Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
That Branco has me wondering since I've surprisingly never looked into it: what is the conservative reaction to the lives of people they like being materially improved from liberal policies in ways that can't be ignored?

(I've probably never observed this in action because lol at liberals directly, obviously and on any kind of wide scale helping people in America through their wonderful oops always capitalist representatives)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Just properly noticed this one. The artist believes the mainstream media reporting on an actually true thing that makes people feel safer is bad, because it feels like they're lying and therefore must be, because Stiglich is a scared little bitch and knows his intended audience are scared little bitches.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 1, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

:effort:

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Clerical Terrors posted:

I wish the far left was as cool and powerful in real life as it seems to be in the paranoid fever dreams of conservatives.
Sometimes I'll give them a long list of actual radical leftist policies the Democrats would never in a million years support. The response is of course the Dems are advocating for all the poo poo you just said and no their words and actions to the contrary don't mean anything why do you ask

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Thoughtless posted:

When has Green Day ever even made a song about trans rights? I don't remember one, so I presume he's just inserting his personal boogeymen into his comics.
I don't know man, we can't catch all the dumb poo poo they complain about. I just don't have the the time to listen to them whine about nothing and everything all they want.

Edit: drat melodramatic fools

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 5, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Edit at below so this post isn't terrible: Conservapedia is really good at the whole "conservatism is The Truth and everything else is a mental disease" angle

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 5, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

A.F. Branco

Wow. First comic "x isn't happening", second comic "x happening but bad".

Also yes I know the only border money you want is for walls and bullets Branco but you're seriously getting mad at the federal government using taxpayer money to do its loving job

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Just checked out the Harvard thing, looks like conservatives decided to throw poo poo at a wall until something finally stuck. So good of these normally anti-education guys to come to the defense of the importance of intellectual honesty in lol no they're just happy a black woman's out of work

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Don't worry, David M. Hitch. The Biden impeachment is unlikely to go anywhere.
Let's roleplay their idea of a Democratic politician.

Boy oh boy I can't wait to go to work and get to work destroying America! Hey wait a minute... that's where all my stuff, power and money is located... oh well, I sure do looove loving myself and everyone I know! Sure is amazing half the politicians in this country love it as much as I do!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

I actually miss the antisemitic and transphobic Sinfests because at least there was something to discuss that was relevant to this thread.
e: A wild GARRISON appears!

Same guy who, in the process of explaining why Trump isn't a fascist, created a big loving checklist of fascist poo poo Trump did as a defense (in convenient numbered list format!).

Hitler Bad, Biden Bad, Trump Opposite of Bad, that's all the genuine thought he puts into this poo poo

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

the_steve posted:

Introducing a new category for the Kellies Nominations: Worst White Noise, for comics that manage a whole lot of :words: without ever actually saying anything.
Ah, that arc when she was running for President without taking an opinion on a policy issue loving once

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

That is a staggering amount of projection. Everything with text on it, other than the big guy bit that is too specific of a reference, Trump is guilty of.

DoJ and FBI handling him with the world's softest kid gloves
Big tech and mainstream media giving him billions in free advertising
Beijing: Ivanka making bank from a Chinese deal very conspicuously right after her dad got in
Ukraine quid pro quo: the first impeachment
Hunter: see above and also you know most of this is them being pissed off at how much Trump's kids got ripped on
Classified docs: what he's being charged with
Racist remarks: not bringing their best folks

And I wish these fucks knew that the original banana republic was a hypercapitalist dystopia

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 11, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Hey does anyone remember what Hitler thought of or did to Marxists, drawing a big ol' blank here

Alternately, hey does anyone remember that Simpsons joke about commie Nazis that we all laughed at because it was common knowledge that communism and fascism are diametrically opposed ideologies

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

I dont know posted:

In the shock after 9/11 democrats became subservient to Bush and let him start as many wars as he pleased while giving unfunded handouts to the rich and slashing public benefits. Stantis sees this as the pinnacle of good governance.
The stance I took in high school on the leadup to the Iraq War, namely that maybe we shouldn't go in hot in a country we seem to be the only ones finding WMDs in, was very unpopular. I assure you nobody there learned a drat thing.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Microplastics posted:

Open Boreders :dumbbravo:
How else would you describe the state of a border with a record number of crossing arrests

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

Isn't that literally what Trump said about people who died to gun violence? I swear this came up lately.
The only way I can see Trump taking responsibility for anything is out of fear of damnation on his deathbed

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

It is insane how conservatives are still mad that a teenager had the gall to call them out for burning the planet to make another buck. Like five years later and they are still doing ugly cartoons about her.

