Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Does the old year typically carry a scythe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

The Islamic Shock posted:

That Branco has me wondering since I've surprisingly never looked into it: what is the conservative reaction to the lives of people they like being materially improved from liberal policies in ways that can't be ignored?
They ignore it anyway.
Or they say it's "common sense" and just normal American prosperity and not anything a liberal did. On the rare occasions it is undeniably pinned to a single policy, they'll just say it's a conservative policy and they always were in favor of it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

wizzardstaff posted:

People keep saying every year that this summer is the hottest one on record, do they expect me to believe it just keeps happening AGAIN???
Yeah but that's because nobody's doing anything about it. Might be related to that.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Guavanaut posted:

It's even dumber than that, it's the "punk is establishment now, which makes conservatism the new punk rock" poo poo they've been trying for decades, as if the 'elites' that the oldschool anarchists were railing against were the people building water pumps and providing cholera vaccines, rather than the system of capital-aristocracy.
It's not new or surprising but it blows my loving mind every time I see people like this acting like trans people are (or are even supported by) "the establishment" in any loving sense. They're so deep in their imagined persecution that even marginalized groups that are getting almost daily hate-legislation proposed against them are somehow "the establishment" while conservatives themselves, clinging to centuries of traditional backing, sucking off billionaire elites and corporate doctrines, are clearly the plucky little rebels.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

drat, your political opponent faced legal action? Just because they were your political opponent, right??
Oh, it's because they committed a ton of crimes? Hm.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

What's even the intended messaging here, why pick this story?
"Liberals are soft on crime, and let criminals do whatever they want in a courtroom without stopping them"?
"He shouldn't have even been allowed a trial"?
"I, Michael Ramirez, really hate black people"?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Imprisoned for what, Hitch
Imprisoned for what

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I kinda hate people buying into this dichotomy like "Biden's thing is he's old. Trump's thing is he's a criminal." Guess what bitch Trump's old as gently caress too, have you seen this guy, he's held together with mummy glue. They're both walking corpses.
But even most liberal cartoonists tend to go in on this and exclude Trump from being whatever his opponent is accused of being. Reminds me of the Hillary/Trump comparison from before, which is especially funny in hindsight because the thing Trump wasn't shown to be (because that's Hillary's thing!!) was "criminal". That aged well.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Pretty sure this has been proved to not be the case by multiple charity orgs and agencies.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

the_steve posted:

Unironically AGC.
A clear visual metaphor that makes the cartoonist's point without beating you over the head with it.
Really? Even with the giant newspaper in the car and the backwards facing headline?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Hihohe posted:

AKA everyone, EVERYONE in gaza
women
children
babies (even the premature)
they all deserve it
This also ties back to an idea conservatives around the world hate, which is that even if someone is horrible criminal, you have to afford them some basic human rights. Like you can't just do literally anything you want to someone even if they are a murderer, so yes, excessive cruelty by the government would still be worth trying in court.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Why the gently caress are you even friends?
I know this is supposed to be some Calvin and Hobbes imitation but while they fought, it was never like this. It was childish tussling, grabbing, tumbling in big cartoony tangles. Calvin never hit Hobbes in the face with a loving haymaker.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

They're going to be mad all month.
Australia Day is rotten at its core already and no amount of PR or pretending will change that.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Jesus loving Christ
Love that it's just two pals chattin' while out for a stroll, smiling and walking, passing jokes, talking about how much they want to commit total genocide, as pals do.

PS: it actually probably would have been worse

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Isn't that literally what Trump said about people who died to gun violence? I swear this came up lately.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

MLK was in favor of far more wide-reaching affirmative action programs than America has ever implemented.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

the_steve posted:

Does anyone have that comic about MLK where they basically just do a rush job on his life and ignore everything he did except that one quote:
"MLK was born. Then he had a dream - 'People should be judged by their character, so quit playing the race card!' - And then he didn't do or say anything else until he died. The end."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

Spooner:

And of course there's a tiny wind turbine.
Of doing what?? What's the metaphor?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Well you definitely wouldn't.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Three comics, three wildly different styles. Is he tracing or something?

E: wait a tick

???

