Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I read it as saying that long as there's at least one violent crime (which in Stiglich world probably includes Black teenagers looking at him) he thinks it's irresponsible for the media to say that violent crime is decreasing even if it is.

Being charitable, this could be because he views violent crime only on the human level (the violent criminal goes out and chooses to do violent crime for immoral reasons) rather than the analytic level (the crime rate is something that can be looked at statistically, and policy and economic factors, which are things made up by liberals to let criminals off the hook) but really that's just using too many words to say

It's simpler. To use a thread cliche: "If crime isn't rising why do I keep insisting it is?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I am now processing the current nominees for the 2023 Kellies. With huge, huge thanks to user Microplastics, I now have an automated tool that handles the initial extraction of automations and just need to do some review.

...This review still may take a bit because according to the initial pass there were 947 nominations. I'll try to have the thread up by February 1.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Weird question cus I can't find it and was thinking about it, does anyone have the original Calm Hitler comic?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Amjad Rasmi

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Neito posted:

Weird question cus I can't find it and was thinking about it, does anyone have the original Calm Hitler comic?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

It’s gonna be a bumper year for racist propagandists to tell us why Trump Is Good Actually and I’m thrilled to be sharing it with you

Oh look it’s already started

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

"Happy New Year to Wisconsin in particular, for some reason" -Clay Bennett

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That Stiglich is amazing because it’s like, “Statistics show crime is down” and his response is just “No it’s not.”

This is why catching them in their flawed logic or showing them to be hypocrites never works. They don’t give a poo poo. They have a fantasy world built on propaganda, and they will ever ever leave it.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Not that you ever want to give Stiglich the benefit of the doubt, but does anyone know what's going on in Philly, which he largely focuses on? Because while crime is approaching being back down to 2019 levels in most places there are a small number, DC most notably, where it's up.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

IDK but as long as Larry Krasner is the Philly DA, Stiglich will think murder is rampant

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Apparently it went down significantly last year:

https://6abc.com/violent-crime-philadelphia-police-gun-violence-district-attorney/14235716/

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Yeah, crime rates and actual statistics don't matter at all to conservatives. The fact that even one murder happened needs that we need to be Tougher On Crime, which means dumping more money into the police budget hole and promptly forgetting about it until the next election cycle where a Democrat is in charge.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Happy New Year from Fishman and Stantis/Allie!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

DalaranJ posted:

I'd like to make a retraction. In the previous thread I accused David Dees of something that was simply wrong.

I said David Dees was using an e-meter. Which is a psuedo-medical device that uses electric current to supposedly determine your brain activity, used by Scientologists and splinter groups.
This was untrue.
David Dees was using a GB4000. Which is a psuedo-medical device that uses current to supposedly destroy cancer cells used by alt-medicine practitioners. (David Dees claimed that it destroyed bacteria and viruses, but all the top hits are for cancer.) I found no evidence that David Dees participated in a specific religious tradition, instead he had a sort of new age highly syncretic style belief system that incorporated a number of alt-medical ideas.

David Dees believed in everything but religion.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

"Kneel Young"

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

One of the big examples of evidence not mattering for policies is Universal Basic Income. Every single place and time it has been tried, the results have been a resounding success, but that just doesn't matter, something something commies.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Is this history in the making, the first pro-kids these days Kelly Kartoon?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Is this history in the making, the first pro-kids these days Kelly Kartoon?

It's New Years. Kelly is too full of holiday joy(Whisky Sours) to be a curmudgeon today.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Nenonen posted:

And this can be traced all the way back to Greek mythology, where both the personification of time Chronos and titan & god of harvest Cronos carried a scythe or sickle. Famously Cronos used his sickle to castrate Uranus, his father, and from the foam of Uranus' genitals Aphrodite was born. Afterwards he was revealed that he would be overthrown by his children just as he did to his father, so of course he would solve the problem by eating his children right as they were born. His wife got a bit upset by this and when time came to give birth to Zeus, she went hiding in a cave and gave the baby to a goat to raise, meanwhile giving Cronos a stone wrapped in cloth which he then ate. Eventually Zeus fed Cronos an emetic, causing him to projectile vomit the rock and the rest of his children, after which Zeus castrated and banished him and the titans.

The Aristocrats!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tom the Dancing Bug by Reuben Boliing featuring public domain rodent Mickey Mouse

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Eat poo poo, political cartoons of 2023.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

what....?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

How about we don't worry about numbers of parents, and just worry if they're getting the support they need to raise their children? Y'know. If families are so loving important, maybe play the hand we've been dealt instead of whining about some mythical ideal not being met. loving bigot.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bill Clinton is a sex pest. Shocking! How will the Democratic party recover from its up and coming star being so awful?!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Shugojin posted:

Bill Clinton is a sex pest. Shocking! How will the Democratic party recover from its up and coming star being so awful?!

Also never look at any other names associated with Epstein!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The names of over a hundred people which were censored in a deposition against Ghislane Maxwell are being uncensored. This deposition alleges sexual assault by Prince Andrew of the UK. It also alleges that Bill Clinton, who claimed to have not visited Esptein's island, was on Epstein's island.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

We've seen three or four versions of this joke, and this is absolutely the worst one.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Usually progressive of Goodwyn to positively portray a family of a Rayman child, a legless human, and a one-armed sign.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

idonotlikepeas posted:

We've seen three or four versions of this joke, and this is absolutely the worst one.

Jokes are always funniest if you laboriously explain a simple visual gag.

Rudicron
Oct 30, 2013

It's Lunchtime!

Get yourself a hotdog!

Crunch Buttsteak, but edited to reveal conservatives' true motivation posted:

Yeah, crime rates and actual statistics don't matter at all to conservatives. The fact that even one black person is walking around freely means that we need to be Tougher On Crime, which means dumping more money into the police budget hole and promptly forgetting about it until the next election cycle where a Democrat is in charge.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Is this the first clown cartoon of 2024?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s 2024 general election gamble – A May election is being widely forecast, but at the moment the polls don’t look good for the prime minister"

Telegraph:

The genius animator who created Mickey Mouse – then fell out with Walt Disney

Times:

From Mickey Mouse to Napster: Five landmark copyright battles

Evening Standard:

World Darts Championship: Luke Littler 'dreaming' of title as Michael van Gerwen crashes out

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
we going to need a "mickey is public domain" kellie, ain't we

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Korner Kelly: Steamboat Shillie

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

well that's not the version of mickey in the public domain, for a start, but i'm trying to figure out why mickey mouse is in this cartoon at all. is he trying to say mickey mouse would make a good world leader? if so i'm sorry to tell you public domain mickey is an animal abusing, sexual assaulting rear end in a top hat

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

the_steve posted:

Is this the first clown cartoon of 2024?

Seems like.

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Kellies Nomination: Whatever Discendo Vox Ends up Calling This Category After the Mess I Left Him Last Year

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Angepain posted:

well that's not the version of mickey in the public domain, for a start, but i'm trying to figure out why mickey mouse is in this cartoon at all. is he trying to say mickey mouse would make a good world leader? if so i'm sorry to tell you public domain mickey is an animal abusing, sexual assaulting rear end in a top hat

But the boaters love him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/EandPCartoons/status/1742251913842958722?t=SkE0vCAeAezFvkL3FtLvwA&s=19