Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Sorry to hear about your grandma, Nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Excellent way to ring in the New Year.
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1741961080610705549?t=SciaqGI6_RyhXOr0FaLAaA&s=19

Should have guessed, but I never did.

Oh that reminds me that SB's birthday is next week. I should buy him a card.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

rear end gumbo is what you make in your pants when it's 120 degrees here in August.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

I will say that my daughter’s friend got pregnant and had a kid at 15 or 16. I understand feeling old as a parent but having a kid that young in today’s times blows my mind. I don’t know how she does it.

Honey that child got pregnant at 14. She just turned 16 and has a 1 year old. It's so stupid. And she doesn't do it, her mom does a lot. But she dropped out of school and the baby daddy 18 year old does construction and spends his time cross faded af.

I'm being judgmental, but gently caress if I'm raising a grandchild at 45. gently caress offff.

I was a trap baby myself when my mom was 18 and my dad was 26. It didn't work out because my parents got divorced when I was 14.

Across the mom group I was always 5-10 years older than other moms with kids the same age as ours. We brought our oldest home from the hospital on my 28th birthday.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 2, 2024

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I turn 40 this year. One of the conditions if I'm going to marry my otherwise perfect gf is that we have to get her pregnant within the next three years. I had intended on being dink, but motherhood is a dream of hers.

I am not looking forward to the work, but she is incredible in every way I can think. The struggle is indeed real.

I say this with love and not that you'll necessarily do this, but if you're going to go into parenthood resentful because it was her dream and not yours, then cut her loose now. Parenthood loving sucks like 85% of the time so if you're not all in and prepared to be a useful and equitable partner, then don't do it.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Our super picky teenager went out with friends today and tried a Korean corn dog. Is she becoming an adult now? I'm astonished.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Pelican in a Box update: it is not a pelican. It's a woodcock. (lol your mom likes woodcocks) Coworker's mom who works for Environmental Quality came and picked it up. Also, I work with some really dumb people because wtf how does this remotely look like a pelican jfc.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

They said it was a "baby pelican." Mmmmmmkay.

Also the pelican is on our state flag. There's a big rear end state seal in our board room right outside the door where the bird was. I mean.

You have to pass this to get to the bird. Lawd help us.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 5, 2024

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Y'all please wish Silly Burrito a happy birthday today!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

fartknocker posted:

Happy birthday, SB! I will continue to assume that since you share the same birthday as my grandmother, you are also turning 97 today.

After the whirlwind weekend we had at Disneyland, I'm sure he feels 97 today.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

swickles posted:

Happy Birthday SB, may the year bring you pelicans instead of woodcocks.

This legitimately made me laugh.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

It floors me that everyone is shocked a 72 year old man is retiring from a job. Like, he didn't work a menial office job where he can't afford to retire. How is this shocking?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

kiimo posted:

but 'ave yall considered ROLLL TIDE???

I have considered the option but must disrespectfully decline as it is very stupid. Hard pass.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Going back a bit, I went to high school with Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys. He was a year or two ahead of me but my bestie had a ginormous crush on him so we prank called his house once.

I just had to correct someone's kid in Costco. They were SLAMMED and we were waiting at the snack bar and the kid who was like 13 or so hollers at the workers "Can we be next please?" He did it once and I let it go but when he did it the second time I was like "I'm not your mom, but that's rude, bruh. You'll be next when it's your turn." He just blank stared me but his older brother was like "Yeah! You're rude." So just know, if your kid is being an rear end and you're not around or willing to correct them, I will. It's a free service I offer. You're welcome.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Why you gotta doxx Braksgirl & Silly Burrito like that?!?

Pfft, I'm way cuter than her and my laugh is only half as annoying.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

wandler20 posted:

Since we're posting food we made, here's the gumbo I made today, which I already shared pics with my Cajun friends in the NFCS thread.

It turned out great!

That's a good looking soup. It's awful orange to be gumbo though....

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

a sexual elk posted:

Random topic but I’m buzzed. Few months ago decided to grow my hair out after about a decade of high fades and just using clippers (#2) during the lockdown…the clippers finally breaking helped make the decision for me.

https://imgur.com/a/kqthMyX

Was pretty normal for like 15 years

Forgot my poo poo gets curly

https://imgur.com/a/k7AcE0p

E: side note I haven’t washed my hair with shampoo/conditioner in prolly a decade. Every time I did even with like Head and Shoulders I’d get bad dandruff. Occasional soap every now and then.

Head and Shoulders is extremely drying so you gave yourself dry scalp by using it when you don't have dandruff. Most people who think they have dandruff just have dry scalp anyway and if they would just use a moisturizing shampoo and a separate moisturizing conditioner it would solve the problem. Head and Shoulders just makes the problem worse. A sulfate free shampoo also helps. Clarifying shampoos also strip hair of moisture so those should be avoided as well.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I spent most of my childhood using head and shoulders and had the worst dandruff. Switching to better shampoo and conditioner mostly cleared all that up. It’s kind of amazing how bad head and shoulders is.

Head and Shoulders isn't bad if you actually HAVE dandruff. But dandruff is more like cradle cap, it's oily and sticky so you need something to dry it out. If you just have flakes what you actually have is dry skin on your scalp which a drying shampoo is going to make worse.

You only need clarifying shampoo if you use lots of hair products like mousse or gel or pomade, stuff that's going to give you build up that you need to remove.