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Lmao, pathetic.
Huh?
Thanks for the loving weird retort, two random rich assholes on a private golf course.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Just loving pathetic. "All we did was walk around and take pictures!"
Jan 6 is amazing because they scrambled to get a talking point on it and never found it. There's like 5 major talking points and they all contradict each other and the same people will cycle through them. I know that to themselves and their base, that's more than enough to be convincing, and their minds won't change either way, but god it's just so loving funny seeing them flop around like this, just completely failed messaging at every step. This one might be the most pathetic though. "Us poor ol grandmas just sightseeing!"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Phlegmish posted:

The notoriously non-violent and peace-loving Old Testament
If only children could have read "don't kill people" this all could've been avoided

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Pretty cool how somehow "WEF" became just modern allowed shorthand for "scheming jews"

Also following the decades-old tradition of calling anyone who believes evidence a "cultist", that's just good old fashioned fun

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David Horsey

There are serious dangers posed by AI technology. Literal Terminators are not among them.
Two things equally responsible for commercially-exploitative AI usage:
1. Billionaires funding AI to get rich
2. Ordinary citizens wanting their gender identity respected

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
No, only racist shits like Mike Lester see minorities in jobs and think "diversity hire???? Must be, right??? Because if it was based on merit wouldn't it be a white guy???" That's you, you do that.
And guess what, they were going to do that anyway, because they've always loving done that, for decades.

oh, no! Not the poor high income earners!!!

the_steve posted:

It's funny because yeah, that's how it's supposed to loving work.
"Let's vote for the person who made my life better in a real and tangible way!"
Leaving the world better for your kids than you found it is also how it's supposed to work.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is it really still dogwhistles at this point? Ishida is basically screaming "JEWS!!!" at the top of his lungs.
Yeah this whole bit is just "Jews are doing secret child sexual abuse in their secret Jew tunnels and you can't say the Holocaust was fake which it obviously was", painting Elon as defending Jewish people is downright hilarious and I'm 0% surprised to see that the stork is delivering baby new year to a bunch of buff manly pepes at a gym, really cool that the last few weren't chuddy enough so this one's gonna be full on alt right.

Phlegmish posted:

This what Tatsuya Ishida looks like?
That's Graham Lineham

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Nenonen posted:

It's not that, though? The claim is "if you have positive discrimination in hiring then people will assume that you were selected for your race instead of your qualifications". Because of course companies never discriminate in their hiring in non-positive ways...
And of course, conservatives already always assumed this about all minorities, well before DEI.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I know portraying their side as the villains is a common theme in conservative cartooning but if there's a worse example of it than "see this old man trapped in razor wire? we're the razor wire!" I can't think of it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Stantis what the gently caress are you doing

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
just loving lol

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

The Islamic Shock posted:

If only there was some sort of scientific, legal or technological progress between now and then that would allow people in general to research the effects of drugs and spread that information rapidly. Hell, while we're going wild with hypotheticals, imagine a federal agency of some sort that could and would heavily punish industries that lie about that kind of poo poo now. But alas.
Agnostic of any other specific thing here, I really just hate the whole line of argument Horsey is using here. It's the same childish logic so many idiots use everywhere.
"You think this thing isn't dangerous? Hmmmm, that reminds me of this other thing people thought wasn't dangerous... but it was!" Cool, so from now on anything people say is harmless is actually dangerous.
"Oh you think this new 'shoot yourself in the dick' invention is dumb? Well you know, people said that about the WRIGHT BROTHERS and their FLYING MACHINE!" Like the logic is a good invention was scoffed at once so if anyone scoffs at an invention it'll be good.

I'm glad Lester dumbed it down for me. I now understand that Biden can't do anything because the Republicans are refusing to give him the authority to. Seems like a silly move from Republicans!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

‘Trust me’: Anthony Albanese dodges questions on negative gearing (news.com.au). "There are concerns that a major benefit for property-owning Aussies is under threat after the Prime Minister’s tax cut backflip."
"The trouble with deepfakes is you can't tell if they're real"
uh yeah no poo poo leak

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

Sure did. It's there now:

"It might carry more passengers :smugbert:"
"It won't."
"It might :smugbert:"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
No, wrong, this is an absolute INVASION at the border, just like it has been literally every election year, on schedule, for decades.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is presented as toony and harmless but my god the belief espoused behind it is so vile.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
YOU DID THIS EXACT BIT ALREADY
ALSO THE LIBERAL IS NOT THE ONE WHO SHOULD BE DISMISSIVELY CALLING THINGS 'FAKE NEWS'

How the gently caress does Stantis not even remember his own characters, they have like one trait

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Phlegmish posted:

A really stupid message presented in a decently compelling way, I assume there's no category for that
I dunno, I've seen "Adam too busy with SOME GIZMO to acknowledge God" plenty of times. He could easily be watching TikTok or playing a gameboy or reading Dungeons and Dragons books or whatever else.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Last panel is a modern update of "Oops I forgot to tell a joke", what a gift

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

"The crisis that didn't exist until now" is accidentally more honest than Hitch meant to be, but it should really be "that still doesn't exist".
Amazing how there's a border crisis ever 4 years and it vanishes overnight.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Did none of you really not get the joke or are you all just trolling?
The intended punchline is very obvious, I'm just commenting on how apt it is to have a disappointing letdown final panel for Drunky Duck and how well it parallels the classic "oops I forgot to tell a joke!" panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Trick question. Winslow never says anything funny.