Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

Okay, this gimmick could be a lot of fun.

Yesssssss :unsmigghh:

Also, on the recommendation of the previous thread, I looked into Schkade's Lavender Jack. It's fantastic, thanks goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

SO dang good.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

I can't believe Planck Oh is loving dead

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Doomykins posted:

Other long running strips reintroduce a recurring character for an arc and the audience audibly groans. Flash does it about two months into a solid gold run and it's actually great. :allears:

It definitely says something about the quality of the storytelling that my reaction to Bones's appearance was :krad:.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

I never skip Everyday Movies. It's such a fantastic glimpse into the 1930s - the fashion, the slang, how people's lives have changed, and how they've stayed the same.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Azura's design reminds me of Ducky from Lavender Jack and it's messing with my brain!

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Lavender Jack is amazing. Everyone stop what you're doing and go read it now.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

:golfclap:

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

saintonan posted:

Comic Strips 2024: Just Act Cool and Flex a Little

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

Bizarro

:stonk:

Flash Gordon

:stare:

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

gently caress HIM UP BOK

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Giant Ethicist posted:

Shauna is the best character and it's a drat shame that Allison couldn't figure out what to do with her after SGR was done. :colbert:

:colbert::respek::colbert:

Lottie kind of has the feeling of a character who almost gets too big for the writer, if that makes sense. A character a writers stops being able to say no to.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Murdstone posted:

I like how "writing letters" is a regular chore she needs to do.

I mean, letter writing used to be a big deal when phone calls were still expensive and there was no such thing as the internet. Sitting down and writing back to all your various friends and family members used to be a thing people would absolutely set aside time for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

amigolupus posted:

I like how the placement of the * makes it seem like Flash and Bok have a casual thing going on as well.

I mean...

PetraCore posted:

Dr. Zarkov has calculated the possibility of a stable polycule.