Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Ambitious Spider posted:

I remember Philadelphia are conservative doofus Michael smerconish complaining on his radio show about a Neil young show where he spoke out against bush and the invasion of Iraq.

And like dude it’s Neil young what did you expect?

He also complained whenever 24 would have a non terrorist Muslim.

I may just have invented this memory whole cloth, but I feel like at one point Bush the Elder used "Rockin' in the Free World" on the campaign trail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

some kinda jackal posted:

True true.

I think I meant quietly like in an introspective way that you kind of gloss over something regularly but inside it's actually building up pressure until one day you're just slapped in the face with the realization that you've been reading literally the same cartoon for years. I'm not sure I've ever had something so inoffensive trigger such a strong reaction in me before lol

I think it's because Stantis, either deliberately or otherwise, excels at straddling that line between "Making a point" and "Not."
Like, he will get right to the very edge of the line and get so tantalizingly close to making a point, and just as we all think he's on the cusp of "getting it," he manages to do a quadruple backflip away from the point and go right back to tepid white noise.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

VitalSigns posted:

"Inflation is terrible!"
"Look at all these cheap goods I just bought!"

:psyduck:

Shouldn't the punchline be something like "you wouldn't believe what Carter-era buttons are going for these days!"

Now now, that's coming dangerously close to a joke.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Tory divisions over Rishi Sunak’s smoking ban proposals – Liz Truss was among prominent Conservatives who voted against the prime minister’s tobacco and vapes bill"

Telegraph:

Bank of England used inflation forecast based on pencil drawing, says former chief economist

Matt:

Independent:

Rwanda bill: Defiant Lords back Afghan heroes and refuse to pass Sunak’s plan to deport asylum seekers; Up to parents to discipline children, says minister on smacking ban call

Times:

Evening Standard:

'Give us a summer vote': Most want general election in just months, says exclusive Ipsos poll

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Remember when earlier this year, Green Day caught a lot of heat for being anti-MAGA? Do people like Stiglich not pay attention to the political views of celebrities?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
When somebody praises the politician I like they are simply telling it like it is, noble souls unable to endure the injustice of the politician I dislike for a moment longer. It only makes sense that they would bring up what we're all thinking.

Sigh, why would somebody mention politician I dislike to praise them. Must politics infect everything? I only ask for sincere entertainment that does not reflect any possible world view.

The answer is always that they're dishonest.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

JamesBont posted:

Remember when earlier this year, Green Day caught a lot of heat for being anti-MAGA? Do people like Stiglich not pay attention to the political views of celebrities?

To quote Nirvana

He's the one
Who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he knows not what it means

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Once again Stantis has messed up and wrote actual jokes with punchlines and everything.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Remember that Stantis doesn’t even draw the comic. He just sends a script to Allie, so you’re seeing the output of a man with an almost unfettered creative process.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Bondi Junction stabbing: French man who confronted attacker with bollard to receive permanent residency (Guardian).

Rowe:

China hits out at Australia’s ‘Cold War mentality’ after new defence strategy unveiled (news.com.au)

Wilcox:

Katauskas:

Knight:

HECS = Higher Education Contribution Scheme. HECS debt expected to grow more than 4pc as high indexation continues (ABC).

Spooner:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Neito posted:

I may just have invented this memory whole cloth, but I feel like at one point Bush the Elder used "Rockin' in the Free World" on the campaign trail.

He in fact did, and Young was publicly angry about it, just like Mellencamp and Spirngsteen were publicly angry about Reagan using "Pink Houses" and "Born in the USA" for his ads.

JamesBont posted:

Remember when Paul Ryan said that Rage Against the Machine was his favorite band? Lots of people pay no attention whatsoever to the politics of the groups they listen to, they just like the music, even when they're the literal embodiment of the machine the group is raging against (Tom Morello's joke, not mine).

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Uh oh, he forgot the sacred teleprompter that he's forced into every single cartoon so far. In leaving out part of Biden's regalia, I believe that means his life is officially forfeit.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Wait, who's "big guy"? Usually it's codename for "Jews", but currently conservatives are pretending they are not antisemitic, so I am confused.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

The world's most influential rage-filled narcissist points his mass of followers in the direction of a judge's daughter and he expects said daughter's reaction to the guy to be anything other than "gently caress you and the horse you came in on"? Why? You can understand people serving their own selfish interests in petty, spiteful ways. You're really good at that in fact.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Szarrukin posted:

Wait, who's "big guy"? Usually it's codename for "Jews", but currently conservatives are pretending they are not antisemitic, so I am confused.

This is part of the disproven Hunter Biden Ukrainian corruption allegations in which the “big guy” is joe Biden getting his cut.

You may not have heard about it because it was less common than another supposed nickname that was getting spread around. There were some charts of the alleged conspiracy, I can’t remember where… try an image search for “Hunter Biden Big Hog.”

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 19, 2024

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Christopher Weyant

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David M. Hitch

Dude agreed not to write for other outlets and then did, but I I guess [checks notes] contract law is a liberal thing now.

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Wow, President Biden must be loving rad!

