Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

Also because I know all you degens want to know:

Congrats Lee on being the 2023 Chat Thread king

Top 10 baby woo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m so hung over. One more day of drinking then I’m going cold turkey for a month.

I’m sure this will go on with zero problems

Happy new years friends

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wrong thread but 😍

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 1, 2024

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m watching the second season of Reacher and it’s corny as hell. The first season was pretty good too.

The whole “you don’t mess with the special investigators” thing makes it feel like a 10 year old is talking about how badass his friends treehouse club is

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Between here ans the GWS thread, Paprika seems to be the go to. I already added my spice and condiments to the app, so no more collecting bottles of Worchestershire sauce for me. This week will add the fridge and deep freeze.

Speaking of deep freeze, we got one last week and it’s great. Bought a ton of meat from Costco and filled it up - mostly to be used to make food for the dogs but it’s also freed up a lot of space in our regular freezer.

If you have space to get one, do it, it’s worth it. We found a 7 cu. ft one at Best Buy for like $170 on sale.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

StupidSexyMothman posted:

please measure at least twice regarding "if you have space"
signed, this dipshit, who has a refrigerator stuck halfway down his basement stairs bc it's too heavy to drag back out and too big to get further down

Oof that sucks. We have a huge crawl space that stays pretty constant temp regardless of how cold or hot it gets so we knew we had room.

It was also a chest freezer so.

So like…is the fridge literally stuck still? Please take pics.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think I have the flu. Yesterday I didn’t leave the bathroom much and today my entire body aches. No fever. I’m probably dying RIP me

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Never watched Get Out for some reason but am now and all I can say is

what the gently caress

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I saw Nope and liked it but missed Us. I’ll watch that next

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God drat the end of Ghost of Tsushima hits like a truck

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok I watched Us and all I can say is

what the fuuuuuuck

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

T-Square posted:

I really need to get back into this, I finally coughed up for PS+ premium or whatever and have been streaming it but my internet started getting fussy and it started looking like poo poo, so I downloaded it but haven’t played it since then. It is very pretty when it was streaming nicely though!

It’s such a gorgeous game. There’s also the DLC that I never played the first time around. I played the main game when it first came out and promptly forgot everything that happened I guess because I didn’t remember a lot of it this time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

Same, my brother was playing it and I was like i do not remember this opening. Once it got to the bridge its oh yeah forget our MC decided to charge in like a dumbass and nearly died.

Buh buh buh that’s the honorable way

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I found a costume variant in GoT DLC that makes your outfit look like Aloy from HZD. Took me a sec to figure it out

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

I like how you can make the shittiest Haiku’s

The only one I even tried on was the very last one. All the rest I just picked whatever to get the headband and move on. And yeah they never made any sense

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

You first

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Yes hello my name is Jin a very serious Samurai have you seen any Mongols today why are you laughing this is serious business

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lmfao perfect

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m sorry but who looked at that and thought “yep totally a pelican”

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Warren Buffett owns BNSF. Not sure he's trying to make them good though.

Coming from someone in logistics that has to deal with BNSF regularly….he is not

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
wtf we’re about to watch Glass Onion on Netflix and the little preview thing spoils part of the reveal at the end.

Are those randomly generated or manually done because either way that’s dumb as hell.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

Oof. You should still watch it, but eesh.

Freaquency posted:

What did it spoil specifically? Was it the thing where a bit of the movie will play or the trailer?

I’d already seen it but my gf hadn’t and we’d just watched Knives Out. It was the random scene that plays as you hover over the movie title. I changed it quick so she didn’t see but it’s the scene where Janelle Monet’s character reveals she’s not dead/is the sister as she’s walking down the stairs. like wtf

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

3 DONG HORSE posted:

We watched The Menu the other night at my friend's house and then ate cheeseburgers and s'mores for dinner. we relished it.

If you’re ever in Atlanta or Nashville, The Optimist has the same one. I can’t remember if it’s the owner or head chef or whoever but they supposedly did the food design for The Menu.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

That was such a good looking burger.

It’s loving amazing

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Smh knew we should have built that northern border wall faster

Congrats man!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Does anyone know like a discord or something that can help me with an excel issue? I have two spreadsheets with a shitton of UPC's in columns. I need to find ones that exist in both spread sheets, and then export the price in a different column from one spreadsheet to the other one.

