Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

The Trump train has derailed and is going to crash even though it looks like it is gaining momentum, and its demise is being fueled by all the lawsuits being piled on at the same time. AGC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"The abortion ban weighs heavily on Trump"

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Wow, this cartoon has a lot more dark-skinned people than Knight usually draws! Maybe he's trying to be more progressive.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Bob demonstrating that once you believe a critical mass of conspiracy nonsense you attract more

Or he's saying that we all need to fly less (he's not)

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Looking back on his twitter feed for any more recent comics and there's nothing but the occasional repost going back to his godawful not-antisemitic-i-promise "Kosher" cartoon in January. dude's slacking off. drat kids these days don't want to work

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lol if he got scared into silence by the AS accusations, rather than doing a Tats and just getting worse and worse

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Chris Riddell on the zombie Tory government falling apart at the seams – The Conservatives are obsessed by Angela Rayner and immigrants. And then there’s MP Mark Menzies…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Peers and MPs ‘will sit and vote’ until Rwanda Bill passed, says Sunak

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Bob demonstrating that once you believe a critical mass of conspiracy nonsense you attract more

Or he's saying that we all need to fly less (he's not)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So the duck doesn't like people making fancy orders, or being conscientious with their purchases, but he also doesn't like not being able to choose, or... statistical analysis?

"Everyone should just like normal stuff, like what I like."
"Nooo how did they guess what basic rear end poo poo I'd like??"

:lmao:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kellies Nomination: best edit/parody

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Courtesy of one of the Webcomic Threads:

Synthbuttrange posted:

Vanish Coast by Pat Grant.

Bit of Australian gothic for ya, mate.

A bit more long-form but undeniably political with its message on gentrification.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Speaking of doing a Tats and just getting worse and worse, it's time once more for

Ah, so he clearly had some kind of stroke.

It's nice that we're taking a brief break from the antisemitism to bash trans people again. Wait, that's not nice at all! THAT'S NOT NICE AT A-

Man, it costs WAY more than that to ride a senator.

Assorted right-wing talking points, the cartoon. Particularly fond of "actually has more than four brain cells" Trump here.

Hooooooooo boy. We're going here, huh? Okay, we're going here. First off, the main way they accomplished this feat was by being completely fictional. Hyperborea is not a real thing; it is, as I'm sure all of you will find very surprising, a Nazi dogwhistle. It was originally a hypothetical Greek northern land of the same genus as Atlantis; a mythical foreign place where demigods walked around openly, but which can't be easily reached. (That's why it's called "Hyperborea", in fact; Boreas was the North Wind, so Hyperborea is Further North.) I may get into this a little more at the end of the week. Second, the vikings are well known as being immigrants du jour. They went everywhere and frequently integrated with the local populations (and yes, also killed a bunch of them). Look up "The Viking Expansion" if you're curious about this. Starting an anti-immigration narrative with Vikings is incredibly ironic.

"Books bad," said the person who writes for a living.

:umberto: (The Jews are so weak! Except the way in which they control everything and have all the power.)

OK, so, that tripartite leaf-looking doohickey on the hammer at the end there is called a triquetra. It's an extremely common symbol on old Norse artifacts, as well as Celtic ones (in fact, similar symbols show up all over the world). Like the valknut, another popular Norse symbol consisting of interlocking triangles, it has regrettably been appropriated by, well, straight-up loving Nazis. Not even metaphorical Nazis or neo-Nazis or anything, this goes back to immediate post-WW2 poo poo. It also appears on the hammer of Thor in the Marvel movies, so this is a double reference here; the Jewish child is unable to lift Thor's hammer because of his unworthiness, while the young Aryan girl is able to because racial purity IS worthiness. Combine this with the reference to Hyperborea earlier in the week, and you can see Tatsuya dipping straight into Esoteric Hitlerism (AKA Esoteric Naziism), the belief that Hitler was a divine being and that the history of Naziism was rooted in literal loving magic.

