Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

My god.

So...weren't the majority of people who cheered Christ being crucified Jews? So why are you you putting them in with the same group of Nazis that...wanted to kill Jews?

Rivers, did you think about your implications? In fact...can you think?! DO YOU HAVE A loving FUNCTIONAL BRAIN CELL?!?!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

gently caress YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Most of those groups cheering would have been conservatives. Most of the killed would be oppressed minorities.
"This criminal having to go to a trial by jury is the same thing as rounding up Jews in the Holocaust or Jesus Christ being crucified." Just shut the gently caress up.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst False Equivalence

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Vib Rib posted:

Most of those groups cheering would have been conservatives. Most of the killed would be oppressed minorities.
"This criminal having to go to a trial by jury is the same thing as rounding up Jews in the Holocaust or Jesus Christ being crucified." Just shut the gently caress up.

Nope,they were WOKE

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Me (WOKE) when they crucify Jesus for being white
:sickos:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

I haven't been keeping track, but I'm pretty sure this is at least the fourth conservative cartoonist trying to convince us that the 'Very fine people on both sides' was a Biden line, rather than a Trump line.

Gary Varvel

Marshall Ramsey

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

An actual funny joke from Kelley, somehow.

Tom Stiglich

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah yeah, the man who would support apartheid settler states bombing civilians, Woody Guthrie.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Ramirez bringing back his "Little Girl Solves Problem by Calling for Arrests" classic. This time the little girl is white though because, well, it's not one of those riots that those people do

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Notebooks promote antisemitism. An anti-paper cartoon.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Is this based on anything, or just "Biden old"? Cus I'm pretty sure Joe's an avid biker and runner, isn't he?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Neito posted:

Is this based on anything, or just "Biden old"? Cus I'm pretty sure Joe's an avid biker and runner, isn't he?

Varvel has become much worse at making jokes, but his relatively good art can throw people off. Look at the two cartoons of his from last page for example.

In sum, we've got:

1. For lack of any ideas, moan about national debt

2. For lack of any ideas, moan about Soros

3. For lack of any ideas, just completely make poo poo up

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Skios posted:

Mike Luckovich

This got an actual lol from me.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

[/b]
I haven't been keeping track, but I'm pretty sure this is at least the fourth conservative cartoonist trying to convince us that the 'Very fine people on both sides' was a Biden line, rather than a Trump line.
Nah he’s not trying to get people to believe Biden said that. It’s just good old false equivalence.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

axolotl farmer posted:

This got an actual lol from me.

Of course it did. Gary Larson was funny

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Murdstone posted:

Nah he’s not trying to get people to believe Biden said that. It’s just good old false equivalence.

I love when they do this, it shows that realize just how embarrassing that was for them and how badly it painted them, but they have to fling it to the other side to disassociate from it, somehow.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Neito posted:

It's about this:

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/26/biden-walkers-white-house-marine-one

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
It's the old "What our guy said was bad (but he didn't mean it that way), but remember: it would have been so much worse if your guy had said it. Just imagine!"

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

"If the president isn't too old and feeble to have to use a walker, they why do I keep saying he does?!"

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Has there been any actual violence with these protests? And not just imaginary violence that only exists in conservatives heads?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

JamesBont posted:

Has there been any actual violence with these protests? And not just imaginary violence that only exists in conservatives heads?

The police have been rather violent.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

JamesBont posted:

From previous cartoons (especially his George Floyd one), Ramirez believes that "being arrested" is itself violent behavior that obligates a lethal response.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall:

Ted Rall posted:

The Israeli war cabinet of Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu has been on something of a bender lately, with seemingly no limit on how many fronts they are willing to open up militarily.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

This is the lesser McCoy's fourth Biden cannibalism cartoon.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Propagandistic garbage"?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Try as he might, Fishman can't fake the brain damage that makes people unironically use the term "woke" and understand what they're referring to.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

The fact that Carmen's copy-pasted head barely even changes position to the next frame is so jarring.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Eric Allie, professional thing-drawer.