Idk if you’re on Reddit but r/excel has helped me a ton

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m so completely exhausted and frustrated with the fact that I’m STILL dealing with that accident from back in October.

She shop that progressive told me to use used aftermarket parts that didn’t fit and looked like poo poo, so I made them use OEM parts, they did and it looked great. I finally get my car back and there’s still something wrong with it. The steering is loose and it feels like one of the wheels is out of balance.

My right wheel was hit so they tell me they fixed that side but didn’t look at the left side. I ask them if they can because something is definitely wrong. They tell me no, they don’t see how anything could be wrong on the left side because I was hit on my right.

I refuse to believe that “nothing” could be wrong when I was hit on my right wheel causing the steering and all to whip back over to the left. They tell me it’s not their problem but if I want to take it somewhere else that can prove it was a problem from the accident, then they’ll talk about it but as of now they don’t think anything is wrong. They even accused me of hitting a pothole or curb and causing the problem. I 1000% know it wasn’t that because I barely drive it and immediately took it back to them as soon as I noticed it. There was maybe 20 miles on the car from when I picked it up to when I took it back.

They won’t even have the shop that worked on the car look at the left side of the steering and the left wheel.

I’m trying to escalate within Progressive corporate but I’m waiting on someone to call me back. I hate insurance companies so god drat much.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Weird way to respond to that but that’s terrible

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

My housemate went on a road trip for a couple days & took his dog Fritha with him. He came back yesterday & had to go to work this morning. I wake up to find Fritha panic pooped & peed in the living room carpet, despite being let out earlier this morning before my housemate went to work.

Home Depot should be open now so I can go rent a carpet cleaner.

This also got me thinking that this may be the year I replace the 20 year-old carpet in this house with hardwood floors…

With the way prices on them are now, you can buy an upright carpet cleaner that does just as well for near the same price as a rental.

Even if it’s a little more expensive, if you think you’ll use it a couple more times it’ll have paid for itself. I bought one a couple years ago and use it fairly frequently and love it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Are you talking about something like this? My mom asked for this for Christmas and I'm curious how well it works for pets (since you have dogs IIRC).

Yeah pretty much, I got an earlier version of this guy but they look pretty similar

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

This is how well it did the first time I used it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah to be clear it’s not also a vacuum, just a carpet cleaner

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Qwijib0 posted:

carpet, not even once.

we do area rugs with flor tiles which makes cleanups of messes easy, take the tile(s) outside, hose em off or scrub as necessary, let dry, put back in place.

Agree, I hate carpet so much. I’m renting or I’d rip the only carpet that’s in the bedrooms up. There’s beautiful hardwood all through the house and I suspect more of the same hiding under the carpets

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m going to the beach tomorrow suck it nerds

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve signed up for pre-check/global entry like two years ago but I’ve never been able to schedule an interview. There was a month where I was looking literally every day and nothing. So I gave up. I still look every once in a while but it’s probably gonna lapse sooner or later and I’ll have to start over.

The only opportunity I’ve had to do it is coming back from an international flight and they’ll let you wait in line to do it but it’s always like a 4-5 hour wait and gently caress that after a long trip.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Double check this again because I was able to go to a Staples and get the in-person Precheck sign up stuff taken care of.

seiferguy posted:

The place I did my "interview" (all they did was take my payment and take my fingerprints) had appointments all day available and did walk ins as well. Just find a place and walk in after you do the part online.

This is for Global Entry too. Per TSA I have to do the interview at an airport.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It’s gonna get up to 73 today here

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I hope you have a nice day outside today.

Stay safe. Cold weather is one thing but that suuuuucks.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

Going back a bit, I went to high school with Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys. He was a year or two ahead of me but my bestie had a ginormous crush on him so we prank called his house once.

I just had to correct someone's kid in Costco. They were SLAMMED and we were waiting at the snack bar and the kid who was like 13 or so hollers at the workers "Can we be next please?" He did it once and I let it go but when he did it the second time I was like "I'm not your mom, but that's rude, bruh. You'll be next when it's your turn." He just blank stared me but his older brother was like "Yeah! You're rude." So just know, if your kid is being an rear end and you're not around or willing to correct them, I will. It's a free service I offer. You're welcome.

I don’t have kids but can you come with me the next time I go to Costco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

I’m about halfway through my first playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077 and I think it’s pretty good.

That’s because it is!