This is too large and complicated a subject for me to get into in any depth right now, but your esoterics have historically believed that the people of Hyperborea were perfect humans or, according to some proponents, actual space aliens. No, seriously, Marvel didn't just pull that out of their asses. (Look up Robert Charroux if you're curious about that one.) Modern proponents of Naziism have stitched a bunch of these completely insane ideas together into a sort of patchwork white-person history to justify, you know, whatever needs justifying today. Ultimately, in this belief system, the Hyperboreans were destroyed by mixing with the lesser races in an important historical lesson whose moral will not have escaped anyone reading this. Hitler's Third Reich was, of course, an attempt to reconstruct this golden age, and he would have gotten away with it, too, if weren't for those meddling Jews. I swear, every time I think Ishida has found the bottom of the barrel, he just keeps scraping his way into a new layer. (Incidentally, there are a lot of neopagans who are really upset about their holy symbols being appropriated by racists, so be a little careful about rushing to judge people who use those unless they include things like, well, antisemitism or jerking off about Hyperborea.)

Pettyfest

Someone on r/sinfest also noted that the forums seem to have completely disappeared. This is true, at least at the moment; the forums link from the comic now leads to an error message.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I know it’s very common, but I’m always shocked when a non-white goes full white nationalist.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like tats might be headed into “Christianity is a Jewish conspiracy to keep us from worshipping odin” territory.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
'Judenhass' is what it was originally called before the whole pseudoscientific race categorization movement sprung up.

You'd think Tats would know this given his intense study of the whole pseudoscientific race categorization movement.

Again, the only time in Olympic history this has ever been proven to have happened was Berlin '36, the athlete was in the Hitler Youth, and they got their documents falsified by the Nazi Party and replaced a Jewish woman who was disqualified.

He came fourth.

That's your guy Tats, your Aryan superman.

Remember when he was still into "we're in the holographic matrix and the devil is using tech to make people trans" and there was hot debate whether the settings gear was a Star of David or not.

I suppose at least we don't have to question whether there might be some subtle antisemitism in the strip now.

idonotlikepeas posted:

"Books bad," said the person who writes for a living.
:umberto:
• The cult of action for action’s sake. “Action being beau­ti­ful in itself, it must be tak­en before, or with­out, any pre­vi­ous reflec­tion. Think­ing is a form of emas­cu­la­tion.”
• Every­body is edu­cat­ed to become a hero. “In Ur-Fas­cist ide­ol­o­gy, hero­ism is the norm. This cult of hero­ism is strict­ly linked with the cult of death.”
• Machis­mo and weapon­ry. “Machis­mo implies both dis­dain for women and intol­er­ance and con­dem­na­tion of non­stan­dard sex­u­al habits, from chasti­ty to homo­sex­u­al­i­ty.”

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

This is your reminder that horned helmets are dumb and vikings didn't use them for actual fighting, and that's probably the first thing you learn if you actually look into viking history.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Someone on r/sinfest also noted that the forums seem to have completely disappeared. This is true, at least at the moment; the forums link from the comic now leads to an error message.

PHPBB seems to be up but with all boards inaccessible, could be something went wrong server-side and he doesn't have backups or know how to roll back. RIP to that one, single guy who kept posting the comic to an empty forum where nobody reacted to it, your services will most likely be forgotten.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
It's almost becoming impressive the way Ishida is just running through all of this poo poo now. I wasn't expecting him to go into the Norse/Celtic rabbit hole, at least not this suddenly

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"You know who kept to themselves and had a perfect racially homogenous society that was only disturbed when other people went to and mixed with them? Famous non-invaders, the Vikings." Sure, invasion isn't immigration but I don't think I'm gonna hand Tatsuya Ishida the benefit of the doubt on anything.

Extra funny because now I recall at the time that Vikings were the dangerous invading race mixers because of concern they were tempting women folk away with their weird magics like basic hygiene.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

I AM GRANDO posted:

I know it’s very common, but I’m always shocked when a non-white goes full white nationalist.

