Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Nah it's fine, stuff'll be back to status quo by Saturday's strip. No consequences. Nothing interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Chronic case of tumblr nose.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I remember this Kevin and Kell storyline as it was happening and it will never not be stupid that Kell is any better than RL just because she's not a complete monster of capitalism.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Dethany why are you smiling about this? "Haha I'm dead inside. Like cemeteries. I'm a goth :)"

Also gently caress these merfolk.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I winced but I also laughed because it was just funny thinking of all the early webcomics and seeing how long that trope has actually gone on. I'm sure it's been around since time immemorial but still funny to see it even if it's a bit lame. At least his own SI sucks lol

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

kidcoelacanth posted:

this is going to shock some people but i don't think holbrook knows what the NCAA is

I'm glad you posted this because I had the same thought.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
You know if I remember right she's lying about the box. But also yea it's like "Well see Kell doesn't kill her own employees and catches prey in "unethical" ways or something. No it doesn't make any sense.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I love Wallace so much.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

I don't remember him doing any schooling other than "helps out in the DNA labs". And by that I mean I don't remember him ever talking about taking classes or working for it or anything. This is a fake new development I say.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

He's right, I also have no idea what any of the expressions in these comics are.

To post a non negative thing, I've been enjoyin Mexikid lately. It's a fun little strip~

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

JethroMcB posted:

Rose is Rose

Panel 1 looks like he's ready to punch the cat. Panel 3 the angle reminds me of a JoJo panel.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I think it's just cuz around this time the anti vacc movement was really sparking up. Or atleast enough that Holbrook had heard of it.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I couldn't remember her dad's last name and still thought it was her dad's shop so I guess I was right.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Hwurmp posted:

never tell me if Holbrook has a Hitler

Nah it's fine, everything went back to status quo on Saturday's comic.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Yea I was enjoying Steeple and to see it just kinda get hucked under the bus like that sucks. I'd honestly rather he just paused it and never came back than that tbh.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
gently caress that Buckeye.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Mary Worth Presents: Big Keef Dribin'

Another work sketch of the thread's favourite leg of ham/sociopath, but I worked it up into a 'real' drawing this time.

(Slightly larger version)

Also I just peeked at today's Sunday strip and ohhhhhhh boy.

This is so good haha

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Gnoman posted:

The joke is that the cook is a "chicken" because he's too afraid to make the romantic move.

Yea I think actually making the chef an actual chicken didn't help because it took me a couple reads to get the joke too haha

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
See they moved into the rabbit state and now they wanna gently caress like rabbits and you can't gently caress out of wed lock.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I remember watching a video on Dr. Hormone a while back. It's wild poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUneXhbha8Y

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Yay a Precure parody :3:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

Parsley in the Corner

Sadly I had to leave out a bit of fun with language at the center of this chapter’s title – she calls her special fried rice “onee-chahan,” a portmanteau of “oneechan,” big sister, and “chahan,” fried rice.
Also, some pretty economical storytelling from Q-Rais here – the way the little brother’s face lights up when he learns tonight’s fried rice has a little bacon in it.

I like this portmanteau :3: I'm liking Parsley so far haha

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Bok loving rules.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I like the dumb banjo cat draws

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I hate that the Holbrook basketball team will probably win just because main character coach.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Can't wait to see what lame stuff happens in this year's Easter Bunny storyline.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
The term paper is going to be an April Fool's joke and Hil will miss that fact and do one anyway cuz she is too frazzled about there being a term paper due.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I don't think that Legend of Bill can pull off humor or deeper lore and story telling well at ALL. This is not a surprising take I'm sure.

In positive contrast, Flash continues to be so good. Well drawn, fun pacing like..man this is good poo poo. Also, I love Wallace.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Vargo posted:

I'll give Legend of Bill this: It seems that ever since Reddick has been actually trying to tell stories and make art, Intelligent Life has become actually critical of nerd poo poo movies rather than the unending fawning it used to be.

Which is sad considering how it's been brought up all the Legend of Bill stuff is like 15 years old now or something and is just being colorized/cleaned up from old strips.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I have been enjoying Frank and Ernest but I think it's just the stupid expressions the characters make like...they are manically happy to deliver a lovely pun joke and I can respect it, even if it's kinda ugly drawings lol

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Also what is she holding? A can of beans?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
This makes sense. They should throw that beaker out, it's melting and wouldn't be good for science anymore.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
The gardening team is some of the stupidest poo poo in Kevin and Kell and that's saying something.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Vox Valentine posted:

You gotta speedrun the softening of her character because she has to exist in a blissful and pure state and has to have always been a good person at heart. It's stuff he's done before (the evolution of Ralph's character, for example) but done faster so it's done markedly worse.

You also have to speedrun it because he's running out of characters to make date or get married that aren't actual children.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
So I read the Olive Oyl comic when it pops up but like..I don't remember if we ever heard about how Olive got these powers, she just kind of..suddenly was in a comic where she could see ghosts now as far as I remember.

Also I'm very glad for WAR baby growing up and for Rie's bday party. I missed Haraiso Days :3:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

EasyEW posted:

It happened last June. Olive pretty much died in that cave after something called a soul leech tried to eat her, then she spent a few weeks as a ghost while Petunia toted her body around until they found a solution. The "I see dead people" thing was a side effect.

This sounds vaguely familiar now. My brain might've just tossed this information out. Appreciate it!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Giant Ethicist posted:

(I think it's safe to say they're dating.)

This one made me legit smile :3:

Also to further add to the fetishes, don't forget that Rose wants Jimbo to be bald. I don't know why I remember this but I do.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

catlord posted:

I will say, for as much as I like Bad Machinery, and I do a lot, and for as many little bits that hold up well in this story, like this one, I don't particularly care for 'Case of the Missing Piece'. I think a good part of it is that, while I understand and am sympathetic to Blossom, I don't like her. Ever since her first appearance she's been petty, cruel, and manipulative and she just... never stops, even though she's a major focus of the story.

I definitely agree on this. I remember not liking this story much either the last time I saw it.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I don't think I ever partook in communion at my Disciples of Christ church. Just never did the proper steps and didn't care :shrug: I think it was just some reddish juice and chalky bread nibbles though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Vox Valentine posted:

cyberpunk girl with a cat smile who works at the construction company, save me.

Yea I'm already loving this crew but chars with fangs are peak design.