Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

amigolupus posted:

I knew it'd get nuts, but Uncle Jeff's plan in Invisible Scarlet O'Neil still took me by surprise. No form of entertainment, no outside stimulus, nothing but yourselves to keep each other company and one loaded gun. He really wants these people to murder each other, huh?

I guess Scarlet's gonna sneak in some magazines or board games to keep this couple occupied, huh?

Maybe she'll just be a haunt and scare 'em. Hard to be bored when there's a g-g-g-ghooooost! There's a loaded gun so it checks the Scarlet box of "really inadvisable plan".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Milholland really likes Popeye but his own voice is too strong so it bleeds over. I still like it but I liked his stuff. It's definitely weird for Popeye.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Andertoons

:allears: I love Andertoons

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

The very easy compromise where she can still do it without putting the entirety of their lives on display and instead putting healthy boundaries between her private and professional lives

Like it's not even a loving compromise it's how you avoid your job making you crazy

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The hell is that raccoon doing

Acting unusual. Better be careful, that's a possible sign of rabies.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

and they're blue! good job colorist

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I kind of like the idea of a bad guy who does things that kind of work out well for everyone. Not like they have a change of heart and do the right thing in the end or anything, just whenever they attempt a scheme it works but in the best possible way for everyone.

He's like some sort of corrupted-genie-wish CMOT Dibbler, whose get rich quick schemes always work just never for him

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

YAAAAAS WITCH-QUEEN

I'm just gonna say it, Azura, once you earn the "Witch" prefix in "Witch-Queen" ain't nobody gonna forget it

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

well is Bok in that thread? Probably not.

Luann probably would be though.

There's a cartoonist name chip bok and he's terrible

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

my "favorite" part of working daze is when they have a picture of outside and it's just a photo of something like they couldn't be bothered to draw a parking lot or w/e

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

My heart is so soft that I feel bad for this one-shot character. Give that giantess a chance to live her dreams Archie, you jerk.

The whole strip is mostly Archie being a jerk and getting brutally owned either by general karma or just the unfathomable power of Jughead

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

That's a very Seussian elephant. That's a compliment btw.

Oh, I'm sorry, a very Seussian e'fan

It sure is fine, no matter what you call it

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

gently caress off

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I do not enjoy to see Pondus

It's not my least favorite comic ever posted here but I won't name the other one for fear of bringing it back

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's, like, the whole reason plants evolved capsaicin in the first place. Then some weird hairless apes came along and went "heehoo mouth burns funny" and kept cramming the plants into their mouths even as their poo poo liquified and tears streamed down their faces.

The bird is just offended by the sins of Texas A&M

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Vargo posted:

Curtis

These strips where Curtis explains a comic he found online make me angry for reasons I truly cannot articulate.

It's an utter rejection of "show, don't tell"

Unless it's supposed to be showing Curtis being a weird kid in which case okay I guess

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Pluggers are out of shape

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I think the trick of WAR is not only that it depicts the frustrations of parenthood as well as the joys, but that it specifically doesn't take the frustrations personally or depict the joys in a saccharine way.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

rannum posted:

well, ectopic pregnancies sound absolutely horrifying, thank you WAR

They are and there is literally no treatment but termination. No procedure exists to remove an embryo that has implanted in the fallopian tube and have it re-implant in the uterus.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

eventually every atom on earth will be jesus

.....is jesus the grey plague????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

quote: