Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the latest ill omen for Rishi Sunak’s government – Rishi Sunak’s policies invariably end in disaster"

Telegraph:

Labour pledges to get rail network ‘back on track’

Matt:

Child alcohol consumption at record levels among ‘generation lockdown’

Independent:

Times:

Ofsted to continue with single-phrase judgments despite calls to axe them

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Guardian Australian Sport:

"David Squires on … the endurance of Leigh Broxham’s A-League career - Our cartoonist looks at the Melbourne Victory veteran’s 18 years in Australian top-flight football as he finally hangs up the boots"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

I thought Gen Z were all killjoys who don't drink because they want to look perfect on tiktok?

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Nudity
Kellies Nomination: Ugliest Cartoon

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Before we jump back into 1952-1953, here's a public service announcement from Harry E. Homan of the Los Angeles Daily News in 1937:

But anyway, the '52 election is over and Republicans have the White House and both chambers of Congress. Time to gloat!

Meanwhile, the UN still sucks.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism)
Kellies Nomination: Most Opposite of Reality
Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

‘Enough’: thousands to join protests across Australia opposing violence against women (Guardian). Albanese has been walking the Kokoda Track.

Kudelka:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Queensland premier (Steven Miles) changes strategy after latest polling spells bad news for Labor (ABC).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stepping Up Against Enough Male Violence

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

lmao wow

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

did the president actually start reading out stage directions at the podium, or is this just the latest stupid right-wing fantasy?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

I swear these fuckers just copy each other's homework.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

hexwren posted:

did the president actually start reading out stage directions at the podium, or is this just the latest stupid right-wing fantasy?

He did say, "four more years pause."

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Ann Telnaes

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Christopher Weyant

Clay Bennett

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Despite his foolish bravado, Trump is definitely doomed. An optimistic cartoon.

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

He's got a point. If Superman were our president, he could have beaten up the entire Russian army single-handed by this point at no cost to the taxpayer.

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Matt Wuerker

Mike Smith

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos - Another Failed Trump Strategy

Rick McKee

Rivers

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

"We want a strong president that will keep our country safe!"
"Okay, I'll send some aid to defend us and our allies from our enemies."
"Wait, we have to PAY for that?! gently caress you!"

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

JamesBont posted:

"We want a strong president that will keep our country safe!"
"Okay, I'll send some aid to defend us and our allies from our enemies."
"Wait, we have to PAY for that?! gently caress you!"

What conservatives want is Reagan back, a man whose tough talk, bravado, and occasional potential-World-War-III-starting actions prevented Russia or Iran from doing anything at all, and certainly Reagan never spent ludicrous amounts of taxpayer money on programs designed to support his foreign policy

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label.
The torture Zyglis put the alphabet through to try to twist Linus to Lyin' to Us is just cruel and unusual.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

I was going to try to AGC this with how the water fountain exclusively for straight white guys is outdated and replaced with the fountain that anybody is allowed to drink out of, but, I just couldn't get it to ring right in my head.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

It's so cool that whenever conservatives (or liberals) bitch about pro-Palestinian college protests, they always have a bunch of picket signs like FREE PALESTINE and NO MORE GENOCIDE but then the artist realizes "oh poo poo these aren't evil enough" so then they just throw in one or two signs of like "I WANT TO KILL ALL JEWS". It's so self aware, such a reveal of the flaws in their approach, and yet it doesn't slow them up for a single second because they'll just react as though the signs they made up are completely real and very common. Making up your own reality and forgetting you made it up.
And I know the general argument is "oh yeah they know they're lying" but I don't think it matters, and I fully believe some people like Hitch just portray it that way and fully believe what they've drawn is true.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

skeleton warrior posted:

What conservatives want is Reagan back, a man whose tough talk, bravado, and occasional potential-World-War-III-starting actions prevented Russia or Iran from doing anything at all, and certainly Reagan never spent ludicrous amounts of taxpayer money on programs designed to support his foreign policy

Okay, I've wanted to ask this for a long while: do you have a bigger, clearer version of your avatar pic? I can't find one anywhere

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

It's so cool that whenever conservatives (or liberals) bitch about pro-Palestinian college protests, they always have a bunch of picket signs like FREE PALESTINE and NO MORE GENOCIDE but then the artist realizes "oh poo poo these aren't evil enough" so then they just throw in one or two signs of like "I WANT TO KILL ALL JEWS". It's so self aware, such a reveal of the flaws in their approach, and yet it doesn't slow them up for a single second because they'll just react as though the signs they made up are completely real and very common. Making up your own reality and forgetting you made it up.
And I know the general argument is "oh yeah they know they're lying" but I don't think it matters, and I fully believe some people like Hitch just portray it that way and fully believe what they've drawn is true.

