Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

There are probably better ways to phrase this.

That's almost exactly what they are though. People who deliberately hang out near a protest, desperately try to attract media attention, and cry about being in danger. They are actors pretending there is a crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

There's always some weirdos to be found, like that outright theocrat kid that got featured in some nepobaby's column.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think I've seen more fw: fw: fw: edits of this Varvel than any other recent politoon.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Guavanaut posted:

I think I've seen more fw: fw: fw: edits of this Varvel than any other recent politoon.

are they also using 32 bits to store the jpeg

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Conservatives whipping up fear of migrants – Rishi Sunak is desperate to get his Rwanda bill passed and to ‘stop the boats’"

Telegraph:

After Ford Madox Brown.

Matt:

Met chief Sir Mark Rowley defends sergeant who made ‘openly Jewish’ remarks

Times:

Evening Standard:

Rwanda Bill passing through Parliament a ‘landmark moment’, says Cleverly

David Squires:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Cloud Potato posted:

David Squires:

This meetingcartoon should've been an emailblog post.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Cloud Potato posted:

David Squires:

I thought it was leftist who consider wall of text "a meme".

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Dutton said he is going to delay releasing the details of his nuclear policy plan including the cost and location of reactors.

Spooner:

The Australian Council of Trade Unions has called for sanctions on "Israeli officials who have called for the denial of aid, and military and civil servants denying essential food and materials to civilians in Gaza".

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Also Arj Barker and a ‘gurgling’ baby: comedian’s request for mother to leave Melbourne show sparks furore

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David M. Hitch

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Mike Smith

NEMØ

Well, if we ever lose Sinfest, at least we'll have this idiot.

Patrick Chappatte

Rivers

Trump is too old and infirm to kneel properly. A probable cartoon.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

idonotlikepeas posted:

NEMØ

Well, if we ever lose Sinfest, at least we'll have this idiot.

I was confused when I read that NEMØ was 'neither right nor left' but now I see what they meant by it was, "Sometimes I tow the Russian propaganda line, but other times it's more important to be Antisemitic."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

That's not...but the rattles emit...you should turn...ugh. :sigh:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Silent Spring Has Arrived

Ted Rall posted:

Numerous studies are now documenting how natural soundscapes are changing, being disrupted and falling silent. A 2021 study in the journal Nature of 200,000 sites across North America and Europe found “pervasive loss of acoustic diversity and intensity of soundscapes across both continents over the past 25 years, driven by changes in species richness and abundance.” There’s an app for that.

First Dog on the Moon: Last year Voyager 1 started sending 'gibberish code'. It was broken! In space!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

https://www.pgpf.org/the-fiscal-and-economic-challenge/drivers

Oh look one party specifically is responsible for the majority of the deficit through propping up our hosed healthcare system and mostly from their tax cut giveaways to the rich. Alternately, wouldn't it be crazy if any one of these artists ever correctly pointed that out

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The Islamic Shock posted:

https://www.pgpf.org/the-fiscal-and-economic-challenge/drivers

Oh look one party specifically is responsible for the majority of the deficit through propping up our hosed healthcare system and mostly from their tax cut giveaways to the rich. Alternately, wouldn't it be crazy if any one of these artists ever correctly pointed that out

But I once saw a poor person with an iPhone! Clearly, this means that they're not really poor. Also, a friend once told me an anecdote about a coworker who had lunch with someone who said that they once knew a person on welfare with a Mercedes-Benz! And the plural of anecdote is proof that we need to be able to kick poor people in the ribs repeatedly!

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

A genuinely good Ted Rall.

I mean. "Good" by current thread and Ted Rall standards, but, you know.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

oobey posted:

A genuinely good Ted Rall.

I mean. "Good" by current thread and Ted Rall standards, but, you know.

I disagree with this. The book Silent Spring was not making any predictions which have now come true. Silent Spring documents the then-current environmental impacts of spraying with DDT. It was not "this might happen if we're not careful," it was "we are already having silent spring, and it's because of DDT."

He hasn't read the book and doesn't know what it's about. This is a real issue, but this approach is nonsense.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
And it’s still based in cynical inaction.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Ok, fair points. I retract my statement.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Discendo Vox posted:

That's not...but the rattles emit...you should turn...ugh. :sigh:
The cartoonist doesn’t understand how megaphones work.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Unless I'm reading it wrong, this is actually AGC.
Except the computer monitor that says they're making triple digits, because now I'm just picturing someone bragging about making literally hundreds of dollars thanks to insider trading.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

I always appreciate a heady mix of believing in one's own cleverness and overlooking one's own borderline illiteracy.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Just to be clear, this is the same Columbia that called the NYPD and had a bunch of peaceful protesters arrested, is it not? You'd think these assholes would be praising the administration.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

the_steve posted:

Unless I'm reading it wrong, this is actually AGC.
Except the computer monitor that says they're making triple digits, because now I'm just picturing someone bragging about making literally hundreds of dollars thanks to insider trading.

That’s triple digit percentage returns.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Bro what happened to your eyes.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I sort of get what she's trying to say here but it makes no goddamn sense.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s Rwanda mission accomplished – The PM gets through his ‘emergency legislation’ after four-and-a-half months of parliamentary ping-pong"

Telegraph:

War footing as Sunak ramps up defence spending

Matt:

Taylor Swift fans descend on London pub mentioned on her new album

Times:

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

So is Biden a doddering and demented old man, or a malicious mastermind pulling the strings behind the prosecution of Trump? Which is it, Stiglich?

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

JamesBont posted:

So is Biden a doddering and demented old man, or a malicious mastermind pulling the strings behind the prosecution of Trump? Which is it, Stiglich?

:umberto:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Neither rattlesnakes nor bullhorns work this way. Kellies Nomination: Unforced Error

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

JamesBont posted:

Neither, he's a South Vietnamese general.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
everyone in the thread getting riled up by the simple and historic metaphor of a snake yelling loudly at it's tail to get it to rattle.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:: Anzac Day Edition

Pope:

Based on Simpson and his donkey at Gallipoli.

Wilcox:

Spooner:

Anthony Albanese and PNG PM James Marape walk Kokoda Track ahead of Anzac Day (ABC).

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
lol

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

yeah, THATS why Teslas rep is tanking

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

:words:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Someone repost the paradox of tolerance comic, it's gotten very relevant again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Might as well adapt it into a "democratic leaders who intentionally attack their own democracy need to face consequences in order to protect democracy" spin-off comic as well, since some intentionally obtuse people are trying to suggest otherwise.