Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Haifisch posted:

It's almost certainly just going to be a "kid has crush on adult who was nice to them, maybe some hijinks ensue but it's all from the kid's end, it's all harmless" story.

He has, this is the first time I remember him getting an actual arc though.

I don't remember "Heart=Throb" from when I was reading Curtis in the 90's, but he's definitely been slotted into the position that Gunk was back then.in the strips I've seen posted in the thread, with Gunk backburnered.

Is this the first time we've seen "Heart-Throb's" first name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Hostile V posted:

Neverending Child Adventures

Is there a reference I'm missing in the punch line here?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

"... no, look, just for once, ignore the sad piano refrain, and talk to me. Please."

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Julet Esqu posted:

2.88 is what they were going for and the approximately is there so they don't get sued if some pedantic gently caress measures one at 2.86. You're a loving lawyer, dickhead.

I'd also think it was just a conversion from metric for a product that sells globally.

That said, 2.88 inches circumference (about 0.91 inches diameter) is very small for a hand scrubber. I'd probably have to pinch it with two fingers instead of holding it as depicted.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

I can only hope that "Communicates almost entirely through knowing, enigmatic smiles" applies to everyone who works for the Witch-Queen.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Hippocrass posted:

He was born there. Because His mother was also a human who came through a trans-dimensional portal.
Then turned into a rabbit.

He started out as a vaguely defined furry thing, and just became human spontaneously because Holbrook is a hack.

And the other major character who is actually a human who came through a trans-dimensional portal is Lindesfarne.

It is currently unknown why her daughter Turvy has not spontaneously turned into a human.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Hostile V posted:

oh hooray are the good immigrants going to foil a terror attack.

I think this might wind up being a callback to a story a decade or so back where some carnivores got lost in the rabbit warren, got doused in rabbit pheremones, and wound up living in that society as rabbits for the rest of their lives.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Drimble Wedge posted:

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

"Oh, no. We've introduced him to other instruments as well. We always expected him to grow beyond the piano."

maltesh
May 20, 2004

.html isn't a valid top-level domain, so obviously, the link won't work. Also, $20 seems too low. to help someone in hard times. Slylock should offer to send a couple thousand dollars worth apple gift cards to the email address or transfer a similar amount of cash through Western Union.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Given the way she's tied... looks like Heloise is about to smack the back of her head into the cliff.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

If there are zero things I know about D&D, it's that rolling 1 on a D20 is a "critical hit."

But I know at least one thing, and that is that Holbrook doesn't do marginal research.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 27, 2024

maltesh
May 20, 2004

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

"A built-in radiothermal generator, that is. But don't worry, I'll just use my secret DNA powers to cure any cancer you get."

maltesh
May 20, 2004

amigolupus posted:

Hang on, she's going on a vacation to Mermaidsville and film it. That's going to raise a lot of questions from the viewers about how she turner herself into a half-fish monstrosity, right? Wasn't DNA Wizard keeping the existence of her inventing shapeshifting potions a secret because she doesn't trust anyone else other than herself not to abuse that knowledge?

Mermaid Queen's Trapeze-obsessed Human husband and son became merpeople when husband became UN envoy to the mermaids once the mermaids went public after the Mars trip. It's presumably public knowledge that someone has the ability to turn humans into mermaids.

Given that the Mermaid Queen was publicly believed to be human when the Mars trip started, I'm guessing that the public think it's the mermaids that know how to do this.

That said, yeah, I would absolutely expect "This is how I (and my crew, because who films a documentary with one person?) became mermaids" to be part of the documentary's additional material, if not part of the documentary itself. They can lie about it, of course...

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Turvy's giving me flashbacks of Chelonia, the woman with the sauropod neck from Safe Havens On the Fastrack.

"We've had this conversation before, Turvy. Please stop bringing it up. Enjoy your reception."

maltesh fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 10, 2024

maltesh
May 20, 2004

If I'm not mistaken, your entire civilization was created by birds. Though, I guess nobody in the presented comic knows that.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

davidspackage posted:

The Keypad Kid is Kancelled

Decided to check, the last post to the blogspot page was in 2014, and the last post to the facebook page looks to have been in 2016. There are a few likes from Charles Boyce on the Facebook posts, and a couple comments from another individual who's probably involved in the Keypad Kid Project in some capacity , and that's pretty much it.

I'm honestly surprised Boyce kept promoting it for so long.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

CannonFodder posted:

ngl, the 64 crayon set was awesome as a kid.

