Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Sometimes you just gotta post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Half the time I post in this thread I mention some dumb tangential thing that nobody engages with and that’s perfectly fine. Not every post is meant to start a discussion or get quoted a ton.

Too late I’m quoting it

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I think I might get a cat this year.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I also got a drone at Christmas, gonna try and take it to a park or something when the weather warms up a bit.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

BlindSite posted:

35 with no kids and no prospects but after seeing my brother become a father and seeing my niece grow from needy potato to whole person with her own personality and quirks but still having the mannerisms of my maternal grandfather and little expressions that are just like my brother has been kind of incredible and it makes me wish I'd been better about relationships in my 20s and early 30s. I hate my job and I hate my career prospects so I don't really have anything to sacrifice for. I have cool poo poo and do cool poo poo with my spare time but there's not much point in all the cool stuff when you're not sharing it with someone and the motivation in me is waning pretty badly to keep it up.

Is what it is. Kids and a wife and a life would be pretty cool. If it happens it happens, if not, thems the breaks. Can't force this poo poo into the universe.

Are you me

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I took the rest of the week off work because my sister is a dummy who moved across the country with her boyfriend and doesn’t have a job or driver’s license and she and the bf broke up and now she has to move back in with our parents. Excited to spend the next few days doing nothing but driving and moving stuff out of a third floor walkup.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Blowjob Overtime posted:

A few years ago my brother moved in with my parents in MN as a separation from his husband in Louisville. He left a bunch of stuff in KY, so when he decided to split we had to make a trip to get it. He has a bad back, so it was just my dad and me. We drove 10 hours, stayed overnight, got a moving truck, then went to their house expecting to throw poo poo in the truck and leave. NOTHING was packed, so we spent about six hours boxing poo poo up with his soon-to-be ex. Since we had acquired another vehicle, we drove back in separate cars starting the 10 hour drive back around 5PM. I had my dad's car with two cats in the back who wailed on and off the entire trip. We did this after our family celebrated early Chrismas, so we got back into town at 3AM on actual Christmas, after which I had another hour back to my house.

I know my brother is grateful for it, but it really was an awful experience all around. Hopefully your sister appreciates it.

She’s supposedly packing stuff right now but the experience you described is pretty much exactly what I’m expecting.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Driving from Norman, OK to Miami to see my team lose to Tim Tebow was a hell of a trip.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Hbd sb

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I made some tasty soup last night and put some in a container to bring to work so I wouldn’t have to go out for lunch in the 3 degree wind chill but I forgot this morning and left it in the fridge :negative:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

General Dog posted:

I'm going to give myself an extremely negative self-review at work this year, just to see if anybody's actually reading it.

In my experience, the manager will pretty much just copy/paste your self review into the system as their own review so I would advise against this.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

What I want most is to read more RG3 posts

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve never had a robe and finally bought one and fellas lemme tell ya

Pretty great

Where’d you get it? I’ve been thinking of getting one myself but every time I see one in a store they seem way pricier than I’d expect.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I only drink 30 year aged scotch while smoking a Cuban cigar and wearing a three piece suit because I’m a Real Man and not a pineapple drinking dandy :smug:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just one off of Amazon with the most ridiculous model posing with it:

https://a.co/d/0NYDp9y

It’s super warm and soft and has a hoodie so I’m happy

Oh hey that’s exactly my body type, gonna pick one up

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

My AP World History class ended at Franz Ferdinand. The AP test was… an adventure.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I need to get back into Victoria 3

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I’m not voting for Biden but I live in Oklahoma so it doesn’t make a lick of difference.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

trevorreznik posted:

Here, use this list instead (replace Winter Soldier with Edge of Tomorrow, but otherwise you can pretty much go top down)
https://filmschoolrejects.com/best-action-movies-decade/5/

I just rewatched Edge of Tomorrow last night. Still rules.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

a sexual elk posted:

My wife had no idea Bruce Willis was dead until we watched Sixth Sense early in our relationship (2015ish) No idea how she missed all those references in other stuff for years

The first half of this scared me

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I can’t imagine being a Watch Guy. More power to you if you are, but man is that not a hobby I could ever have.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I’ve been going through Rick Perlstein’s series on the rise of conservatism in America. Grim, but fascinating.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Canned Sunshine posted:

The SCOTUS loves originalism; let’s only allow guns if they’re the type used when the 2nd Amendment was written.

For home defense, your best option really is a blunderbuss

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

This is what Mount and Blade should have been

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Just posting to get to the next page

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

64 and sunny here, just played pickleball and had a nice walk around the neighborhood.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

GD_American posted:

22 years last Friday and ours was a Carrot Top concert.

:stare:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I got called to jury duty once. I brought a Howard Zinn book and told them I was an ACLU member and they sent me home early.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Ah gently caress, he was just on a recent Curb episode arguing with Larry about who would die first

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

Did Harrison have enough time to commit one?

He was before he ever became president

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

This guy owns. A March Madness Guy in the tradition of Matt Stainbrook and Kevin Pittsnogle.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

bobjr posted:

Neil Degrass Tyson I haven’t paid much attention too since people started making fun of his tweets talking about how fantasy shows and stuff wouldn’t happen in real life.

In addition to that annoying habit, he’s also a sex pest.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Yeah I showed up to vote for one of the joke candidates since there was no Uncommitted option here. Idk why I bothered, just felt like I should.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I believe you will find that the top selling book is the Bible, by God

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

DS9 = TNG > BSG > TOS > Voyager >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enterprise (only a season and a half into this one)

If we wanna count Star Wars stuff, throw Andor up there with DS9 and throw the rest in the garbage

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Intruder posted:

This is blasphemy against Mando

Mando S1&2 are good but 3 is pretty weak

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I gotta watch The Expanse one of these days

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I went to a live taping of Mad Money in college lmao

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I was an annoying lil Republican as a kid. I remember being bummed that Bob Dole lost to Clinton without really knowing why lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I never even heard of elf on the shelf until I was in my 20s and it gives me the willies.