It reminds me so much of this comic.

https://x.com/happyroadkill/status/1735791848478658962

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Randall Enos - Another Failed Trump Strategy

Ancient Reptilian Brain: Didn’t work? Don’t worry about it, baby. Just dust yourself off and give it another go. Step up on that carrousel and ride it into the dark forever. Hurry now. Before the fickle meats in your skull have you panging for the visceral. Double knot your harness, and revolve with me into nothing.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Remains the dumbest talking point of all time. I've yet to see anyone making this argument explain what power protesters have to compel a hostage release (that's before you get into who is blocking hostage release deals and why).
I'm sure there's some degree of intention obtuseness about what a protest even is, but so many open discussions about I/P are plagued by people blithely yelling 'just release the hostages', as if they're talking directly to Mr Hamas.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

pray for my aunt posted:

Remains the dumbest talking point of all time. I've yet to see anyone making this argument explain what power protesters have to compel a hostage release (that's before you get into who is blocking hostage release deals and why).
I'm sure there's some degree of intention obtuseness about what a protest even is, but so many open discussions about I/P are plagued by people blithely yelling 'just release the hostages', as if they're talking directly to Mr Hamas.

It's just where they've temporarily decided to set the goalposts down so they can dismiss the argument.

No matter what the protestors do or don't say, cartoonists like Mike here will declare their argument invalid because it failed to meet some arbitrarily established criteria that will immediately cease to be good enough either if anyone actually tried to satisfy the condition.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Vib Rib posted:

The reason for building an alternative conservative media ecosystem is to control the narrative. The whole project started after the success of the civil rights movement which showed the brutality of police and counterprotesters against unarmed marchers. This is a convoluted way of saying Hitch may not realize he is lying as he gets his news exclusively from sources that insist college students really want to kill all jews.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
It's whataboutism of the highest order

:( "don't kill children"

:pwn: but WHAT ABOUT the hostages???

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

The president has close to zero control over the economy, it really does frequently crash and burn itself completely outside of the occupants control. AGC.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i mean i really think colleges shouldn't be funding hamas hostage detention centers. i don't think they should give hamas a single dollar at all. will go and protest that immediately right after I look up exactly how much they're giving so I can write it on my sign

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

JamesBont posted:

Okay, I've wanted to ask this for a long while: do you have a bigger, clearer version of your avatar pic? I can't find one anywhere

No, unfortunately. Someone decided to give me this avatar, so I've never had a source for it.

I think they were trying to own me over being a lib, but it's so hilarious that I've kept it for years.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The old "someone bought me this avatar"
Man just say you like Anime Tiddys you are not alone

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

No, unfortunately. Someone decided to give me this avatar, so I've never had a source for it.

I think they were trying to own me over being a lib, but it's so hilarious that I've kept it for years.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/anime...09986418229905/

I now have "bobby hill anime tiddies" in my search history.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Microplastics posted:

It's whataboutism of the highest order

:( "don't kill children"

:pwn: but WHAT ABOUT the hostages???

"Ok, release the hostages too."

"Oh, so much for the children, huh? What about them?"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Jen Sorensen

Nick Anderson

Mike Luckovich

Clay Jones

Brian McFadden

Mattie Lubchansky

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the travails of Humza Yousaf – Scotland’s first minister faces motions of no confidence from Labour and the Conservatives after ending his power-sharing deal with the Green party" On the fish, Ash Regan.

Telegraph:

Russian assault of Ukraine would ‘struggle’ without China’s support, says Blinken

Matt:

Independent:

After Raeburn.

Times:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Technowolf posted:

Mattie Lubchansky

God this is so vapid. Trend thing bad! You should no like trend thing! What is this even supposed to be about?

I dunno, maybe it's because I'm getting old but I'm getting really tired of people whose output is a constant stream of cynicism.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 27, 2024

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

God this is so vapid. Trend thing bad! You should no like trend thing! What is this even supposed to be about?

I dunno, maybe it's because I'm getting old but I'm getting really tired of people whose output is a constant stream of cynicism.

The metaphor seems pretty clear to me? Not just a generic Latest Fad but tech/automation trends pushing out journalists from their jobs, which seems like a valid thing for a journalist to be cynical about.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

wizzardstaff posted:

The metaphor seems pretty clear to me? Not just a generic Latest Fad but tech/automation trends pushing out journalists from their jobs, which seems like a valid thing for a journalist to be cynical about.

I assumed it was about AI and the alleged cash cows that were supposed to come before it like NFTs and cryptocurrency

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Pretty sure it's crypto -> NFT -> Metaverse -> AI.

Amjad Rasmi

Clay Bennett

Dick Wright

What even are proportions?

John Darkow

Rick McKee

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
how many signs saying "Death To Jews" have there been on college campuses, approximately. more than zero?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

wizzardstaff posted:

the_steve posted:

I assumed it was about AI and the alleged cash cows that were supposed to come before it like NFTs and cryptocurrency

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pretty sure it's crypto -> NFT -> Metaverse -> AI.

When three different people come away with three different understandings, it's a bad metaphor.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

skeleton warrior posted:

When three different people come away with three different understandings, it's a bad metaphor.

All three of those are the same understanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I'm still debating with my inner pedant whether it was intentional that he doesn't know what a tetrahedron is in that last panel.