Guess I can’t be surprised considering when another teenager called them out on school shootings they photoshopped him as a girl and got uh…incredibly weird.
Kellies category suggestion: THEY TOLD ME WHAT TO DO

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Phlegmish posted:

This is not a very good cartoon, but it is interesting in the sense that it illustrates just how much the GOP has changed in the last two decades.
Interesting how the party full of people who resist social change at every possible opportunity leave behind the most inflexible true believers in their own bullshit. Or as they would put it, Mitt Romney was the best man in the world to defeat Barack Obama until he was a RINO years later. Both things he's always been depending on when you ask.

Edit: FORPINO
The face of the Republican Party in name only

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

Well you definitely wouldn't.
White AND rich people both have to be personally inconvenienced for racial equality to happen? The gently caress out of here

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

I AM GRANDO posted:

Is Garrison not horny for Haley? Has Tina forbidden him from drawing her body, or does he only get weird horny for women he hates?
I mean it makes sense if the only sexual fantasies you have outside from your wife are rape

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

I believe my enemy does it to me, therefore I may do it to them. These people have the morality of small children.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Grandma, why did people who walked across an arbitrary line get arrested and are being denied their civil rights by every President in the last century?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

axolotl farmer posted:

Oh hey look, it's the return of the Obamaphone! :obama:
As completely certain as they are that illegal immigrants get all that wonderful poo poo, they can never seem to point me in the direction of any of it when I ask what exactly is stopping me from just saying I'm here illegally from Canada to get all that wonderful poo poo

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Life in the Crass Lane"
"Burn flags not fossil fuels!" with a picture of the former is going right up there alongside "your son died for nothing" with a silhouette of a Marine for bumper stickers I might make in the future if I ever want to commit insurance fraud by provoking people in a deep red area into loving my car completely up

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

InsertPotPun posted:

... i mean...yeah.

i bet that "small border town" of *checks notes* texas, is better prepared to handle something that happens to them regularly than places that it doesn't. kinda like how new york is better prepared for a terrorist attack, or snow. lol i bet new york doesn't even have a plan in place for desert conditions in summer!!!

it's like sitting near the emergency exit: if you're not prepared to be sitting there move. go be the governor of a non-border state if you don't want to deal with border issues you assholes. you're moving next to an airport and whining about all the noise. grow up, accept your responsibility, or loving move on so someone else cn.

only republicans can run on the platform of "the job is hard, i'm not prepared to do it, elect me to lead."
This will be relevant eventually

Governor Greg Abbott claimed that Texas is at a "breaking point", as they don't have the money or resources to handle hundreds of thousands of tons of snow.
I mean... what do you think it is, New York City?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Hey Varvel, is there any particular reason you're depicting the razor wire on land instead of in the water where it actually is?

Oh, right, you're fully aware that the main moral issue with what they're doing is people dying of drowning and you know that looks bad you weasely gently caress

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Trapezium Dave posted:

The tax cuts are still happening but to everyone rather than just to the highest earners. Middle and middle-high income earners will come off the best, high income earners won't get as much as they would (but still get a tax cut).

But its a broken promise how can you trust him now. :argh:
Come now, you know the worst thing a person can do from any modern capitalist society's point of view is make wealthy people get money slightly less quickly than they expected

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Hey... President Biden just did something good for Americans like me!
That's great, son! Let's vote for him because voting for people who do poo poo you like is how democracy is supposed to work!
Wow, society is improving over time and I'm bitter!
I wonder if the tax burden will be shifted to my income bracket completely unnecessarily, and what's modern monetary theory?

Edit: didn't see people pointing all that out first but conservatives have gotten so used to the government doing poo poo against people they hate rather than actually doing anything for them that they think this is an aberration

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 27, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

axolotl farmer posted:

Could Ed Gamble be more of a sundowning boomer?
The father is not making it actively clear he hates the mother in that cartoon, but he is still complaining, so partial credit

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
This is the kind of barbed wire I can see by looking out of my window. That ain't what they got on the border.

Random thought.
The left: Biden is funding one too many genocides
The right: Biden is funding one too few genocides

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 28, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Kellies nomination: Most Opposite of Reality. As someone noted when quoting a different cartoon on the subject, the Biden administration won that court case against Texas.