It came with a goddam CRAYON SHARPENER.

Screw it. I'm a grown rear end man now, with my own money. I'm buying one.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Mokotow posted:

Holy poo poo :captainpop:

If I recall correctly, it was even wilder. The character's obsession with yetis was put down to complications from diabetes, and when an avalanche dropped tons of ice and snow atop him in front of Mark Trail,. Mark Trail didn't look for him or alert the authorities. In the words of the Newspaper Spider-Man Thread, Mark Trail hosed off and went home.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

this is overboard, i would not be surprised if there were explicit instructions to "make sure the skunks are brown and tan, you know, like skunks are"

I can't even blame the colorist for it, given the octopus and the right whale. Seriously, it's like the artist is a medieval illustrator working from descriptions written down a century ago by someone who overheard a guy telling someone else about what his sailor friend thought they were like.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 28, 2024

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Technowolf posted:

Oh loving hell, these assholes again?

Yeah, what the hell? I thought the Bird Illuminati left for the distant past? Why are they back to mess with Dethany Samantha Lindesfarne?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

You have a youth potion that 100% works on mice with no side effects, since we've been shown you using that youth potion on lab mice that you planned to keep experimenting on.

If I recall correctly, we were shown this a few weeks before the plantification reveal.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

Welcome to 1995, where we have to explain what a screen saver is, and what the desktop trash can is, just in case.

Guessing it's the "Bad Dog!" Screensaver?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3DbPSIiLvE&t=830s

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Kennel posted:

Paperboy being paid by the customers sounds like really inconvenient system.

It absolutely was, and I super hated collecting every month. I never had anyone who really put it off, thankfully, but keeping track of everyone's checks and cash was annoying and there were only like maybe forty people on my route.

I'm not sure if it was a top-down decision from my local paper to have everyone pay-by-mail, but I was glad for it when it happened.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Hostile V posted:

badcomicscore

I mean, they could just eat him. like Miranda was planning to before she realized she'd met him. Or kill him and sell the meat.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Wilbur: "I have some fish that have also failed to get me women, Estelle. I was hoping you'd take them in, too."

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Vargo posted:

These strips where Curtis explains a comic he found online make me angry for reasons I truly cannot articulate.

You're reading Crankshaft, Curtis.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

What about the Martian mermaids who tried to murder the main cast with a meteorite during the Mars mission? Your son is married to one of them. Did the terraforming kill them all off, or did they just go no contact for justified reasons?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

amigolupus posted:

Love to waste billions of tax dollars and resources just to periodically send the monster-spawn I left on Mars supplies to keep them thriving and gently caress up the planet some more.

Fastrack, Inc funded the original. Mars Mission, so I assumed that they were sending the resupplies...for some reason.

Though I guess taxpayers did foot the bill for rescuing the Mars Crew with a refurbished space shuttle when the Mars Crew lost their spacecraft (and all existing samples of an untainted Mars) through their own incompetence in low earth orbit, because this setting where a company can (almost) successfully pull off a two-year Mars mission in a spacecraft with an interior the size of a small apartment building, no other options exist to get extra people off the ISS.

And yeah, my vote is for keeping the Holbrook comics.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Don't you run an ISP out of your basement, Kevin?

If everyone in your house can't be online simultaneously, what are you even doing?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

"Well, the ice melted unevenly, and the statue slid off the base and nearly hit Count Weirdly's hairy kid. And well, things snowballed from there.. In retrospect, we probably should have ordered the base made with removable anchorpoints for cables."

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Kavak posted:

I took communion by accident at the Catholic school where my mother worked (They had an attached church). It didn't taste like anything and she stopped me before I took the wine.

Same, I was a non-catholic student at a Catholic grade school. Nobody really cared except some of the other kids in the class.

Ordered some communion wafers to eat during the Superbowl. Probably would do that more often, if they weren't so expensive, and I had a good recipe to use them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

His mom is from our universe and turned into a rabbit in Hellverse. He was born human and not rabbit because Holbrook understands DNA as well as Konami does reasons.

And Danielle was murdering and eating people within a week or two of being transported to Hellworld, turning into a rabbit, and being mistaken for her dead counterpart.

I think she eventually got a memory dump from her counterpart's ghost, I'm not sure.

Lindesfarne is also a human who came through the portal, with the primary difference being that it happened to Lindesfarne as an infant, which is presumably part of the reason why Turvy has not spontaneously become human.