Every time I look at this, I think Carmen's right arm is her left and it's some AI nightmare drawing.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Considering the sequence of actions is divorced from the dialogue, Carmen is supposed to be afraid of the stupid rabbit and that this is like a double digit number of suspicious framings in a few months it seems more and more likely that Prickly City is sneaking AI in somewhere.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ok, so Kevin was originally supposed to be a stand-in for Bill Clinton.
I get that he can't run on the Dem ticket because Biden is the candidate, so I'm assuming that he's the RFK Jr. stand-in for the next few weeks/months?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

Mike Luckovich

Kellies Nomination: Best Homage

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Achaz von Hardenberg on the plummeting fortunes of Rishi Sunak and Humza Yousaf – It’s shaping up to be another tumultuous week for Britain’s major political parties"

Telegraph:

Humza Yousaf’s resignation - as it happened "The old progressive politics is dead – Humza’s resignation proves it"

Matt:

Times:

2021: Scottish health secretary falls from scooter he has used since rupturing achilles

David Squires:
"David Squires on … a handy Premier League referee grudge tracker - Our cartoonist has a guide just for you to help choose which official to blame when your striker misses a sitter from six yards out"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
He's Scottish, you gotta give me the tartan, i need the tartan

yeah no he definitely had to resign because of The Transes and not because it's a bad idea to suddenly tell your coalition partners to gently caress off with no plan for how to get a majority on board in their absence. it was trans people and pronouns. gently caress off

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They have the genders in Scotland now. Pleas give me a Tory newspaper column so that I can rant endlessly about that.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

"Propagandistic garbage"?

maybe referring to the obama production deal? Or bridgerton's cast diversity? Possibly that recent hbo alex jones doc?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Lol'ing at the anti-protest cartoons from people who assuredly have Nazi sympathies and adjacent beliefs.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Neito posted:

Every time I look at this, I think Carmen's right arm is her left and it's some AI nightmare drawing.
i wonder how long they spent going through all the little cut n paste parts before finally admitting they don't have the pose and dashing out a quick replacement arm

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Support calls for sexual assault survivors as review finds limited police investigations reason for few cases making it to charge in Canberra (ABC).

Wilcox:

Spooner:

Australia signs deal worth almost $1b with PsiQuantum to build world's first 'useful' quantum computer (ABC).

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Neito posted:

When I first saw this, I thought the left and right arms were switched. What the hell? Someone actually got paid to draw this?!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Bob Englehart

(It's about Palestine protests.)

Bill Bramhall

Dick Wright

Wait, wait, I know this gag. The outside part of the room falls down on RFK's head while the center remains intact.

Ed Gamble

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

John Darkow

Lee Judge

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Mike Smith

If you only got your news from political cartoons, you'd probably think college campuses are holding nightly hitlering contests or something.

Monte Wolverton

NEMØ

He actually posted two other variations on this, uh, let's call it a "theme".

Rick McKee

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Taylor Jones

Walt Handelsman

Ward Sutton

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Wow! They don't even know why they're there?? And they're only showing up because someone told them to?? AND they admitted it to reporters? Ha ha holy poo poo, loving destroyed! I assume this is a real thing that happened, take that liberals.
I know "make up a scenario and just have your political opponents announce that they're villains and idiots" is like, the fundamental core of all political cartooning, but Gamble feels like he just doesn't understand it at all. There's no spin or sauce or subtlety, literally just draws his enemies going "we are dumb and stupid, and also, we're wrong!" and calls it a day. All his cartoons are this, just standing about and announcing things as plainly as possible.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

"Good news. Imagine if they knew all the other horrendous poo poo our government was doing."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Worst gotcha attempt ever. Geez, I wonder where the left-leaning college kid stands on the concept of indigenous peoples' rights to their historic lands?