This, except they're waiting for the first person to go to jail for loving around too much

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

I know portraying their side as the villains is a common theme in conservative cartooning but if there's a worse example of it than "see this old man trapped in razor wire? we're the razor wire!" I can't think of it.
Biden could be bleeding in that. Which would be realistically monstrous, so

Thoughtless posted:

You're all commenting on Sinfest being openly nazi or Prickly City being boring, but I think we can all agree that Hitch is the worst cartoonist in the thread. It's like he went to carnival caricature class, learned exactly one drawing, a giant yelling face, and began to draw that and nothing else forever, accompanied by the world's most boring Republican takes.

Like I'd sooner buy a prickly city anthology than look at that guy's art. At least SOMETIME they do something that's not just yelling at the reader.
The talking face and four people saying one sentence thing are probably the only independent ideas he's had in the last thirty years so I can see why he'd run it into the ground

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 29, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
If a certain famous fascist reincarnated in America with his memories intact a decade after dying, you could replace the person Fishman is clearly talking about with Anime Hitler and Biden would be completely correct here.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Discendo Vox posted:

Lift Every Voice and Sing. NFL has sometimes played it in addition to (not instead of) the national anthem during pregame ceremonies at major event, basically as deflective pandering.
It's so weird how that works.

1. Corporation makes business move toward DEI to get more money
2. Conservatives love corporations so much that apparently it's the one time they can't figure out when someone really is being disingenuous for money so they take it at face value
3. Corporation learns whether or not it's a slow news cycle by how much poo poo they eat for it

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Clerical Terrors posted:

I don't think whether or not the company is being disingenuous for money is something they care about, because as they see it none of it is ever genuine. If this were some kind of of grass-roots community driven effort they'd still grumble about how it's being "forced on us" by some ill-defined enemy whose goals are to make them miserable out of pure malice.

It has to be a culture "war", and they have to be "fighting" it, because otherwise they'd have to face the fact that they're wrong and are just being petulant losers.
Good point. I forgot for a moment that in their minds they're either fighting minorities directly, those who believe they stand to personally gain by fighting on their side, and nobody else.

If you tell a conservative you want better things for everyone, they'll just decline to believe you. Explain to them how and they get enraged because thinking about a solution that works, working for any amount of time coming from someone they hate is deeply uncomfortable. Especially if it helps those people as well

I've found the better you get at refuting their bullshit, the more frantically they engage in whataboutism before finding an excuse to put you in a box labeled none of your opinions matter because arbitrary thing X. We do that too but it's more like X is a domain with a loving massive set of variables that mostly involve anger and fear

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 29, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

InsertPotPun posted:

"did you know: abortions end a pregnancy?"
"i...i hadn't thought of it that way!!! and who's this? 'jesus christ' you say?? and he died for MY sins???"

these people are so ignorant and can't conceive that other people might not be, it really is a lack of empathy all the way to the foundation of right wingers
I missed this the first time but as Carlin correctly pointed out, they don't give a gently caress about baby lives. You make it out of the womb, talk to us again when you can sign up for credit cards and the military. Or die first, whatever.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Psychiatry is one of the most Democrat-leaning occupations there is. Nice touch of the "we can do to them what we say they do to us" seed you're planting there

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

RoboRodent posted:

It's really loving weird to be Canadian and have Americans tell me about how there's no medical care in Canada something something death panels and dying on wait lists.

I have surgery on Friday. I waited about a month before they gave me a date, and I am paying nothing. Well, money for parking, and I did have to buy a lot of frozen dinners to eat if I hurt too much to feed myself after.
You know how conservatives are mostly not in cities because those beliefs aren't sustainable when you interact with people who contradict them (by existing)? Yeah.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

After the first 2-3 days you should be fine if not particularly eager to get up and about.

On that note I am paying off my gallbladder operation FOUR YEARS later. See instead of one bill like a sane system would use, I get some Mad Hatter bouquet of bills to various doctors. I guess I'm not blameless, as I didn't keep track of it all, but at some point the hospital stopped sending bills and I thought I was done.

Nearly TWO YEARS later, I get a collection notice from the hospital. The good news is that I was able to gently caress over the vultures at the collection company and just set up a payment plan directly to the hospital, but it's also odd I got nothing after the first three months of bills. No warnings, no calls, nothing for two years.
You'd think that with how the rate of administrators skyrocketed since the nineties, they'd be better at that

Wait what do you mean the whole point of that is to make poo poo as convoluted as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021