Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
EDIT: double post, I hosed up, sorry

JamesBont fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
I'm just lumping these three McCoys together because if he's he's going to continue being a lazy gently caress that won't put any effort into his art, then why should I?

"If the economy isn't bad, then why do I say it is? Also, why aren't these voting booths private?" Oh, and of course McCoy can't help himself but draw every woman with a fat rear end.

"But isn't Biden the reason we still have funds for public education?
"I think someone needs to be put in the Verboten corner for speaking against our Grand Emporer Trump!"

TRUMP GAVE US WORLD PEACE?!
https://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0?si=jVh9PSm_x6WWn3VI

JamesBont fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 25, 2024

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Ann Telnaes

Bob Englehart

Carlos Latuff

Christopher Weyant

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

In case anyone is curious, of the last twenty Stahler strips, three have involved people staring at words on a TV while saying something. This number is higher than it ought to be, but lower than I expected it to be.

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Kirk Walters

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Monte Wolverton

Pedro X. Molina

Rick McKee

Rivers

Just straight-up bone-in-nose racist caricatures. But it's cool, it's cool, he's only doing it because of something Biden said, it can't be his fault.

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks those David Hitch cartoons that are just big dumb faces saying big dumb bullshit are just really unpleasant to look at?

Horrendous art style.

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

A protest inconveniencing me? This is worse than a fatal car accident.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Carlos Latuff

Another Singham proxy. Latuff's turning into a great resource to identify international propaganda entities.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Willatron posted:

Am I the only one who thinks those David Hitch cartoons that are just big dumb faces saying big dumb bullshit are just really unpleasant to look at?

Horrendous art style.

They're basically 4chan soyjack memes with slightly more effort that may or may not be getting published in papers. Like, you could replace Hitch's drawn shouting faces with the 4chan poo poo images and nothing about the cartoons would change.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

I really should've refreshed the page first

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Willatron posted:

Horrendous art style.

Yeah, I've mentioned before -- they're the only still images that give me motion sickness

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tom the Dancing Bug by Ruben Bolling

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Gary Markstein

John Deering

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

That was your guy Tom.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a political cartoon.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
World Military Plans To Blow Up The loving Moon

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing
Steve Breen

A Rocket Slime cartoon

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on Rishi Sunak’s pledge to increase defence spending – The prime minister has promised to increase defence spending to 2.5% of GDP and to put the arms industry on a ‘war footing’"

Telegraph:

Labour won’t make same defence spending pledge as Tories, says Thornberry

Matt:

Blood-covered Household Cavalry horses run loose through London

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

"The Standard View: London's mayoral contest is looking much closer"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

You'd think that a puppet master using a cross shaped control bar would have more than two strings going to the puppet, but hey I'm not an acclaimed cartoonist

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm not sure if it is but it almost looks like Biden is wearing the constitution as a bib in that Stiglich.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Kellies nomination: Best Edit

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Katauskas:

Knight:

Leak, Son of Leak:

'Silly' to demand global takedowns: Dutton weighs in on eSafety case (ABC).

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

:quebec:

Godin

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

hell yeah

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

It's good that those folks in the background worked out exactly where to stand to make their signs make sense.

David Horsey

David Horsey posted:

Dave Reichert, the former King County sheriff, member of Congress and current leading Republican contender in the race for governor, says his party “has been taken hostage.”

It may be more like an alien abduction.

The latest evidence of this was the Republican Party’s state convention last week in Spokane. Reichert was passed over for the party’s endorsement in favor of Semi Bird, a political novice whom voters recalled last year from his position on the Richland school board.

Delegates also literally turned their backs on former U.S. Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, who is running for state lands commissioner. Congressman Dan Newhouse was shunned, as well, and the party’s endorsement was given to his right-wing rival, Jerrod Sessler.

Why did these three prominent Republicans not win the backing of their own party? Because they have failed to show abject fealty to former President Donald Trump. Beutler and Newhouse, in particular, were anathema to the majority of the conventioneers because they voted to impeach the ex-president after he aided and abetted the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol and conspired to overturn the 2020 election.

The trio of outcasts are branded as RINOs — Republicans in name only — by many of Trump’s MAGA devotees, but, in any other era, Reichert, Beutler and, especially, Newhouse would be recognized as the solid conservatives that they are. The definition of conservative has morphed in recent years, though. The conservative brand now has far less to do with support of conservative policies than with an attitude of belligerence, grievance, paranoia and fear — the attitude that Trump embodies in his every utterance and encourages in his followers.

The GOP’s MAGA base has moved so far from the rational conservatism of past Republican leaders like Slade Gorton and Jennifer Dunn that they are essentially aliens who have seized the collective mind of the state party and turned it into a personality cult — a party that is truly Republican in name only.