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Aaaaaaaany day now...

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Kirk Walters

You mean, like, the guy who raised the complaint in the first place? (I guess he quit like a giant baby, though.)

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Marty Two Bulls

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Mike Smith

Paul Berge

Pedro X. Molina

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

It would help if maybe your soldiers didn't shoot them.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pedro X. Molina

There's not a category for "worst fake Cyrillic" but oh my word this is awful.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Stultus Maximus posted:

There's not a category for "worst fake Cyrillic" but oh my word this is awful.

Gyaouid, Sed, Diya, US Coigyaess

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hitch is so ugly and in this one he just added heaps more talking heads for no reason, to signify a universe where everyone has a big head and permanently has their mouth open with DreamWorks face.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I wish that one doom edit were an actual mod

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

"Inflation is terrible!"
"Look at all these cheap goods I just bought!"

:psyduck:

Shouldn't the punchline be something like "you wouldn't believe what Carter-era buttons are going for these days!"

it's more "gerald ford was a bad president and the WIN program was silly"

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

idonotlikepeas posted:

Christopher Weyant

I wish a sensible politician that has good management skills and a progressive policy agenda gets elected president in the next election and has 2, full, successful terms with a supportive congress.

Boom! Can't twist that wish and I got around your stupid restrictions.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

logger posted:

I wish a sensible politician that has good management skills and a progressive policy agenda gets elected president in the next election and has 2, full, successful terms with a supportive congress.

Boom! Can't twist that wish and I got around your stupid restrictions.

They got elected in Serbia.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Goldilocks Meets Civilian Death Toll

Ted Rall posted:

What causes a tipping point? At what point did Israel go too far in its wildly brutal bombing campaign against the civilian population of Gaza? Somewhere during the past month, but it’s hard to see why then.

First Dog on the Moon: The Devil comet! Will it crash into the Earth and destroy civilisation? Sadly, no

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Literally just making fun of a speech impediment. I hope he gets hit by a car.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

I like how he had to include "on the tax payers", can't risk the audience not understanding your grievance in your grievance comic.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

*vaporises two entire cities*

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

...Wasn't it Trump who notably would call for a round of free food for everyone in the area and then would slip away without paying, or did I confuse him with a different awful Republican politician?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

$1.5 trillion added to the deficit with no way to pay for it as soon as Trump got into office in a blatant massive giveaway to the wealthy. The majority of the current deficit coming from you guys doing this poo poo three out of three times when you get a grand slam in an election. Shut the gently caress up about that forever- the Dems might decide one day they like winning and blast you for this like they should've been doing this entire time

Speaking of, it's not just me being an especially brilliant tactician right, I would think everyone else in this thread can see really drat obvious things the Dems could be using but aren't. People actually are dumb enough to buy into the idea of Republicans being the ones not giving all of your money away hard enough to vote for them in part

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 19, 2024

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

skeleton warrior posted:

He in fact did, and Young was publicly angry about it, just like Mellencamp and Spirngsteen were publicly angry about Reagan using "Pink Houses" and "Born in the USA" for his ads.

The thing that made me doubt it was that the song mocks two lines from Bush Sr. speeches ("A thousand points of light/for the homeless man" and "We got a kinder, gentler machine gun hand"), and I just didn't think anyone could be that stupid.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Microplastics posted:

*vaporises two entire cities*
Not to mention *creates internment camps to Japanese Americans, seizing their property and forcing them to live as prisoners*

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ZeeToo posted:

...Wasn't it Trump who notably would call for a round of free food for everyone in the area and then would slip away without paying, or did I confuse him with a different awful Republican politician?

Yep, he was so quick to leave that one time he left one of his stooges behind who was still waiting for his own order.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

I never understood how "buying votes" became an actual phrase. "Oh no, the president is doing something that the people who voted for him wanted him to do! What an rear end in a top hat!"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s plan to restrict cigarette sales – The prime minister has faced opposition from some Tory MPs over a law to ban people born after 2009 from buying tobacco"

Telegraph:

Ukraine bill backers should fight on front line, says Republican

Matt:

Police look at claims that Tory MP called aide at 3am to ask for £5,000 to pay ‘bad people’

Independent:

Times:

After Cruikshank.

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak vows crackdown on 'sick note culture' with new benefit rules to get fit people back to work

Stephen Collins:

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Another 3/10 Collins

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

tut

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Byzantine posted:

They got elected in Serbia.

Curses! Foiled again.

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

The attack on Pearl Harbor was followed almost immediately by a declaration of war by the Japanese Empire. If Ramirez wants us to declare war anytime we are threatened than we should have declared war after the USS Liberty was attacked by Israel during the 6-Day-War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Goldilocks Meets Civilian Death Toll

The sudden shift in support all looks weird and arbitrary to people like Rall (and most of this forum really) but he's focused on the wrong number. It's not "Number of civilians dead" that made everyone have a crisis of conscience over what's being done with our tax dollars, it's "Number of continuous days the Middle East has been in the news" that made everyone worry that we've entered another meaningless quagmire that will never end and that made everyone worry about their stocks