Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nicely done! I will not be posting 1940’s Nancy or Pluggers. If anyone wants to take them up, go for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I haven't been in these threads for the past few years but here's something interesting I found (also looked the name of this up in SA's search just to check to see if it got posted before and it seemingly hasn't in these threads): The Fantastic Funnies, a tv special from 1980 (produced by the people who made the Peanuts specials) going over various popular comic strips of the time, including the very first animated appearance of Garfield; features a bunch of comics you probably wouldn't have heard of if it weren't for these threads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnZodlc0UyE

I'm only 3 minutes in and there's already nightmare fuel:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Going back to the old FOOB threads, I totally forgot that the strips were animated with blinking eyes. That first thread really picked up on a classic with the firefighter strip

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Kevin & Kell really is a hellworld, isn't it? I tended to skip past it. Now I can't look away.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

:911:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I'd be curious to see the stats of how many doctor's visits Ed has per month

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Sensibly chuckling at Ms. Pacifist Man

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I AM GRANDO posted:

What is the relationship between Hungary and erlenmeyer flasks?

Jucika's going to Subspace :sg:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

The overly generic use of "my neighbor" and "our neighbor" in both of these strips bug me for some reason. Nobody talks like this!

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Mary Worth Presents: Big Keef Dribin'

Another work sketch of the thread's favourite leg of ham/sociopath, but I worked it up into a 'real' drawing this time.

(Slightly larger version)

Also I just peeked at today's Sunday strip and ohhhhhhh boy.

:five:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

jesus christ that moustache on Michael is naassssty.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Phew! That was a close one. We almost had a plot.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Wow, I completely forgot about Working Daze and how horrible it was.

Bring it back.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

riderchop posted:

Zippy The Pinhead

Checks out:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

oh no

gosh I cant wait to see what sort of wackiness Intelligent Life has for us!

manero
Jan 30, 2006

riderchop posted:

Zippy The Pinhead

Comic Strips 2024: At least a chortle by th' last panel!

riderchop posted:

It's time.

:fireman:

e: Besides this, and the house fire, are there any other notable events? How many years do we go before we revisit the house fire?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

:females: except "College students"

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I'm waiting for the dogs to blink

manero
Jan 30, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

December 26, 2023:

It kicked off a day of "I remember that strip" discussion; a few "It's fine" posts, a lot of "Ugh what was the deal with her and jalapenos" talk, but mostly "I hate that baby." After seeing

I took up the challenge (And promised to quote the post when the turn came.) We're all trapped in this Hell of our own making together, I'm just doing my part.

At least 50% of hanging out in this thread is being involved in the shared suffering.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Comic Strips 2024: minimum brains required

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Anyone have metrics on how many times Ed visits the doctor every month?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Anyone else remember those Weepull things that you could win as a prize for selling x amount of merchandise? Maybe that was just my school district, but the stuff was pretty cheap: a cotton ball with googly eyes glued onto them.

I do now! I would not have ever remembered those things unless someone else had mentioned them.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

:staredog:

:wtc:

Nice to see the return of The Dinette Set!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

This is the perfect setup for a rickroll