Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Telegraph:

Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s 2024 general election gamble – A May election is being widely forecast, but at the moment the polls don’t look good for the prime minister"

Telegraph:

The genius animator who created Mickey Mouse – then fell out with Walt Disney

Times:

From Mickey Mouse to Napster: Five landmark copyright battles

Evening Standard:

World Darts Championship: Luke Littler 'dreaming' of title as Michael van Gerwen crashes out

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak, his asylum policy, his election chances … and a defibrillator – Ministers are facing questions over nearly 10,000 unresolved ‘legacy’ asylum cases, which they are counting as having been cleared" After Rembrandt.

Telegraph:

"Time is running out to discover the real Starmer"

Independent:

Times:

Rishi Sunak to promise pre-election tax cuts to win over sceptical voters; ‘Miracle’ escape for passengers after horrific runway crash at Tokyo airport

Evening Standard:

Longest strike in NHS history by junior doctors to have 'enormous impact', health boss warns

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Storm Henk and Britain’s political wind of change – High winds have battered a country that’s looking increasingly likely to go to the polls this year"

Telegraph:

Reform UK rules out election pact with Tories; Luke Littler's dream dies in defeat by Luke Humphries in sensational world darts final

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak eyes autumn general election as he scotches talk of a May poll

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the release of the Jeffrey Epstein files – Although the release of the Epstein documents crashed the court website, the details revealed are not scandalous"

Telegraph:

"Starmer promises mission-led ‘Project Hope’ – just don’t ask what this means"

Matt:

Independent:

Starmer urges voters to reject ‘populism and cynicism’ ahead of next election

Times:

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s ‘working assumption’ about the date of the election – As the country disappears under floodwaters, the Tory leader tries to stay afloat"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After NC Wyeth.

The i paper:

Times:

NHS England chiefs accused of undermining doctors’ strike action

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"Fourteen stinking years of Tory government – Rishi Sunak contemplates the end of the Conservatives’ reign"

Sunday Telegraph:

Supreme Court agrees to hear Trump appeal against Colorado ballot ban

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Chris Skidmore quitting Sunak’s unstoppable oil tanker – The former energy minister has resigned the Tory whip in protest at the PM’s dash for oil and gas"

Telegraph:

Putin stages lavish dinner for dead soldiers' families on Orthodox Christmas Eve

Times:

Post Office scandal: pressure grows to exonerate hundreds of victims

Evening Standard:

The Post Office scandal: What is it and has anyone been held accountable?

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Tory prime ministers’ promises of ‘stability’ – Despite all the rhetoric, the UK has not improved under 14 years of Conservative rule"

Telegraph:

Fujitsu could pay compensation for Post Office scandal, minister suggests

Matt:

Snow to cause rush-hour travel chaos across South East

Times:

Rishi Sunak: Labour will take us back to square one

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on crocodile tears and the Post Office scandal – After years of dragging their heels on gaining justice for victims of the Post Office scandal, politicians are suddenly incredibly sympathetic"

Telegraph:

"The Post Office Horizon scandal has shattered faith in British justice"

Matt:

Shaken Boeing boss admits mid-air plane blowout was ‘our mistake’

Independent:

Times:

Epstein had ‘sex tapes’ of Prince Andrew and Bill Clinton, witness claimed

Evening Standard:

Tory MPs seek to ‘toughen’ Rwanda Bill as Sunak faces Commons showdown

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the state of the NHS – An NHS chief has warned that trusts in England are ‘stretched to the limit’"

Telegraph:

Post Office paid out bonuses for every conviction under Horizon scandal

Matt:

Times:

After Hokusai.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Rishi Sunak finally reacts to the Post Office scandal – The prime minister announces primary legislation to quash victims’ convictions"

Telegraph:

HS2 trains between Birmingham and Manchester will be slower and shorter than current ones

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak and the US-UK strikes in Yemen – The bombing of military facilities used by the Houthis has distracted, for now, from the PM’s domestic woes"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Marion Saumarez.

The i paper:

Times:

Humza Yousaf: Sunak should have recalled parliament over Houthi attack

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"See what crawled out from under the Post Office rock – After a television drama lifted the lid on the Horizon scandal, who’s next?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Taiwanese voters defy China to put faith in candidate Xi fears most

Matt:

Sunday Times:

US and UK tell Houthis: We’re ready to strike again; XL bully ban ‘will put dogs on the streets’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the UK and US intervention in Yemen – The attacks on Houthi rebels sanctioned by Joe Biden and Rishi Sunak come amid escalating global tensions"

Telegraph:

The Houthis: inside the powerful militia’s enigmatic mindset

Times:

Taiwan election results: winner William Lai’s defiant message to China

Evening Standard:

Lib Dem leader Sir Ed Davey facing fresh calls to quit over Post Office scandal

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tories facing electoral wipeout – After yet more bad polling, Rishi Sunak and his party are in deep electoral trouble"

Telegraph:

"Strengthening the Rwanda Bill is the only path to victory"; Snow forces hundreds of schools in North of England and Scotland to close

