Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Randalor posted:

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon

Cool, cool, just a bunch of racist caricatures of people you're claiming are your allies. I wonder how he feels about A. Whytt Mann portrayals of Jewish people.

I'm genuinely surprised he refrained from drawing a bone through someone's nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What the gently caress? A Prick City strip containing a clear, coherent, and self-contained take on an issue?

Prckly City has been consistently Anti-Trump, we can give it that much. Now, if you expect them to elaborate on why, they don't go much further that he's embarrassing and has bad vibes, because the author likely has no convictions or strongly held principles. It's just one side of the 'both are bad and cringe' coin for him.

The strips never go into issues like human rights, immigration, actual wars, supreme court, political violence, etc. It's just the most shallow regurgitating of the last meme or gaffe. Stantis is the equivalent of an enviromentalist that thinks he addressed the issue by painting his SUV green.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Mixed Messages

Low bar, but that's the best Rall I have seen in a long while. No word wall, no smug "You should all be caring about THIS, sheeple", actual concise message expressed visually.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Dial911 posted:

I wish the Sinfest dude would pick a lane already, his comics have no coherence at all behind whatever the outrage of the day is in Nazi Town . Frankly, I'm amazed that his fans can even comprehend his meandering bullshit.

Current Tatsuya reminds me of 2000's David Duke, when he was big on making friends with muslims because they were "conservative, anti-communist, family-centered" people, and thus he was big on hyping Palestinian causes for a while to push back against the evil jews.

Then 9/11 happened and he still tried for a bit, but the writing was on the wall (getting his crew to cheer for anyone brown-coded and non-christian was always borderline insane) and he and the other nazis pivoted to Russia being the Great White Hope to renew the West.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Clerical Terrors posted:

Did he mean to put the "A" in "A western civilization"? Pretty sure Israel's leaders aren't too afraid to defend themselves.

I'd sacrifice my left pinky finger to see a meeting/debate between Tatsuya and Kirschen. They are 99.99% the same fascist, with their choice of the chosen and the villain races being the only difference.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

He's been fully, fully mask-off for quite some time now, but every week he finds a way to be even more brazen with it. Like he's fighting to be the most comically overt, unsubtle dumbass possible.
Something about this strip is so jarring. I mean, obviously it's jarring because the punchline is "JEWS ARE DOING THIS!!! IT'S JEWS!!!", but the rare inclusion of Slick and a somewhat linear joke setup instead of vague doomsaying about LGBT people makes me flash back to reading this comic in 2004 when it was just forgettable and bland. To imagine this strip right beside all the other old ones is... I can't even find the word to describe it. I can't imagine the reaction I'd have clicking "view latest strip", after a bunch of comics about the dog and the cat musing about their owner or God putting on a silly puppet show for laughs, and immediately seeing this. It breaks something.

I mean, the latest big series/show I saw doing big about hillbillies was Duck Dinasty, and that was pretty much a celebration of rednecks as being earnest, industrious, fun and loving rich.

It was celebrated by conservatives up and down, even though, like their former best boy Dybya, the cast were mostly polo short wearing rich dudes cosplays as aw-shucks rednecks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

Universities are behaving like dinosaurs and the time of the mammals (protestors) has come! A confusing take kirschen

Famous US university of <checks notes> Berkely.

Anyone taking bets on "Legit didn't know the name" versys "Ran out of space"?