Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
New Years happened.
I had lamb.
Another year in the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I traded my red truck for a white one.

I couldn't wait any longer. Inspection was past due. I don't think the brakes or tires would have passed. Plus, it's been making some godawful timing chain noises for the last 5000 miles (it's at 51k now), was way down on power and the mileage was starting to suck.
On the upside, I don't have to worry about a timing chain anymore.

kastein posted:

Normally you would be right about all of that but Godzillas started eating cams and lifters due to cam lobe delamination at 2k to 40k miles. I'm pretty sure it's just low quality parts causing it.

idk what Motorcraft's deal is with accepting lovely parts but it's been a thing since at least 2011.
see above.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

cursedshitbox posted:

A ford truck without the worst part. A Ford engine. That rules. I've seen a bunch out here in work truck liveries. You did good.

I'm seriously considering going to the sign shop and having them print me some decals from surrounding jurisdictions so I can park wherever the gently caress I want without worrying about it.
I parked behind a white lightning with DC flag on the side when I went to the ESRI convention on Tuesday and confused the daylights out of the guy returning to "his" truck. He tried opening both passenger doors before realizing it wasn't his truck.

I am also seriously considering
https://spinnywhoosh.com/products/retro-solo-jazz-livery?variant=39602662834254

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

kastein posted:

It's too bad you didn't go with stop sign red so you could just get Milwaukee M400 Fuel decals made and put them on it.

I literally could not find one that was not some sort of white or grey. There was ONE blue one that was beautiful but it was like 90k and wasn't even a Platinum. No thanks.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Welp. I just got fired.
Well not technically fired, I'm on administrative leave until Wednesday.
But I'm pretty sure on Wednesday I'll be fired.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Advent Horizon posted:

It says ‘violence from people’ so I assumed that was people who declined repairs and then came back when something broke.

You've never seen how most Mechanic Supervisors treat their techs then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Welp. I just got fired.
Well not technically fired, I'm on administrative leave until Wednesday.
But I'm pretty sure on Wednesday I'll be fired.

oh poo poo I forgot to update.
Didn't get fired. Definitely brushing off my resume though.

Happy St. Patrick's day