Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

Low profile tires go great with the crumbling infrastructure and poo poo tier roads. I still need to look at the e28 and make sure I didn't bend a wheel last the other day.

Yeah, I'm considering something with a bigger sidewall when I replace my Jeep's tires this summer, the potholes here are getting deep enough to eat cats.

Ether Frenzy posted:

What happened is Reaganism and Thatcherism ended social programs for mental illness and drug addiction. Those carefully curated videos of a 2 block radius of drug users in inner city areas you'd have to literally go out of your way to find and travel to in order to make stupid videos are the result of the childish thinking those philosophies are built on, which results in the "social decay" that is actually the end stage of drug addiction.

Providing help for these people years before they reach this stage would be easier, cheaper, and better for everyone in society - but then the desired level of state-sanctioned cruelty would not be achieved and conservative politicians would have no platform to run on.

It's amazing how dedicated they are to the cruelty. We were piloting a basic income project here in Iowa, funded privately and running a modest $500 monthly supplement for 2 years from May 2023. The local death cult in the legislature passed a bill to explicitly ban these programs because it was working. Hasn't made it through the Senate yet, but probably will.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU