Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Happy New Year, TFF chat peeps! I went to my cousins' house and we watched LOTR: The Two Towers (extended edition of course), and timed it for Theoden to say "So it begins" at midnight - we ended up being one second early, I'll take it.

Gonna have some fairly major news a week from today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My brother was born 2 days after my mom turned 18.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Nervous posted:

Look at this precious baby that loves to be held

:3:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Offer him Luke Getsy

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Warren Buffett owns BNSF. Not sure he's trying to make them good though.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Same

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Gonna have some fairly major news a week from today.

I finally put a ring on it!

I'm just in it for the passport ;)

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 9, 2024

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bird in a Blender posted:

But didn’t you just move back to Canada? Congrats either way though.

:ninja:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

LOL I thought about that or the SA grenade logo, then I remembered I've posted in the selfie threads. The real photo underneath might as well be a mugshot.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

:lol: thanks 😂

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2CZGOsMqTs

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

HBD Air Skwirl! Tell your cousin that January 8th is also David Bowie's birthday.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Spent my birthday yesterday renewing my IL driver's license, and packing up things from my storage unit to take back with me to Canada today.

This is what I'm coming back to:

🥶

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm awaiting delivery+assembly of my new bed. Should I consider tipping the delivery team? It's currently -27°F (RealFeel -38°F) in Calgary. In Celsius that's -33/-39.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Haven't knowingly met or gone to school with any murderers, but off the top of my head:

- a girl from my first elementary school was a morning show host on Toronto TV. She and her brother now have a morning radio show
- two guys from my high school have won the Stanley Cup (the hockey trophy, not the beverage tumbler), one was in my graduating class and the other in the next class
- another guy from my graduating class has won a Juno (Canadian Grammy) and was nominated for 4 other Junos
- well after my time, first runner-up in the first season of Canadian Idol was a student at my high school

And from my college, also after my time, a then (now ex-) girlfriend of Michael Phelps, and White House press assistant under Trump.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

C-Euro posted:

Oh boy the whole endgame of FF6 is incredible, I'm excited for you. The end credits sequence is a half hour long!

I think every group has their work cut out for them a bit, just try to keep them all balanced. If you are trying to get all of Strago's Lore then I think one of them is used by a boss on one route, might be worth looking that up.

Goddess, she does Quasar in the SNES version

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Air Skwirl, pls check your Discord since you don't have PMs. Need your help/advice with something mail-related.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm on the old Outlook too and I reverted to Teams Classic as well.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

:canada: our cold snap is finally breaking:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Any recs for massage guns? I have a persistant knot in my upper back and shoulder that gets pretty painfull on the regular.

I'd love suggestions too, for now I have this that a friend gave me: https://a.co/d/g4C1bGC

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

CannonFodder posted:

How would you use one of those for a knot on your back? I can't reach back there.

A friend of mine has one where the "chuck" can be angled downward or upward, which increases the reach.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm calling bullshit on this. Highschool kids pulling a MST3k on a lovely movie never makes it better. This was a loving gag in the CineD subforum like 5 years ago.

But I'm telling you, it was an MST3K riff-fest!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bird in a Blender posted:

I just renewed my passport and they sent my old one back to me. Can I just toss this in the garbage? I actually wasn't expecting it back and I don't know what I should do with an expired passport.

Yeah, you can keep it as a souvenir or just run it through a shredder.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Freaquency posted:

Are we talking a big fluffy thing or a robe for the sophisticated gentleman that also needs to keep a beer cold on the go?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ether Frenzy posted:

They did not. The piper playing my wife into the venue is about all I remember from that evening, couldn't tell you what the tunes he played were. But neither of the Dickinson boys have ever struck me as self-involved. Side note, Bruce is also a fully certified airline pilot and flies a regular route for Virgin Atlantic in their few remaining 747's.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I played at the wedding of two friends a few years ago and they requested heavy metal. I played excerpts of Iron Maiden's 'Fear of the Dark', the Scorpions' 'Wild Child', and AC/DC's 'Thunderstruck'.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Silly Burrito posted:

Nice. I respect those of you who can woodwork well.

(yes, directed at BiaB)

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Breetai posted:

Thanks again for the advice, everyone who responded, got the new tv delivered finally, mounted, and spent 2 afternoons hooking everything up.

How it started:

How it's going:

LG C3 85 inch, taking up pretty much zero space instead of reducing the room size by a meter due to the old TV's cabinet. Built in PVR means that we can chuck our old massive unit and instead we just have a hard drive mounted in the small cab under the tv. DVD is in there too, fed by HDMI cables via the wall, and computer is hooked up for gaming.

Excellent tv so far, frankly better picture quality than any I've seen and I'm noticing details that weren't even clear in theatres.

Also definitely bright enough ever for a well lit room. Even just the 4k demo video from YouTube we looked at just after mounting just popped out of the screen.

Stuff not recorded in digital or stuff that's low res and not a divisor of 2160 looks blurry as expected, but all in all I can't complain.

10/10, would definitely recommend.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ether Frenzy posted:

Also for the Spam enthusiasts, I find it hard to beat two thick slices of fried (or steamed Spams) covered with pork & beans on two pieces of nice cheap white bread.

Your steamed Spams are obviously grilled.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Like sands in the litterbox, go the days of our lives

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Shadow is the human's name! The dog's name is Interceptor!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

When I moved to Canada, I ported my US number from Google Fi to Google Voice. The spam filtering is waaay better.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hot Diggity! posted:

I do not own a car and it rocks

Same, sold mine to my sister for $1 before I moved. Love how much more walking I get in my new city.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

"I'd like a haircut I can set my watch to, please."

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

a neat cape posted:

I have long hair and it's awful

You should track down the coach that gave Herbie his haircut.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I've been all vibe for several years now, but I think my first custom ringtone was an excerpt from Born Slippy (Underworld), later I switched it to an excerpt of Call On Me (Eric Prydz). I use the Land Of Chocolate music from The Simpsons as my alarm, and set that as my ringtone on my brother's phone.

My sister was using the door chime from ST:TNG as her text notification, but switched it to something else recently.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Well yikes, last time I went skiing was 9 years ago at Wilmot. Now I'm going skiing next weekend in Banff, better stick to the green dots.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Air Skwirl posted:

Don't go skiing, that's how we lost Sonny Bono

I'm seriously considering a helmet. But I live ~90 minutes from Banff proper, I can't pass it up!

Fifty Three posted:

Hell yeah, remember to stretch before and after. Which Banff resort? I've only skied Lake Louise up there but I loved it, downtown Banff is great too.

Thinking Norquay as it's the most affordable and has night skiing. But Costco has discounted lift tickets! My membership lapsed years ago, but people sell unused ones on FB marketplace.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Anyone know if those battery-powered heated vests are worthwhile? I'm thinking of getting one for my skiing trip next weekend. I'd be wearing it over my jacket so I'd go one size up, would I get too hot?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

wandler20 posted:

Why would you wear it over your jacket tho? I go under to keep the warmth in.

Only because the L isn't available, so I'd have to go with XL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

kiimo posted:

Yo if you can't find it in your size there are SO MANY places to buy ski gear at cheap prices. Get your size

https://www.steepandcheap.com/
https://www.the-house.com/
https://www.backcountry.com/

:canada: