Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Gattaca ending, the doctor says that (I guess I will spoiler too) his son is also a not designer baby and wants to be an astronaut so he's not gonna turn in a guy who is living his own sons dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

null_pointer posted:

God drat my memory is poo poo :smith:

No, its me with the poo poo memory cause I was wrong, he doesn't say his son is in-valid but he does say that he wants to be an astronaut and he lets vincent pass so i half remembered

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
You might not get the award you want but remember: you're still rich and could never work another day in your life and still be rich

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

checkplease posted:

King of the hill was great stuff, but yeah not sure how this new revival. Probably should have been left alone.

I was cautiously optimistic even when it was going to be without Brittany Murphy and Tom Petty but now that Johnny Hardwick is gone, nawww.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
If you gonna be a nepotism hire at least pretend to care about your work, but then again rich people being completely disconnected from how the rest of us live is pretty par the course

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

MacheteZombie posted:

Her don't give a poo poo vibes are refreshing tbh. Real "do u know who my family is?" energy

Disagree, detachment is dumb, ironic or not. Take pride in what you do, especially when you're being paid a lot of money.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
a little too raph...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
In the comics/1989 movie Splinter was the pet rat of a Japanese martial arts master and learned how to fight by studying and mimicking his owner. In the original cartoon, they combine the two and the story is that Master Yoshi was a member of the foot clan who was mutated into a rat after being exposed to the green ooze. Beyond that I dunno cause I am old and haven't kept up with tmnt lore but as a child of the 80s that was my poo poo.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Jay Rust posted:

what are some classic lines from Avatar?

JAKE SULLY

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Pirate Jet posted:

What are some examples of movies where someone’s great sacrifice isn’t just being willing to die for the greater good, but also die with a disgraced reputation? These are dorky examples but I’m thinking of things like Eddie in Stranger Things 4 or The Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3.

idk if it exactly fits your criteria but I am thinking about Mother Night, even though it's more well known as a Vonnegut book.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
If you're gonna do westerns then watch the three dollars trilogy and then unforgiven, it's a fun day of movies

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
With inflation its more like the thirty dollars trilogy

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Failed Imagineer posted:

Scotty Doesn't Know from Eurotrip

Ya can't say it without posting it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vyj1C8ogtE

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

therattle posted:

Has anyone watched Ricky Stanicky on Amazon (Peter Farrelly with John Cena). I did some work on the financing. Never actually read the script but people really liked it.

Watched it yesterday with my wife, we both laughed a number of times. I thought it lost some steam in the second half, though, and saw the ending coming from a mile away, but it was enjoyable. We've seen a few comedies with Cena in them and he's always pretty entertaining.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Not many can say they fought their uncle in a volcano. I can.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Annihilation rules, would be cool if they made another since there's two more books in the southern reach trilogy

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I didn't, cool!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
if you ever have to ask if you're out of touch the answer is always yes

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Best pizza crunchy bottom pizza, doesn't matter where it's from or what's on it, gimme that crunch

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I haven't seen lost in translation in probably 20 years but how is it racist?

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 22, 2024

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Read the book if you haven't. I enjoyed the movie but the book is worth reading.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Baron von Eevl posted:

They're both fine, not great but at least pretty interesting. I like the book better than the movie, but not much more. The book was pretty good but the author definitely thought it was smarter than it really is. In that sense it's perfectly suited for the Wachowskis.

the book is basically be excellent to each other, which I don't think is trying to be smarter than it is. we should be excellent to each other.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
idk I found it fun but I also read mostly genre fiction so my taste aren't the most refined, I fully admit.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
every job has a pecking order and I assume the grips all complain about whoever is lower than them

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The Tiffany Aching books and The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents are classified as YA but they're just slightly shorter Discworld novels. All of the Discworld books would be under fiction if your library doesn't have a fantasy section for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
We were promised full frontal, penis and bush