Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Did anyone else have to take lots of spoonfuls of amoxicillin as a kid in the 90's?? You get it in pill form these days but back then children were prescribed the liquid version, which had an incredibly unique taste, unlike anything else I've experienced until now.

This stuff. This stuff tastes just like it. It's fuckin crazy. One sip, and I'm 8 years old with an ear infection again. It's crazy how severe the nostalgia hit me. I'm not sure if I'll have this again but I definitely recommend trying it once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Looks gross op

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I’d rather not be reminded of an infected cyst while sipping my beverage. But whatever, OP.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I unironically liked the taste of that medicine and I can't be the only weirdo on the internet who did

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
im a Dynatap kid

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Never tried it but I'll give it a shot if I happen to find one.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Did anyone else have to take lots of spoonfuls of amoxicillin as a kid in the 90's?? You get it in pill form these days but back then children were prescribed the liquid version, which had an incredibly unique taste, unlike anything else I've experienced until now.

This stuff. This stuff tastes just like it. It's fuckin crazy. One sip, and I'm 8 years old with an ear infection again. It's crazy how severe the nostalgia hit me. I'm not sure if I'll have this again but I definitely recommend trying it once.

I used to love the taste of amoxicillin but later on I realized it tasted like mango.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Mmm Starbucks Pink! I love drinking Pink!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Probably pairs well with vodka

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I didn't know wtf you were talking about and I looked it up and that's some poo poo I hadn't thought about in decades.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
amoxicillin is one of the only things I'm allergic to, so this better kill me OP

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Did anyone else have to take lots of spoonfuls of amoxicillin as a kid in the 90's??

Only once but it gave me hives over my entire body, to the point where my family thought I had chicken pox.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

super sweet best pal posted:

Only once but it gave me hives over my entire body, to the point where my family thought I had chicken pox.

this is how I found out I was allergic

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
One of the weird bang flavors I could not drink because of this. I think it was like rainbow unicorn or something.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

I unironically liked the taste of that medicine and I can't be the only weirdo on the internet who did

I did too

I've never wanted to try a single thing at Starbucks before now

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

amoxicillin, really? you allergic to penicillin or something?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Bad Purchase posted:

amoxicillin, really? you allergic to penicillin or something?

I don't know why it was used like it was, but the liquid amoxicillin was the first line Rx for kids with ear infections and strep throat in the 80s where I was a kid

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Gonna have to try this now, definitely drank the pink stuff as a kid. Dunno wtf was up with my ears, maybe I was fuckin em up just to get at more pink stuff.

This reminds me of another sensory nostalgia trip I discovered.

This handsoap by Method smells exactly like the cheap suntan lotion my parents slathered me with as a kid when we went to the beach. It's all I buy now.

weg fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 1, 2024

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I hated the taste of liquid antibiotics so much it made me start asking for pills at a really young age, which seemed to surprise the doctors. I was like 8 or 9 and asking if I could get pills instead of liquid, because good lord that poo poo tasted horrible.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

Looks gross op

turn on youre monitor

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I didn't know wtf you were talking about and I looked it up and that's some poo poo I hadn't thought about in decades.

I hadn't thought about it either! I was just at Wawa, on an off day from work, looking for a fun bottled beverage to try, gave this stuff a shot. The moment it hit my taste buds there was an instant hit of recognition.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

weg posted:

Gonna have to try this now, definitely drank the pink stuff as a kid. Dunno wtf was up with my ears, maybe I was fuckin em up just to get at more pink stuff.

This reminds me of another sensory nostalgia trip I discovered.

This handsoap by Method smells exactly like the cheap suntan lotion my parents slathered me with as a kid when we went to the beach. It's all I buy now.

Coppertone!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

im a Dynatap kid

You’ll be disappointed to know they changed the formula to be less delicious

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I can't take syrups anymore. I didn't like it as a kid then one time I threw up trying to take pepto bismol and ever since I just can't do liquid meds. I'll swallow a horse pill gladly instead.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

i was thinking about that poo poo just the other day and will be seeking this drink out

thanks, op

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Gas thread, boycott coffee company, /r/hailcorporate, etc.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Doctor Butts posted:

I used to love the taste of amoxicillin but later on I realized it tasted like mango.

What the fukc?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

i was thinking about that poo poo just the other day and will be seeking this drink out

thanks, op

If I got it at a Wawa just look at pharmacies and convenience stores. I looked it up and it is a bottled version of an actual thing you can order at Starbucks but I can't imagine a freshly mixed cup of this stuff would taste as medicine-like as the shelf stable bottled version

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i used to like the taste of the liquid antibiotics when I was a kid but i turned out how i did so it's probably not an endorsement

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

it was so goddamn good. i had some cough medicine I think a few years ago that tastes like the cherry (?) jelly belly beans. It was amazing too. Jolly ranchers

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
When I was a kid my parents would give me a glass of water to wash away the taste of any bad-tasting medicine. I think I was nearly 30 before I realized I didn't actually have to drink a glass of water after taking liquid medicine.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

AKA Pseudonym posted:

When I was a kid my parents would give me a glass of water to wash away the taste of any bad-tasting medicine. I think I was nearly 30 before I realized I didn't actually have to drink a glass of water after taking liquid medicine.

It's almost always good to drink more water, especially when you're sick and snotting sweating maybe vomiting.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

im a Dynatap kid

Want that purple flavor so much.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
Maybe it had mold in it, OP.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I just started gagging thinking about it.

It was always weirdly thick. I hate thick drinks, to this day. It makes sucking dick down at the factory much harder than it should be, I tellyawhat.

I used to beg my doctor to just give me pills. Who the gently caress wants to taste something unpleasant and lingering when you can just swallow a pill and be done? What loving weakling among you made them think kids needed syrup instead of pills?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It was thick, and that was part of the experience

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Thick is good now, gramps

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Thick is good now, gramps

Uh, it's spelled thicc, and it's for asses, not gross medical beverages

Duh.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I have a kid and can tell you they still have pink liquid amoxicillin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

DicktheCat posted:

Uh, it's spelled thicc, and it's for asses, not gross medical beverages

Duh.

ITS FOR EVERYTHING