I have oily hair but I use the Hairitage products at Walmart. They have moisturizing products as well. I pay $11 each for my bottles of shampoo and conditioner but it's worth it for good hair.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Air Skwirl posted:

I genuinely thought those were mostly used as "marital aids"

Tell me you're single without telling me you're single.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I didn't have to do a second interview to renew my precheck and I renewed mine in 2021. I just paid online and that was it. Global Entry may be a different story though, I don't have that.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Perhaps you can tell me what this is used for.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

You're my kind of petty, QuietFeet. Respect.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

My wife keeps rescheduling :(

Hey I know what that's like. I was trying to schedule some for last night but instead SB had to bring me to the ER because my insides tried to murder me. Really put the brakes on things.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

How was the party?

We will probably go to a parade next weekend but then the week after that we're taking our kids to Universal Orlando where they also have "Mardi Gras." I feel like one of these parades will be good.

Also, I am fine. I had a very painful bout of gastritis and I truly thought that was it for me and I was gonna go to the big theme park in the sky, y'all. It was awful. Between this and my gallbladder attacks, I think I'm going to have to stop mounjaro. It doesn't like me.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 4, 2024

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I try to never have my phone make any noise whatsoever. SB and his sister are the only adults I know under 60 who have their phones making sounds. God I hate sounds.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Alaois posted:

Do you people keep your phones shoved up your rear end at all times, who the gently caress ever just notices vibration without sound

Vibration makes a sound. Plus, I have an Apple Watch so it vibrates on my arm when I get a notification.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I love my Apple Watch a whole lot. Mine is a Series 3 and she's showing her age so I will need to upgrade at some point. But I love having my texts and poo poo right at my wrist if it's not convenient to have my phone out. I love that I can use it to pay for things places and it can get me into a Disney park. It's probably the most useful piece of tech I own besides my actual phone.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

kiimo posted:

do squats on a half bosu ball and your legs will turn again.

You just reminded me they had me do this when I did pt a couple years ago. I hated it so much. It was torture. I should probably do it again.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

As a shock to no one, I have a very specific dishwasher loading method that includes grouping items together in specific zones, including sorting silverware and utensils. No one else loads it like me, and while I very much dislike it, I don't dislike it enough to always be the one who does the dishes. I am coping the best I can. Thoughts and prayers through this difficult time, please.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

The other day my teenage daughter put my nonstick pans and my good knives in the dishwasher and I had to breathe through the anger because I know she didn't know not to do that.

I am serious about my knives and cookware.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Intruder posted:

Aren't teflon pans generally machine washable? I don't because they're easy to hand clean and I'd rather stick a larger number of smaller dishes in the dishwasher instead but I thought they were dishwasher safe

No, they're not. The high heat is bad for them and I have found that the pans don't last as long if you machine wash them.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Made it to Cabo. I forgot what it was like to be warm

Cabo is beautiful but be careful if you swim in the ocean. A lot of spots aren't safe for swimming due to the powerful undertow.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Re: book chat. I pretty much only read smut but I do have some high quality recommendations if you're interested.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Leperflesh posted:

Jorts are just how you salvage worn out jeans, like, that's always been and will always be a thing

but also just wear what you want, fashion is a stupid obession that convinces people to dispose of billions of articles of still good clothing, a massive environmental disaster especially since most clothes are made of microplastic fibers now and also who cares what people think about how you look

unless you're single and trying to attract someone, or you're going to a job interview, in which case yes by all means conform, you idiot, how you dress sends signals about what kind of person you are and your future depends on those moments, for gently caress's sake

Catching up because I haven't been here in a week.

Actually, everyone cares about how you (general you) look, even you whether you want to admit it or not. Wearing flattering clothing is important. My coworker is about to get her rear end fired because she rolls up to work in poo poo that doesn't fit her and makes her look like a child in her mom's cast off clothing. Technically, she's complying with the dress code but she looks sloppy and unkempt and it is 100% affecting how she's treated at work. One day she came in in a pair of pants about 4" too long and she clipped the ends up with binder clips because in her mind that solved the problem. She's about 5' tall so all pants are going to be long. She will just order stuff on Amazon and if she can get it on her body she wears it, no matter if it fits well or not. I'm a plus size 5'3" round girl so I understand the struggle to find clothes that fit and if I can do it she can too.

My point is that dressing yourself is a life skill, not just vanity. How you present yourself through clothing and hygiene is extremely important. My coworker thinks fashion is for airheads and she's an intellectual but that's just an excuse.

I agree fast fashion is a problem but if that's your hang up then invest in good poo poo and have it tailored. Dressing well is not just for dates and job interviews and it's a skill you have to keep sharp because if you only use it some of the time you lose it.

I'm dressing up this Friday for a girls night at a speakeasy and I plan to look fine as gently caress. "Who cares what you wear" is for people who've never found an outfit that makes them feel amazing. That makes me sad.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 18, 2024

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

There are other things happening but it's a factor. Hygiene is an issue as well. They don't necessarily have a "make sure your pants hems don't drag the ground clause" yet but there may be one in the future. It's not my call to make.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Of all the things to paint, why Tom & Jerry? Who has thought about them in 30 years?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Last night, my work bestie and I went to the Asian Supermarket, ate tacos, and played bingo at a bingo hall. My conversion into cranky old lady is complete.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Well, what did you get at the Asian grocery store?

Talking about Filipino food yesterday at work has me hankering to make Filipino spaghetti.

A variety of ramen, mostly Buldak flavors the other grocery stores don't carry. I can't find the carbonara flavor in the pink pack any of the places where I usually buy the black packs and I wanted to try it. I also got a bowl of bulgogi udon I'm excited to try. I was also out of sesame seeds so I got those. My friend found a line of hot sauces her husband likes that they normally pay out the nose for. The Asian market had them for .99 each.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Yeah it sucks. This market is in the city where I work which is about 45 min away. We live in...not the city. There ain't nothing out here but gators and meth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Mine and SB's first date was to White Castle so no judgement.