He is like Uncle Rukus after he gets a vision of white man's heaven.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Clerical Terrors posted:

This is your reminder that horned helmets are dumb and vikings didn't use them for actual fighting, and that's probably the first thing you learn if you actually look into viking history.
Also that they fought all the time. There was a lot of battles in Scandinavia during the viking era. The vikings did not have laws against immigration, but their most important text, Håvamål, talks about how you should treat travelers:

Fire is needed by the newcomer
Whose knees are frozen numb;
Meat and clean linen a man needs
Who has fared across the fells,

Water, too, that he may wash before eating,
Handcloth's and a hearty welcome,
Courteous words, then courteous silence
That he may tell his tale,

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Vikings themselves were immigrants to various places in Europe. Sometimes more welcome than at others, like when the Franks asked a group to settle in Normandy and protect the coast and that way Paris from raiders. They mixed with the local population for centuries and the result was Normans who then immigrated to more places. Ishida constantly gets every single detail wrong, but what can you expect from a know-nothing nazi boob.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Ambitious Spider posted:

Looks like tats might be headed into “Christianity is a Jewish conspiracy to keep us from worshipping odin” territory.

Skios posted:

To me, it gave off the vibe of someone who had fallen down the particular brand of far-right thinking that claims that Christianity (or at least mainstream Christianity) is a 'cucked religion' for having all that stuff about loving your neighbours and welcoming strangers.

Called that back in February, dude is in full Aryan Mysticism bullshit mode. Also, nice subtle joke with the first comic, the answer to the Jewish Question = SS.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Golding:

Broelman:

Government declares Australia 'is not going to be bullied by Elon Musk' after X refuses to remove harmful Wakeley material (ABC).

Badiacao:

Lethbridge:

Chinese swimmers competed at Tokyo Olympics despite positive drug tests (news.com.au).

Knight 1:

'Bollard Man' reportedly offered permanent residency after Bondi Junction bravery (SBS News).

Knight 2:

Spooner:

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Again, the only time in Olympic history this has ever been proven to have happened was Berlin '36, the athlete was in the Hitler Youth, and they got their documents falsified by the Nazi Party and replaced a Jewish woman who was disqualified.

If that was even the case, according to to investigations by Der Spiegel it's possible Ratjen was intersex, and certainly had been raised as a woman before the Nazi Party had gained power.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Why does this take place in a medieval European town

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Hihohe posted:

Why does this take place in a medieval European town
I've got no idea. I guess it's meant to be a town square, which Australia doesn't really have (too dangerous for the colonies, promotes rebellion).

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Hey not to make this a race thing but maybe Tatsuya Ishida should take a break from sucking off made up, imagined Nazi glory about Nordic people and look in the mirror or something idk just thinking out loud here

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Maybe Tatsuya Ishida will go out like Yukio Mishima did

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

We'll know poo poo has really gone off the rails if Ishida starts talking about "Holy Russia" and restoring the rightful Tsar Alexei.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Baby 2024 has been rescued by the noble people of Greater Tartaria and their secret empire within the hollow Earth.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gen. Ripper posted:

We'll know poo poo has really gone off the rails if Ishida starts talking about "Holy Russia" and restoring the rightful Tsar Alexei.

I can imagine that Ishida is constantly hearing the ticking of a clock tbh

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Amjad Rasmi

Carlos Latuff

Clay Bennett

David M. Hitch

Drew Sheneman

Jimmy Margulies

Lee Judge

Phil Hands

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ambitious Spider posted:

Yeah, remember when church was briefly good back when he was first becoming a homophobic anti-sex conservative.

Looks like he's gone past that and fully into "Christianity is slave theology" territory

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Nenonen posted:

Vikings themselves were immigrants to various places in Europe. Sometimes more welcome than at others, like when the Franks asked a group to settle in Normandy and protect the coast and that way Paris from raiders. They mixed with the local population for centuries and the result was Normans who then immigrated to more places. Ishida constantly gets every single detail wrong, but what can you expect from a know-nothing nazi boob.

I think "immigrated to other places" is a very generous description of the invasion of Britain.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Just pre-emptively calling jurors biased, cool cool
They've done this literally every time, I think. Trial hasn't even concluded and they're so scared they might lose they're already laying the ground work for "see I knew it was rigged". Great confidence.

just the dumbest gently caress in the land

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Aww is the pissy duck mad that shipping vegan food from the other side of the planet has a lower carbon footprint than eating local meat and dairy?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Pro-Rape From A to Z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Gary Markstein