David M. Hitch

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

John Darkow

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Kirk Walters

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Marty Two Bulls

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Mike Smith is 64 years old. Just a random fact I thought I'd mention at this point for no particular reason.

NEMØ

I kind of feel like NEMØ did this cartoon already, but I suspect really it's just that all of their work is kind of a uniform low-grade slurry and it can become difficult to distinguish one globule from another.

Paul Berge

Paul Berge posted:

In an episode of a podcast called "Look Into It" hosted by conspiracy fabulist Eddie Bravo, NFL quarterback Aaron Rodgers claimed that Dr. Anthony Fauci, in cahoots with the Center for Disease Control and the federal government, was responsible for exacerbating the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the 1980's and repeated their strategy with COVID-19.

I don't care to link to the February 23 podcast itself, which is behind a paywall anyway; but this little germ from the three-hour episode escaped the lab last week and went viral on Xitter:

"The blueprint was created in the '80's: create a pandemic, you know, with a virus that's goin' wild. Right? Only — he was given — Fauci was given, like, over $350 million dollars to research this, come up with drug that was new or repurposed to handle the AIDS pandemic, and all they came up with was AZT. And if you do any smidge of research — and I know, I'm not an epidemiologist, I'm not a doctor, I'm not an immunologist, whatever the gently caress — I can read, though, right? — right — I can look things up and I can learn just like any normal person, you know, I can do my own research, which is so vilified, you know, to even question authority — but that was the game plan back then: create an environment where only one thing works. Back then, AZT. Now, rembisivir, remdesivir, until we get a vaccine. Which, by the way, Anthony Fauci had stake in rembirvi vaccine."
Rodgers was repeating false claims by independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. that the CDC suppressed all sorts of supposed cures in order that favored yet fatal medical treatments would hold a monopoly on the HIV/AIDS/COVID market. These claims have been debunked by PolitiFact (and if you're into doing your own research, there are dozens of sources cited at the end of that post).

Dan Wilson, senior associate scientist at Janssen and host of the YouTube show “Debunk the Funk with Dr. Wilson,” said Kennedy’s retelling of the AZT history was “dead wrong.”

Kennedy and Rodgers were “repeating a form of HIV/AIDS denialism, where antiretroviral drugs are said to be ineffective against progression of the virus,” Wilson said. In reality, he said, AZT “was the first time that doctors could do something to help people who (were) wasting away and dying painful deaths.”

Now, I'm all in favor of doing one's own research. It's incumbent upon any responsible editorial cartoonist to check into the veracity of things before whipping off a cartoon about whatever one just heard from a talking head on TV or read in some piece of Xeet on Xitter.

But one must be aware that the internet is programmed to give you confirmation bias. If you google "aliens built pyramids," you will get hundreds of links to articles positing that aliens built the pyramids. (Well, of course they did. Having spent decades traveling light years to visit the only flat planet in the universe, what else were they to do?)

But returning to the topic at hand: As a devoted Green Bay Packers fan, I'm saddened to see Aaron Rodgers follow the Brett Favre playbook of going to the Jets only to becoming a huge embarrassment to everyone who ever rooted for him. The guy is, or at least has been, a bright, intelligent fellow; remember how he whipped Shark Tank's Kevin O'Leary's and astronaut Mark Kelly's butts on Jeopardy! in spite of getting the Final Jeopardy clue about Harley Davidson wrong? You can't credit that to clicker reflexes alone!

That was nine years ago, however; and perhaps it's true that he has been knocked to the turf a couple times since then.

But over his years with the NFL, he has gotten pretty full of himself. In his last years with the Packers, he didn't deign to pre-season practice with the rest of the team, meaning that new receivers and running backs spent half a season getting used to his habits and rhythms. And it showed.

Please, Lord, let Jordan Love model himself after Bart Starr instead.

Pedro X. Molina

Phil Hands

Rick McKee

Rivers

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

idonotlikepeas posted:

Carlos Latuff

It's good that those folks in the background worked out exactly where to stand to make their signs make sense.

Not pictured: sequel cartoon with Nixon and Trump high-fiving.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
boy i spent a lot of time on this DON'T GET AT ALL OUT OF VIETNAM sign, i sure hope nothing happens to change its meaning to a specifically angled observer

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Mike Smith

Mike Smith is 64 years old. Just a random fact I thought I'd mention at this point for no particular reason.

Kellies Nomination: Worst "Gizmos! :argh:"

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: No Assholes, No Cops

Ted Rall posted:

Police departments are having trouble recruiting new cops. There may be an explanation.

First Dog on the Moon: Do you love to read but the world wide web has turned your brain into fluff? First Dog on the Moon is here to help

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I've been thinking on the "Buying votes" narrative and it's very revealing, in my opinion, about what these specific conservatives think a politician is.

