Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

big dong wanter posted:

GUYS GALS AND NB PALS

I JUST PAID MY LAST EVER RENT AND PARKED MY BELOVED HENRY IN THE GARAGE
HELL YEAH
CELEBRATING WITH CHAMPAGNE (GOON RUN THROUGH A HARD RUBBISH SODASTREAM) YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW

Congrats! also hello kenji fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

big dong wanter posted:

kenji? goon through a sodastream is how i used to make gallery champagne (coolabah fruity lexia) when i lived in an art gallery

henry is henry the v8th, my ve ss commodore

he is allowed in the house, he just doesnt fit :(

I have literally never heard anyone else say guys, gals, nb pals other than kenji but uh I guess you are my first lol.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

That’s awesome. I miss the happy mac days what a cool little thing.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Man I would kill to have a breaker per room or per outlet even and all 20a, instead I have all 3 bedrooms and both bathrooms and all their overhead lights sharing 2 linked 15a circuits.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I’d argue also everywhere I have lived trying to get a tradesperson to do anything remotely minor is a nightmare because the good people or companies are swimming in big jobs. The only people you might get are the mediocre people where yeah you are probably better off doing it yourself, especially as I imagine a good chunk of AI folks are comfortable enough around their car stuff around your house isn’t much different in what you need to pay attention to and be careful about.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

drat random, glad you are alive but holy hell you have the worst luck. I hope you recover okay

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Ether Frenzy posted:

I ran my cars through those calculators
2008 M3 with 35k miles 2nd owner: Paid $38k, now worth $20k
1992 Miata with 69k miles 2nd owner: Paid $3700, now worth $3500
1985 Volvo 240 DL with 150k miles 2nd owner: Paid $2500, now worth $500
1966 Pontiac GTO with 91k miles, family owned since day 1 but techically 3rd owner: Paid $3700 in 1966, now worth $8600

Sounds like I should trade them all in for a cybertrvkk !! :awesome:

Lmao those values

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Y’all need to try the california coast, winters are 50°, not a lot of rain, and you can drive 3-4 hours to get to snow and mountains in the winter if you want to see that! (But lol at buying a house so I am also in washington)

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Leperflesh posted:

also drive two hours to get to a decent hospital

my wife and I have considered it over and over and this is always the sticking point, you don't actually have to die of a minor heart attack in this day and age, but maybe you do if you live somewhere that remote

The bay area and LA and SD are all on the coast! Or was this a traffic joke?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Leperflesh posted:

The part of the california coast that is mostly 50 degrees is not most of the bay area nor most of LA or SD. I presumed we're talking about the actual-coast, which OK probably includes SF proper and places like Monterey, but is also like hundreds of miles of gorgeous cliffs and beaches of the northern california coastline, places like mendocino and point reyes etc. There's affordable homes and mild temps and more or less unspoiled landscapes. But not much in the way of hospitals.

The 50 degrees was the winter lows!

Also yes west side of SF absolutely is like 50-65 and overcast but dry year round! It is the objectively most best weather in the world.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

luminalflux posted:

"Dry" might be a stretch, it's kinda humid from all the fog (you'll get drier and less overcast once you move towards the bay past the rain shadow of twin peaks)

It is not lost on me that I'm fortunate enough to live 10-15 min drive from multiple ERs, including one of the best teaching hospitals in the world. Driving 30 min on twisting rural roads in the dark to get to the ER is something i'd love to do approximately never again

Dry compared to Seattle. It may be moist and foggy but the pavement is generally pretty dang dry (esp after an hour or so of traffic) and it isn’t unfun to ride a motorcycle in.

Just move 30 miles south to Boulder Creek lmao. Actually though very jealous of my friend there’s glorious daily commute down 9.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

HOLY poo poo this is amazing

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Welp. I just got fired.
Well not technically fired, I'm on administrative leave until Wednesday.
But I'm pretty sure on Wednesday I'll be fired.

drat that sucks man :(

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

The Door Frame posted:

Isn't that one of the most dangerous jobs in the country?

More dangerous than cops that’s for sure

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

BuckyDoneGun posted:

I'm surprised even that the main cause of cop death is violence as opposed to vehicle accident, I recall that coming up in the past as a big one, killing more than violence.

I wonder with logging, obviously getting crushed by a tree aint good, but if the fact that so much logging goes on in remote locations means incidents that might be survivable in the city aren't in logging because of the delay in getting medical care.

In recent years the main on the job killer of cops has been covid, many of whom refused to vaccinate.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Also alternatively put different shocks in the ES, a 10-12 year old car is very likely due for a suspension refresh anyway.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's definitely a bizarre place but the vibe I'm getting is Vegas but without the gambling and that it actually functions as a city... :v:

The drivers are about as good as those in the US and they have the 12-18 lane wide roads y'all love so much.

It's kinda weird how much it reminds me of the US, whether that's good or bad I'll leave up to you.

As someone in Vegas like once a month for work at this point (including right now). It is just as functioning of a city as any other in the US. Take that how you will.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

But can your fridge play Crisis?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It was a frozen California Pizza Kitchen brand, BBQ Chicken. Not bad actually for frozen.

My son had just made it and I just went to grab a slice quick not realizing it just came out of the oven and YOWZA

California sends its regards to the east coast

Seriously though that sucks hope you heal up okay and speedy.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

:vince:

Got drat what a good lookin wagon

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

fridge corn posted:

I've been tasked with making a playlist of songs about cars/driving for reasons. There are a lot of songs about cars and and driving and I quickly amassed a list of over 300. Anyway, looking for more obscure records I might have overlooked so gimmie your best songs about cars

Duke Dumont - Ocean Drive

Also The Weeknd - Starboy (P1 and rolls reference, also music video completes the driving vibe)

Dorrough - Ice Cream Paint Job

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 15, 2024

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Raluek posted:

i mean, in the context of car related, yes

Not The Distance or Long Line of Cars?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

fridge corn posted:

Cake has so many songs about cars lol

What being from traffic hell california does to a mfer.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

DanTheFryingPan posted:

The ultimate trade has found its ultimate practitioner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43HCYSXZ9GI

The problem is this is the worst song because max sux

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I had same guesses before scrolling down too lol

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

850 manual is the Sreten Special lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sorry about your bike slidebite, but good on you taking it easy on the old lady. I hope things work out to where you are made whole again.