Matt:

Late Queen ‘infuriated’ over Harry and Meghan claim she had approved naming daughter Lilibet

Times:

Evening Standard:

"The Standard View: A second Donald Trump term would spell pure chaos"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the Tory rebellion against the Rwanda bill – Boris Johnson has backed Tory rebels as Rishi Sunak struggles to hold his party together"

Telegraph:

Trump wins Iowa caucus landslide as DeSantis pips Haley to second place

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

London weather: Capital to freeze in -6C at night for rest of week but Met Office says 'little chance of snow'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on deja-vu in the news cycle – The Tories are squabbling, Trump could be the next Republican nominee, there is bloodshed in the Middle East …"

Telegraph:

EU condemns Germany for pledging £6bn Ukraine aid

Matt:

Pictured: Snowy scenes across UK as freezing weather is set to continue

Independent:

Times:

Fujitsu apologises to Post Office victims and promises compensation

Evening Standard:

Lee Anderson: I didn't vote against Rwanda Bill after Labour MPs 'sniggered and laughed' at me

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s plan to ‘stop the boats’ – The prime minister is trying to make history, but he’s no Churchill"

Telegraph:

Three-quarters of voters say Sunak’s ‘stop the boats’ pledge has gone badly

Matt:

Train ticket machines 52pc more expensive – five ways to cut your fare

Independent:

Rishi Sunak set for titanic battle with Lords over Rwanda bill

Times:

Evening Standard:

London Tube and bus fares frozen by Sadiq Khan until 2025 in boost for commuters

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jeremy Hunt’s tax-cut tease in Davos – Speaking at the World Economic Forum, the chancellor says he’s hopeful of reducing taxes in the spring budget"

Telegraph:

Matt:

King seen for first time since prostate operation announcement

Independent:

Sunak ‘determined’ to pass Rwanda Bill ahead of Lords showdown; After JMW Turner.

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"The Rwanda scheme falls into a trap set by the Lords – The £240m white elephant is halted as peers approve a two-month timetable to scrutinise Rishi Sunak’s bill"

Sunday Telegraph:

Channel migrants given right to work in UK

Matt:

Why Tory talk is turning – again – to a change of leadership

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Donald Trump and the New Hampshire primary – The former president is seemingly cruising towards the Republican nomination. Can anyone stop him?"

Telegraph:

Putin could attack Nato countries in five to eight years, Germany warns

Times:

Evening Standard:

Ron DeSantis drops out of presidential race and endorses Donald Trump; Storm Isha: London commuters suffer travel chaos as UK hit by winds up to 107mph

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the ongoing tragedy in Gaza – The death toll in Gaza has risen to 25,000 and Benjamin Netanyahu has rejected the idea of a Palestinian state"

Telegraph:

Starmer: Labour would get ahead of storms like Isha

Matt:

Culture Secretary accuses BBC of bias; Storm Jocelyn to shut down rail services across Scotland

Times:

Nikki Haley fights to close gap with Trump

Evening Standard:

London mayoral election: Sadiq Khan fires warning shot with 100 days to go; Six million BBC viewers watch Gladiators return

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on what’s powering Rishi Sunak – While his country crumbles, the prime minister is still able to assert himself on the world stage"

Telegraph:

Watch: Royal Navy warships crash in Bahrain

Matt:

"The Met Office’s bizarre storm advice exposes the new British sickness"

Independent:

Air strikes send ‘clearest possible message’ to Houthis, says Cameron

Times:

Storm Jocelyn: how trains are disrupted in northern England and Scotland

Evening Standard:

Royal Mail could deliver letters just three days a week, says Ofcom

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Donald Trump’s progress along the Republican nomination trail – A win in New Hampshire win sees the former president confident that he’s on his way to the White House again"

Telegraph:

Grant Shapps defends troop cuts as UK soldiers have a ‘can-do’ attitude

Matt:

Oust Sunak or Tories face election massacre, warns former Cabinet ally

Independent:

No one likes the guy yelling ‘iceberg’, says Tory who called for Sunak’s ousting

Times:

Evening Standard:

British military chief in 'citizen army' call to prepare country for land war

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the link between knife crime and austerity – Knife crime in Britain has risen after government cuts to youth services and a resulting lack of opportunities for young people"

Telegraph:

Reform UK support surges to record high

Matt:

Independent:

No 10 defends September date for zombie-style blades ban

Times:

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the ICJ’s verdict on Israel – The international court of justice has ordered Israel to ‘take all measures’ to prevent acts of genocide in Gaza"

Telegraph:

Ukraine conflict shows calling up public can win wars, says UK Army chief

Matt:

Telegraph takeover: UK government intends to order new investigation into deal

Independent:

After Henry Fuseli.