To a normal person, a politician is basically a bundle of promises and policy ideas bundled into a navy blue suit, and you vote for the one that most matches your ideology.

To some political cartoonists, a politician is a big mean daddy who tells you you can't have cake for dinner and bosses you around.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Neito posted:

I've been thinking on the "Buying votes" narrative and it's very revealing, in my opinion, about what these specific conservatives think a politician is.

To a normal person, a politician is basically a bundle of promises and policy ideas bundled into a navy blue suit, and you vote for the one that most matches your ideology.

To some political cartoonists, a politician is a big mean daddy who tells you you can't have cake for dinner and bosses you around.

My assumption is that it's one of Reagan's legacies: politically-involved people who cannot accept the idea that the government could actually provide benefits for people.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

wrong again, Rall!

we will never hit Peak rear end in a top hat

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
my theory is that with the fall of the number of people being cops there will be a rise in the number of serial killers and everyone will come to the absolute wrong conclusions as to the reason

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

InsertPotPun posted:

my theory is that with the fall of the number of people being cops there will be a rise in the number of serial killers and everyone will come to the absolute wrong conclusions as to the reason

Because the venn diagram for serial killers and cops is almost a circle?

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I like how Trans Support is in the same category as the "buying votes with free poo poo" stuff you see conservatives rave over.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

To whom is "restrictions on Alaska oil and gas drilling" a free gift? Oil and gas well owners in other states? Drillers who don't like polar bears?

Yeah, that's buying votes alright

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: I will make it so that killer asteroid X123's course is diverted so it doesn't hit the state of Ohio and kill 11 million people

SMART CARTOONIST FROM WHOM NOTHING GOES MISSED: Interesting, it sounds like you are doing this to buy the votes of Ohioans, now why should my tax dollars be paying for that :thunk:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

To whom is "restrictions on Alaska oil and gas drilling" a free gift? Oil and gas well owners in other states? Drillers who don't like polar bears?

Yeah, that's buying votes alright
Green energy, apparently.

Biden is only restricting oil and gas extraction to drive up prices because green energy (bad, useless) would never be able to compete otherwise.

Subsidies to oil and gas are curiously not 'buying votes' though, and must just be common sense.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Trade protection by Cao Yi

Unfair treatment by Song Chen

Futile attack by Luo Jie

Space Day of China by Cai Meng

New challenge by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Meddy from Tanzania

Élections en Inde : Modi cherche la victoire à tout prix/Indian Elections: Modi looks for victory at any cost by Rodho from France

India organizes an election with over one billion voters
Poster:India for Indians
"There's no need for bureaucratic red tape if I impose my political will!"

by Dilem from Algeria
A $61 billion aid deal for Ukraine
"It's our Iron Dome!"

by Thiago from Brazil

by Chappatte from Switzerland
Sign:Asylum Registration
"43C aisle."

Le Royaume-Uni sous-traite sa gestion de l’immigration/The UK contracts out its immigration policy by Main2Dieu from Burkina Faso

Ben Garrison

I had to check this one's blurb due to the depiction of Trump. I've pulled what I found to be the choice quotes:

quote:

...I was very surprised when Trump invited Johnson to Mar-a-Lago a few weeks ago. The foreign aid package was a slap in the face to all of us MAGA minded, but Trump praised Johnson and apparently his influenced helped solidify his speakership. There are no longer enough votes to remove him—and the Democrats have promised to vote for him to keep him there. The Uni-Party is now more unified, thanks to Trump. Marjorie Taylor Greene had to be very disappointed that a motion to vacate Johnson will not work. The Democrat legacy media praised Johnson for taming Trump, who called Johnson a “good person.”... Trump should have denounced Johnson as well. Instead he is supporting him for reasons that are unfathomable to the MAGA minded. Is he doing this to help get himself reelected? Is he playing 4-D chess? Who knows—I only know that I agree Ron Paul—and his son Rand.

Trump should have invited Ron Paul to Mar-a-Lago instead. I enjoy drawing Trump in a positive light, but when he disappoints I will not pull any cartoon punches. This was a big disappointment.

Grrrgraphics supports President Trump and thinks he is the only choice if we want to save the Republic. But MAGA is not a cult and we are free to point out missteps that affect us all.
Bolding and italicizing his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I had to check this one's blurb due to the depiction of Trump. I've pulled what I found to be the choice quotes:

Bolding and italicizing his.
Literally not true, a recent poll showed pretty equal numbers in people who thought the US was doing not enough vs doing too much, and support for Ukraine has actually been growing for the last six months. 62% of Americans, which is a pretty substantial majority, think we should continue or increase aid to Ukraine.