Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Ed needs one helmet because he's afraid his daughter will injuriously crash the car but he doesn't care if she gets hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Turn your phone on, Curtis.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah so it just happened to work out identically to the point where not only is the history identical to the year, and all the historical characters identical, but they also have exactly the same popular culture staples, bands, movies, books and superheroes as we do! Except they're all animals!

Amazing world building, holbrook.

Well now they also never pollute somehow despite having like F-14s and regular trucks and trains and stuff, let's not forget that.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Yeah that's where I get off the morning person joke train too. I'm a quick riser so it's not personal experience but all the big babies about it I do know never hit the point where they're still blind and dead to the world but also have prepped a full breakfast including three beverages.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I read Our Boarding House religiously. It's that rare combination of really really old but also understandable And not demolished by chicken scratch lettering and the ravages of time. Plus the characters are great.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

So I remember when Rose is Rose was first being discussed before being brought in there was a lot of discussion about it being unpleasant in a sort of 9 Chickweed Lane Way. Is that something that happens later? Right now it just seems to be an artist that can only draw ballet poses and untroubled people and if those two things cannot reach a punchline well gently caress you they're syndicated anyhow.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Being naked is the leading indicator of impending death on Hellworld, I'd invest in a Kingpin suit if I was this guy.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The art style in current Alley Oop makes them look like car seats that came to life, what did it originally look like?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Manta Rays don't have stingers, and stingray stingers don't go there! Boo! Boo this man!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Ah my favorite genre of K&K: In which the kid gets a Christmas present that is just the basic rear end food they need to eat anyway. Like if you woke up Christmas morning and were astonished and delighted to see a box of Cheerios alone under the tree.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

I feel like K&K is just waiting for a reveal that plants are also sapient in this universe and there is literally no part of the food chain that isn't murder

poo poo, maybe photosynthesis in this universe also somehow involves murder, little cartoon photons screaming as they're used to synthesize ATP

They routinely carry on conversations with the tree some of them live in and the hedgehog one is a therapist for plants. Hell even Rudy's car is sentient.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Okay Luann let's just get to the part where she sees a happy mom in a park and decides that love is the only thing they actually need.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Great Kid but could you do me a favor and stop pointing at me? Getting a real bad Ghost of Christmas Future vibe off you.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Man the "unemployment officer that hates how lovely you are" sure is a rich well, it's a real shame that it's just not really a thing at all anywhere.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Kinda weird how he's okay with his wife eating fellow herbivores.

Those herbivores were idiots that were simultaneously running around naked and looking at *some gizmo* like morons, plus they hadn't been adopted by the protagonists and their ever-growing circle of wacky baby factories, so no one cares if they died.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Indeed, human sized but not human, thank you. Also please do ensure I have knockers, as any ferret or whatever other ill-defined blob creature I am would, should they be enlarged.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

It's me, the enemy frogman bent on sabotage!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

So which is preferable, a strip that slowly sheds characters down to the core family like Foxtrot or Garfield, or one that eternally branches into new ones like K&K?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Me either Barry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Like just get a blank one you boring fug. It doesn't matter because the only thing your mom actually likes is rolling her eyes at failure so you already got her something.