Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

was looking for something in the `22 thread and oh no, this poster had the curse of prophecy

I AM GRANDO posted:

Crankshaft will slowly get bleaker as the Funky characters filter in and take over, like how Outland shifted back into being Bloom County after eight months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i presume he'll have a quiet heart to heart with the mom about how she was being "targeted" for something by beanie boy and his mysterious phone contact and they'll all sigh with relief and she'll kiss the cop

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

goons ain't much for nuance

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

wait are we Calvin derailing again because of the same guy as last time???

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

"the ncaa"

i have no idea why that's galling me as much as it is, we already knew he knows nothing about college sports with the gardening stuff

and yet

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oh hey, look, it's the fake hippie on the run from the ex-cop

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

by Michael Kupperman

was hoping this would go

one

step

beyooooooond

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I generally can't bring myself to care about anything happening here, but I need to know if I'm hallucinating - wasn't the hedgehog/bat an infant just like a post or two ago? I could swear

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Hostile V posted:

She was born in 2018 and she's aging in realtime so now she's like six in the current day.

and that's the one current-year strip in the bunch, now I see it

god that's annoying

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

The MST3K moment that has come to mind most with Mary Worth lately is Servo just SCREAMING in the middle of the scene with the kid in Mitchell

buzz off, keith

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Gil Thorp

Usually I do okay keeping up with what's happening in Gil Thorp, but this one escapes me.

i suspect we're just starting the next story at the post-game presser and gil will kick off the flashback of what we missed in that game in the next couple strips

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

THORN, May 21-24, 1985

Maxwell Lord posted:

Wow this guy really WAS into the Butthole Surfers before they were cool

yeah, dang

for the record, the new surfers record at that point would have been their first full-length (after a pair of EPs), "psychic...powerless...another man's sac," which came out in late 1984 - the follow-up EP "cream corn from the socket of davis" wouldn't be released until 1986 in the states

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Rose is Rose

god, i still loving hate it

Larryb posted:

They even manage to make recap strips fun by doing it from a different character's perspective each time, it's impressive honestly.

Has the person currently behind it done any other notable work in the past out of curiosity?

the webcomic lavender jack, which is quite good. not exactly notable, but excellently done

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

if the pdfs of the conan thing happened to turn up in my inbox, i would not complain

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i don't like holbrook, but i think the main reason he grates on the thread in ways other authors don't is that we get eight whole strips of his poo poo per day (except on blessed "no safe havens on sunday" sundays) across four plotlines that range from garbage to nonsense at any given time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Pancho Jueves posted:

Pluggers

Pretty sure this is universal, Gene. Also Indiana, Pennsylvania is a cursed town name.

home of indiana university of pennsylvania

PA also has the wyoming valley, wyoming county, and the town of wyoming, which is in the valley but not in the county.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming,_Pennsylvania