Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

That's a pretty good skeevy guy.

Pooch Cafe

:lol:

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Vox Valentine posted:

It's All About The Dialogue Schultz Doesn't Write

The Peanuts animation Foley artists captured perfectly how an adult's voice sounds to an extremely bored child.

My wife & I use it to this day

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (February 3-7, 2006)

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 14, 2024

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kazinsal posted:

Scary Go Round (February 3-7, 2005)

Fun UK fact (disclaimer: fact may not in fact be fun) "tired and emotional" is an official euphemism for drunk. Originally coined to get around libel laws, it can be argued that it is now such a commonplace term among journalists that using it could still count as libel. I have no idea if this has ever been tested in court.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Are you sure you're allowed to do this Bets, maybe check in with your mast boyfriend first

Great how Bets having an actual money-making gig online is now treated as a shameful addiction (even though she had boundary issues with what she filmed and shared).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kinda weird how he's okay with his wife eating fellow herbivores.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Legend of Bill

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Alhazred posted:

it says something, i think, that the closest manga equivalent to this comic has it so that while carnivores eating people is widely done and quietly acknowledged, it's totally taboo to bring up and 100% illegal. basically like a metaphor for weed in much of the world. as opposed to blithely accepting that some people will just have to die violently to feed others and making jokes about it

anyway my point is people who can't help themselves from straining to comprehend holbrook should read beastars, it's pretty good if directionless

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mister Olympus posted:

it says something, i think, that the closest manga equivalent to this comic has it so that while carnivores eating people is widely done and quietly acknowledged, it's totally taboo to bring up and 100% illegal.
That sounds way crazier than Kevin & Kell. People blindly looking the other way when their friends and relatives are murdered because a large proportion of the population are serial killers but we don't talk about it?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Tiggum posted:

That sounds way crazier than Kevin & Kell. People blindly looking the other way when their friends and relatives are murdered because a large proportion of the population are serial killers but we don't talk about it?

it's been a while since i read it, but iirc most of it is under-the-table sales from funeral homes or desperate houseless people selling limbs to butchers to get off the streets

which now that i type it out is really hosed up yeah. it is a really crazy comic. though the way it's framed is that a majority of carnivores are ok on meat substitutes, basically just some people have picked up the habit and others don't, which is what made me think of weed in places where it's illegal, and reads at least as a little more logical of a setting than K&K

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

FINGERPORI

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Please... stop with the... ellipses... this comic looks... like it... was written by... a relative... on Facebook... or the asthmatic... kid on Malcolm... in the... Middle...

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

Another explanation of the trash can in case you forgot.
Here’s the tortoise and the hare so you can check out his lame little dance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dki75GEmm44
She calls the program with the stars hereラフスボーン, and the only result google turns up for that is in the transcription of this comic in its free preview on amazon.

It's "The Manhole", the game that the Miller brothers made before "Myst".

https://www.filfre.net/2016/10/the-manhole/

edit: Dammit! that'll teach me not to read the thread properly, and I'm wrong.

someone awful. posted:

looks like it's another Living Book, this one called "Ruff's Bone"! here's the Twinkle Twinkle bit.

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 11, 2024

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Strontium posted:

Legend of Bill

It's kinda impressive how dull, stupid, uninteresting and mildly offensive that crap manages to be so consistently. I assume it's currently trying to be dramatic and mysterious but all I feel is boredom. :v:

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Transmodiar posted:

Next Time: The Iron God

Uh oh. If I recall this one has aged particularly poorly.

Vintage Valiant (Sep. 09, 1962)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/10/04

Brenda Starr 12/29-31/52

Smokey Stover 11/13/60

Everyday Movies 6/4/37

"It might have been me next to him if I hadn't insisted one night that he come up and meet my roommate."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/28-30/43

Drinking coffee before bed? Scarlet sure lives dangerously.

Closer Than We Think! 11/13/60

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
On the edge of my seat here about the actions of this gorilla.

Heart of the City pulling a better joke than half the regulars today.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
Pluggers

Since this is Pluggers, it could be talking about your cat-pet or your cat-wife.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(6/8/1994)

(6/9/1994)

Ziggy

(11/15/1971)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

There's something so funny about a gorilla referring to "That dame"

Cul de Sac

FoxTrot Classix

The vagaries of the Liturgical Calendar mean that we're just now approaching Holy Week in 2003, when Easter Sunday fell on :2bong: :420: 4/20 :420: :2bong:

Rose is Rose

No burgers for you, Corky, unless you ditch the straw boaters and add lots of fuzzy guitars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EOY7Fp74_w

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Couldn't add commentary to today's Heart of the City earlier but I wanted to add that I live in Philly and it really is that bad, both the potholes and the municipal services website

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (March 14, 1936)

Peanuts (April 13, 1977)

Crankshaft

The moral: Buy that second belt sander or there will be consequences.

Rip Haywire catches a bombshell.

Li'l Abner (April 23-25, 1936)

Thimble Theater (November 14, 1940)

Out Our Way (June 8-10, 1944)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 11, 2024

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

THE KRIMLEN. You know, that building in Rad Square of Costco.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

:yeah:

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. That's why I don't give a poo poo on the company's time.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

In the real world, someone did register that domain yesterday and it currently holds a placeholder page. I wonder if that was done by Greg & Karen or by a reader.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Alhazred posted:

Those herbivores were idiots that were simultaneously running around naked and looking at *some gizmo* like morons, plus they hadn't been adopted by the protagonists and their ever-growing circle of wacky baby factories, so no one cares if they died.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (February 8-10, 2006)

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 14, 2024

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

There's something so funny about a gorilla referring to "That dame"

it's giving deathless deer, where the person taking over the strip didn't know what to make of it so just had the falcon crack wise about bird things

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Poil posted:

It's kinda impressive how dull, stupid, uninteresting and mildly offensive that crap manages to be so consistently. I assume it's currently trying to be dramatic and mysterious but all I feel is boredom. :v:

It's sad because at least on the surface he's clearly trying and seems actually passionate about this (or at least was when it originally came out) and yet the comic is so terrible at conveying anything dynamic, interesting or, well, anything really other than something from PAWS inc.

Like best I can tell he learned that Garfield template of a 3 panel comic with thick lines, simple shapes and characters with exaggerated expressions just sort of standing (but not really interacting) next to each other but then learned nothing else, and then he tried to actually do something creatively different but since he doesn't know how to do anything else it instead just ends up being "Intelligent Life except Skip is a barbarian." It's just the saddest thing.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

About four pounds.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake The Magician

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Stop! We no longer have to drown our beloved gorilla! I've sold him for animal experimentation!"

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Strontium posted:

Legend of Bill

It's fascinating how this comic went from a bad Conan parody to completely incomprehensible.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

Usage various tremendously but in general rocks are natural while stones have been artificially cut or shaped.

Please ignore how sedimentary rocks are commonly called stones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
A bit stale, but at least he shows initiative...