bothers you about your SO and you won't bring it up with them, you're not allowed to bring it up with someone else. Especially not a random stranger.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

I have defeated Kefka

Hope you left yourself time to watch the end credits like I suggested.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah it's an all-timer sequence with the medley of every character's theme and the little vignettes. Glad you got to experience it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

I really wish Chrono Trigger had found a way to involve the entire party with Lavos the way Kefka's tower did with the entire party

If you look closely, nearly every character's ending vignette features at least one of Celes, Edgar, or Setzer, since they're the only characters that you have to get in the World of Ruin. That way, the scenes still work even if you were a loving jerk and skipped recruiting somebody. I think the only exceptions are Strago (can't recruit without Relm) and Relm (dunno what this looks like without Strago).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

JPrime posted:

nice, i picked those up a while back for the nes/snes games but need to get around to playing them again. I never beat 3 on the console itself, only on an emulator.

Weird personal trivia: my SNES copy of Final Fantasy 3 was previously owned by the current head(?) of IT for University of Michigan's athletics department. He (and his eventual wife) and my mom were co-workers in the 90s and when I was a kid he just gave me the cart one day.

I got really mad because I wanted a copy of Mega Man X lol. They're still friends with my parents and I feel a little bit of embarrassment over it whenever I see him.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Technical Q: is it "swinging" if you're not married?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah but isn't that just what an "open relationship" is?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Outlook is fine for me but Teams is the dogshit app in our company. Something goes wrong on every call.

I can no longer make Teams calls from the desktop app and our IT group told me to kick rocks until it's my turn for a new laptop (which they are rolling out to the whole org...eventually).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

lol Stephen Knight is gonna walk from his lucas film deal after extensive interference and notes from the star wars division and they've shelved the Rey movie indefinitely. Its what, 2 weeks since they announced the director?

Echo loving suuuuucks, Ashoka was pants on head dumb

Does Disney do anything right anymore.

Read this as Stephen King at first and was very curious about this Star Wars collab that I hadn't heard of. Alas.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

RG3ESPN posted:

I spent my ten bucks. So i get my stupid paragraph...

What the gently caress do you all want in this world before you die? Most of you have uhhh what 20-30 years left to die on this rock?

And before you come at me. I don't know loving know either....

Everyone here should be grateful that you made it this far in life and you're not in the loving system. ( Tulip I love your cats/ vibes)

A lot of you posters get it. Some yeah. Have a good weekend.

Also come on Trump Is def winning 2024. Just lol.

"RG3SPN" works better IMO

Also I want to run more races before I get too old and weighed down by family duties to train well. Wife and I are due to have a conversation about kid #2 sometime in next couple of months and that feels like a soft timer for me to get the fast times that I still want.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Any recs for massage guns? I have a persistant knot in my upper back and shoulder that gets pretty painfull on the regular.

Theragun is the big name brand but they're expensive. I got a Hypervolt as a gift a couple of years ago and it was nice until the battery gave out after a year and a half.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

I have never laughed harder in my life than seeing the first Jackass movie in a crowded theater. So good.

This but the Borat movie, and with my dad no less.

harperdc posted:

Snakes on a Plane in theaters was a good time

I also did this opening night with some high school buddies. Great experience at the time but I don't think I thought about that movie after leaving the parking lot that night.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

Different, but I remember in highschool me and some friends went to see a show of King Arthur which was just a godawful movie. It was a mostly empty theater and we riffed on it the entire time. People came up to us after and said we made the movie watchable.

In retropsect that movie is such a complete disaster that it's worth a watch. All the knights of the round table have their own unique fighting styles that are clearly inspired by the Final Fantasy job system. You've got a monk, a ninja, dragoon, a knight, etc. Keira Knightley is a dark elf rogue.

Madds Mikkelsen plays a loving Samurai and is introduced by the whole "draw a sword surrounded by enemies take them down 1 by 1" trope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNOTYuUhWlI&t=125s

ngl you've made this movie sound very cool, at least to the version of me that existed when it was released. No I will not be confirming whether or not it's still cool to present me.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
timg plz

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
If you've lost ten pounds by not drinking for three weeks then
1. Good on ya
2. You were either drinking way too much or I have absolutely no concept of the caloric content of alcohol

Conversely, I have beer in the house for the first time in months (needed a can for some chili I made over the weekend).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

seiferguy posted:

My weight loss was a mixture of:

1. Not drinking
2. Coming back from a trip, so I was starting with a lot of water weight that went away after a couple of days
3. Working out 5x a week for 45min - 1 hour at a time
4. Trying to watch what I eat

I've lost weight while drinking, the issue is that drinking makes me want to snack a lot.

Oh that was directed at Joey, but keep at it :hf: I also get really hungry when I drink, hence keeping beer out of the house for the most part.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

kiimo posted:

Sorry to change the subject but the trailer I (my team and I) have been working on just dropped and I'm proud of this one. The trailer and movie rule. I posted this just now in the trailer thread but want to share it here too.

If you like John Wick, Nobody, The Raid, that kind of poo poo but want a socio-economic subtext involving the caste system this poo poo is for you. Dev Patel's directorial debut and this is probably the beginning of a tentpole franchise. He's going to be a thing.

https://twitter.com/monkeymanmovie/status/1750910440761389088

Hell yeah brother.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I take a small amount of comfort in knowing that, like me, some of the most powerful people in America will never be able to retire.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

e. inflation is in fact falling and has been for months though, including on food and rent and transportation. That doesn't mean rent prices are going down, but the "inflation is out of control" line is republican party "keep saying it so people believe it" fabrication that flies in the face of the actual economic data.

this is the right thread to follow for actual economic news with no tweets allowed, and not in a politics forum. It's as close to real a data-driven information channel about the economy as I've found and more people should participate.

Almost no one besides economists cares about the data on this, if the economy feels bad to the person experiencing it then that person will say that it's bad. Not saying the data are wrong but we're firmly in the era of Feels-Based Politics, so data take a backseat to the lived experiences of voters.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I acknowledge that AOE2 is a much better game, but I'll always have a soft spot for AOE1. I was a Nintendo Kid, and that and Myst were the first two PC games that I played that really stuck in my young brain as "wow you could never do this on a console".

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
CX-5 crew checking in, my wife had a CX-3 for a few years and we got a CX-5 when we decided to scale back from two cars to one. Really good whip.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Android Apocalypse posted:

20 minutes to get a double quarter pounder meal from the drive-thru and it cost me $11.50?!? :chaostrump: is going to win the 2024 election.

OK so hosed-up drive-thru aren't just a thing where I live huh. There's a Chik-Fil-A I drive by on occasion and the drive-thru line is always wrapped around the building. Like...go somewhere else if it's that long.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had a really good barber in my old neighborhood, then I moved far enough away that getting to him was just a little annoying. Six months later he buys a house a block away from me and opens his own shop on the same street. It ruled.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Went to a Mardi Gras party today and thought of Braks and SB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Braksgirl posted:

How was the party?

I mean it was cool but wasn't entirely authentic, a couple who used be our neighbors are big afficionados of New Orleans culture so they just had people over to their house and served Cajun food. They even managed to find king cake, which my kid loved.

Silly Burrito posted:

Hope you had fun and caught many beads!

My kid tried to strangle me with two strands lol. Even knew the proper way to pull them to garrote someone, I've got a little reincarnated Agent 47 on my hands.