The i paper:

Times:

Reconsider size of your forces, head of US navy tells Britain

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"The Tory right is coming for Rishi Sunak – Dark forces are dragging the prime minister – and the party – to extinction"

Sunday Telegraph:

‘Of course I jolly well would’: Boris Johnson pledges to join Army to fight Russia if needed

Matt:

Sunday Times:

The Traitors review — a finale to restore faith in primetime pop culture

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak, the lame duck PM - With the Conservatives facing electoral disaster, the party plotters are at it again, seeking to oust yet another leader"

Telegraph:

‘Disbelief’ as under-manned Royal Navy seeks to re-deploy officers to diversity and inclusion team

Times:

Lords will try to halt Rwanda flights until after the election

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak faces backlash from Tory right over tobacco ban plan

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

RoboRodent posted:

It's really loving weird to be Canadian and have Americans tell me about how there's no medical care in Canada something something death panels and dying on wait lists.

I have surgery on Friday. I waited about a month before they gave me a date, and I am paying nothing. Well, money for parking, and I did have to buy a lot of frozen dinners to eat if I hurt too much to feed myself after.

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly! :glomp:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Liz Truss’s criticism of Rishi Sunak’s anti-smoking plans – Truss has said that the prime minister’s plan to gradually ban cigarette sales is ‘absurd’ and ‘profoundly unconservative’"

Telegraph:

EU calls for 'gendered language' to be scrapped

Matt:

Train strikes: All the rail services affected this week; Rishi Sunak reveals details of weekly 36-hour fast

Times:

Evening Standard:

What is a world war? Russian state TV predicts World War III; Donald Trump says 'we are on the brink of World War 3' after drone strike

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the DUP’s deal with Westminster – The DUP has decided to end its boycott of power-sharing in Northern Ireland, which coincides with the fourth anniversary of the UK leaving the EU"

Telegraph:

French farmers evade police to block world's biggest food market - latest updates After Delacroix.

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Brexit: The people’s damning verdict four years on

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the deal to restore power-sharing in Northern Ireland – The months and years tick by in a hospital waiting room as patients wait for political compromise and functional health service"

Telegraph:

Nicola Sturgeon admits she deleted Covid WhatsApp messages

Matt:

Independent:

Tearful Nicola Sturgeon admits deleting WhatsApps – but denies politicising Covid crisis

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Labour’s refusal to reinstate the bankers’ bonus cap – Senior Labour figures are annoyed by news that the party will not reinstate a cap on bankers’ bonuses if it wins the next election"

Telegraph:

Tax cuts in Budget will not be as large as the autumn's, Jeremy Hunt warns

Matt:

The downbeat IMF economist who is persistently bleak on Britain

Independent:

Labour finally ditches its £28bn green investment promise

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Labour’s business conference and a binned green investment plan – City executives have flocked to Keir Starmer and Rachel Reeves’s Oval charm offensive" Also Missing monkey trapped by yorkshire pudding in Scotland

Telegraph:

Matt:

Lewis Hamilton issues warning to doubters ahead of Ferrari switch

Independent:

After Ferdinand Hodler.

The i paper:

Times:

Michelle O’Neill becomes Northern Ireland’s first minister

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"Rearranging the deckchairs on the Tory Titanic – Jeremy Hunt and Jacob Rees-Mogg do, er, their best to avert disaster"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

French farmers call off protests after new law tackling food imports is announced

Sunday Times:

Labour sows confusion over its £28bn green plans

Mail on Sunday:

Government will give childcare workers £1,000 to join the sector as part of major recruitment drive

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on US and British airstrikes on Iranian-backed militias – The Pentagon is continuing its attacks in reprisal for the killing of three US soldiers at a military base on the Jordan-Syria border"

Telegraph:

Army fails to meet recruitment targets at all training centres for five years After Lady Butler.

Times:

Evening Standard:

O’Neill expects poll on Irish unity to take place in next decade; Love Island: When does the All Stars series finish and is there a Casa Amor twist this year?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the reopening of the Northern Ireland assembly – The first minister, Michelle O’Neill, and deputy first minister, Emma Little-Pengelly, have taken their seats in Stormont"

Telegraph:

Church aiding asylum claims on mass scale, say Patel and Braverman

Matt:

Paris votes to triple parking fees for out-of-town SUV drivers

Times:

Liz Truss says Britain is full of ‘secret Tories’ at PopCon event

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on King Charles’s cancer diagnosis – Prince Harry has returned to the UK after the news of his father’s diagnosis"

Telegraph:

Inside the battle to recharge Britain’s slowing electric car market

Matt:

Independent:

Rishi Sunak defends £1,000 Rwanda bet for ‘showing commitment’

Times:

Evening Standard:

What is Popular Conservatism? Liz Truss launches movement at 'PopCon' event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on King Charles’s cancer and the NHS – As the King’s treatment commences, the queues for NHS care grow longer"

Telegraph:

The picture that says everything about the sorry state of NHS dentistry

Matt:

Dentists to be paid £20k golden hellos to move to NHS ‘dental deserts’

Independent:

NHS dentistry ‘recovery plan’ not worthy of the title, dentists say; Public don’t want to admit they’re Tories, says Liz Truss

Times:

Donald Trump does not have presidential immunity, court rules

Evening Standard:

Labour's green dream wilts as £28billion spending pledge is ditched