Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

This year is the year I read the whole thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Always wanted to ask - why is the Fastrack lady so pale? Is she undead? Goth? Anthropomorphic a’la Kevin and Kell?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

Having a 6-month old currently and in awe how well this strip draws toddlers 0-1 years old.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Finally jumping on the Prince Valiant train. I thought this is all fantasy world so the North African slave market threw me off.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

This is just a great comic page

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Douglas Adams wrote it better.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Looking forward to getting heat stroke in my future car.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Is "Dustin's life sucks" a thing forever, like "Garfield likes lasagna"? Even loving Luann has some character progression.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I love how We are procreating draws the kid, but with more and more strips I gotta say the lady is questionable. She does say “don’t take my advice” but she seems kinda lovely in general.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Probably different in every country, but when we had our kid here in Poland six months ago, they wouldn’t let anyone one with a newborn not in a toddler car seat. You couldn’t just walk out carrying the baby. On the other hand I just learned there’s a legal exemption for taxis here, so that you can travel with a toddler on your lap without a car seat.

Regardless, probably not wise to take the front seat.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

For points like this it's important to remember that the comic was written 30 years ago! Laws have changed here in Japan as well.

Completely missed this. Crazy to think that toddler’s a grown-rear end man.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

lol

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Just catching up jumping on to Rex Morgan. Who is the dude in the cast and why does he hate the good doctor?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Hoo boy, that’s a handful. ‘24’s the year for it, I guess.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

The Kevin and Kelly world is so confusing. there are rabbits working in a company that makes money by selling rabbit meat and these are the same or different rabbits?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

What in tarnation

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

So I wanted to understand the Kevin and Kell world a bit better, and started to read the background. And, uh :wtc:

quote:

Kevin and Kell takes place in a town called Domain, populated entirely by animals. According to the comic, its world was created by an organization of birds, commonly referred to by fans of the comic as the "Great Bird Conspiracy" (GBC). Birds were the next species after humans to reach sapience. After humans left the planet, the birds traveled back in time to create a world without humans, and gave intelligence to fauna. However, their plan to remove the predator-prey relationship failed and as a result, the world created is similar to that of twenty-first century Earth, but with a greater likelihood of a violent death.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Prince Valiant needs a map, because going to Baghdad from Jerusalem through Damascus abd Aleppo was sure a choice, even in the Middle Ages.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Angular Cyrus posted:

The Phantom: The Mysterious Chain

So happy white man and his dad were there to stop the savages murdering each other.

Seriously though, thanks for dredging this up.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Is Mary Worth about something? It’s been 5 days of her talking how Mustache Marine is great, then they had a sing a long and now the storyline across at least two strips is everyone leaving home for the evening.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

My 6- month old does everything he can to avoid falling asleep, and the more exhausted he gets, the more hyper he becomes until he just collapses. It’s wonderful/infuriating/exhausting.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

Yeah, ok, sure. Good tips. Babies zooming at light speed towards edges/electrical outlets/furious cats the second you look away are a thing.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I can see that happening

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I’ve been loving all the weirdo Korean comics over the years.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Another vote for Comic Strips 2024: PA-SHI

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Holy poo poo, that Prince Valiant sure brought the sixties back.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Comic Strips 2024: I Diddum weawise just how wonewy

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Kinda surprised by this one, as Andrzej Krasinski is a proper Polish first and last name and it reads like “Crushinski”, too.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Sally Forth could do a guest appearance in Rex Morgan - drop by Andrzej’s table while he’s off to have a poo poo and ask why he’s not there, both strips could get a solid 6 months out of it.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Is Mark Trail one of those situations where the cartoonist is having a stroke or is just so old they’re having a problem drawing basic pictures? Because drat, that punch.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

I was thinking of that, but I couldn't remember enough of the details so I went with the fights with the fanbase. Which was a pretty funny story, he gave the villain of the story the same name as a poster from here, then pushed him off a cliff-top. RIP, goon.

Holy poo poo :captainpop:

Edit: found Allen’s twitter, guy’s completely off the Breitbart deep end

Mokotow fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Vargo posted:

Give me a link to that poo poo, I have been wondering what he does now that his handle isn't literally "@theREALMarkTrail"

https://x.com/AdventurStudios?s=20

There you go, enjoy the latest from James Allen, Reuben nominated artist