Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Yeah there's a lot of just animal abuse in Hong Kong films from the 80s especially cat 3 films

I tried watching Calamity of Snakes expecting a crazy horror/disaster movie but turned it off once it was obvious they were just hacking up real snakes with garden tools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Safety Factor posted:

I'd watch Jack Burton in the middle ages though.

You can! It’s called Army of Darkness!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

what are some classic lines from Avatar?

“I think I’m getting a migraine - how much longer is this?”

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

there's a lovely creature feature on Prime Video i've seen twice and the second time i didn't realize i'd seen it before until it was almost over. i've also forgotten the name so it could conceivably happen again

Was it “Bog?” Because that happened to me with Bog.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Bright Bart posted:

Are there any unintentionally so-bad-it's-good-comedies? Not in the way a terrible pun is funny but you laugh at the people who made the film thinking you'd laugh at something

No. I’d rather watch Dancer in the Dark three times than sit through Leonard Part 6 ever again - it’s that depressing.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I'm actually kinda over satans having delectable, delicious fun. I want a tired satan

Seriously, Satan shouldn’t enjoy his job as much as he does in most of these movies. That was kind of Milton’s whole point.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Air Skwirl posted:

Burn Hollywood Burn isn't that bad and the Raspberries are a terrible marker for something being bad. Shelly Duvall got one for her performance in The Shining, and I think most people today would agree she is pretty good in that.

Also it’s pretty gross because her performance was heavily influenced by Kubrick browbeating her.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

I only have oddly specific lists

Films featuring the undead riding horses
https://boxd.it/chX9O

Merman movies
https://boxd.it/loLRY

Parker adaptations
https://boxd.it/frj9m

Your first list is missing Survival of the Dead and your second one needs Cabin in the Woods.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Watched and enjoyed Fallout. Other than Hell Comes to Frogtown, Alien from LA, and Radioactive Dreams, what are some other post-apocalyptic that go hard on goofy satire and/or mutants with decent world building?

Tank Girl, Night of the Comet, maybe Escape From LA?

Meet the Hollowheads might count as post-apocalyptic, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Mars Attacks

It’s this. People said I was crazy at the time!