Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Big rear end On Fire posted:

I have a kid and can tell you they still have pink liquid amoxicillin

Yeah but if I go to my primary care and request it, I'm "drug seeking" and my premiums go up. Fuckin HMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

redshirt posted:

Probably pairs well with vodka

Not as well as amoxicillin.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Bad Purchase posted:

amoxicillin, really? you allergic to penicillin or something?

I'm not allergic to it but my body can't process it if it's on its own (like in pill form), it makes me delirious and stuff. If it's with a good binding agent I seem to be okay, and I had the liquid form a lot as a kid. All my drs have it listed as an allergy to be on the safe side.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Yeah but if I go to my primary care and request it, I'm "drug seeking" and my premiums go up. Fuckin HMO

This scans like a joke but poo poo is ridiculous now

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I remember that pink poo poo. There was always one weird kid in every school year who thought it was delicious so I guess now I found out where one of them got to at least.

That garbage tasted like a second hand strawberry milkshake and the only thing worse was the "banana" flavoured one

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Reelbigmoron

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Milo and WRONGUS

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I remember that taking amoxicillin made your pee smell like amoxicillin

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Milo and POTUS posted:

ITS FOR EVERYTHING

Agreed.
Though usually I poke fun at thicc at home by saying thigg.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Whooping Crabs posted:

I remember that taking amoxicillin made your pee smell like amoxicillin

thats asparagus

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
I was sick all the drat time as a kid as my sinuses are weird.

The main syrups:

Dimetapp
pink amoxicillin in the fridge
Another pink fridge one that was transparent and more bubblegummy. Top shelf
Robitussin.
Cherry codeine syrup. I was given a lot of this, and my brain still says that it's the best thing that I've ever tasted. Not great in retrospect

nice obelisk idiot fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 3, 2024

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

This stuff. This stuff tastes just like it. It's fuckin crazy. One sip, and I'm 8 years old with an ear infection again. It's crazy how severe the nostalgia hit me. I'm not sure if I'll have this again but I definitely recommend trying it once.

Remember that scene in the Simpsons where Principle Skinner describes the broth he was fed in captivity, and then digresses into a discussion about how hes never been able to recreate the soup at home? So yeah, as a kid who had so many ear infections that the doctor was threatening to put tubes up his ears this stuff is my version of that. I know exactly what you mean and cant wait to try this drink that is probably absolute garbage.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Dimetapp was also a big favorite of mine. The low sugar grape Gatorade really tastes like it. Not the zero sugar, not the full bodied stuff, but the low sugar grape.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I used to get antibiotics in a banana flavored syrup. I've only been able to find a similar flavor in some candies, which they don't make anymore.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You can revisit a lot of the old noxiously artificial fruit flavors by buying a bag of Tootsie fruit chews. I love them

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Two words: Veterinary suspension

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I finally had another bottle of this and I stick by my opinion. It reminds me of amoxicillin in taste and consistency

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I have a core memory of being really young and sick all the time and there was some dank yellowish green syrup I would have to take. I have never encountered the taste again and I can’t really describe it other than it tasted yellowish green. Trying to recall a taste or a smell is such an elusive thing. Like sometimes I almost think I can remember it but the feeling vanishes immediately. This was in the 70s so who knows what that stuff was, could have been straight liquor for all I know.

There was also a white chalky peppermint tasting stuff for diarrhea that I liked but I’ve never found that again either. Maybe Starbucks has it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I tried this poo poo and it didn't taste anything like the pink strawberry poo poo. I've been hornswoggled, bamboozled and all around had

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ralph Hurley posted:

I have a core memory of being really young and sick all the time and there was some dank yellowish green syrup I would have to take. I have never encountered the taste again and I can’t really describe it other than it tasted yellowish green. Trying to recall a taste or a smell is such an elusive thing. Like sometimes I almost think I can remember it but the feeling vanishes immediately. This was in the 70s so who knows what that stuff was, could have been straight liquor for all I know.

There was also a white chalky peppermint tasting stuff for diarrhea that I liked but I’ve never found that again either. Maybe Starbucks has it.

Triaminic?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I tried this poo poo and it didn't taste anything like the pink strawberry poo poo. I've been hornswoggled, bamboozled and all around had

I'm sorry, it honestly hits the nostalgia button for me. No jiggery-pokery was intended.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I saw you yesterday
Looked like you were running away
You seemed so uneasy
That's not the way to please me
We gotta go to the harm tonight
We gotta get our minds alright

Doesn't hurt to have a taste
Haven't got a life to waste
With pink drink
We bear witness to the sound
Gotta lotta points to sell
Closer up than anyone can tell
With pink drink it's much better
And so much more fun

Who's gonna pull the magic string
Sitting on the throne of the lonely king
And it's not who we blow
But who we blow off
That smooths our heads in a pink cloud
The world's so stiff in its usual form
But our spin shakes like a tube in a storm, yeah

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My husband is allergic to penicillin.

I got the short end of the stick, last time I broke out, it was Old Country Buffet scallops.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I like Pepto-Bismul

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i've never heard of bottled amox. always came as pills.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I’ve had amoxicillin as both pills and liquid suspension, always preferred the pills, they tasted like bubblegum. My doc would always ask whether I wanted the pills that tasted like bubblegum or the ones that tasted like dirt. He was p. cool.

Dimetapp was the best so when my daughter got sick I bought some for her, but now it suuuuucks. But it’s not as awful as the liquid augmentin (which is amox + potassium clavulanate) that I used to take when I had strep or if my quarterly ear infection was bad enough; it was… idk, orange? but a really sickly orange flavor, even thicker than liquid amox, and really grainy. Gritty. It was god damned atrocious.

root beer fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 21, 2024

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Orange flavored Tynenol is good.

Robotussin is the worst, and every time I eat 'cherry' or 'grape' flavored candy I remember my mom making me swallow it.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

im a Dynatap kid

Tussin 4 life

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Treecko posted:

Orange flavored Tynenol is good.

Robotussin is the worst, and every time I eat 'cherry' or 'grape' flavored candy I remember my mom making me swallow it.
re dextromethorphan: Delsym orange is good. The polystirex form gives it a unique mouthfeel not unlike pink amox, like microscopic plasticy beads.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm a dyslexic meth orphan.

I know that's not what you ment, but it's pharmaceutical name sure make me think that.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Remember when Sudafed was OTC? Man being 5 was wild.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Treecko posted:

I'm a dyslexic meth orphan.

I know that's not what you ment, but it's pharmaceutical name sure make me think that.

I've seen this word so many times before. Why did I never notice this??

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
/consider

A Dexterous Meth Orphan judges you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My hands hurt in the cold, so I guess I'm also a dextro challenged meth orphan.

Drug names are weird.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I remember some of my friends getting hosed up on DXM when we were young. There used to be a cough medicine that was only DXM and that poo poo would gently caress you up if you ate a whole box.

I just smoked a lot weed instead because I'm only a medium dumbass.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I was p ok friends with a guy in high-school who drank Tussin out of an old Hawaiian Punch bottle, and ate un-subscribed pills out of an Altoids tin.

He killed himself the year after he graduated.

Rip Andy.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
RIP Andy.

I lost a buddy right after highschool to DUI. He was gonna self destruct one way or another based on his trajectory. If I knew then what I know now about the benefits of therapy there maybe could have been an intervention. He had lots of internal strife. There were a lot of nights where I convinced him to crash on my couch instead of driving home. I wish he'd been drinking my place that night.

rip Chris

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Did anyone else have to take lots of spoonfuls of amoxicillin as a kid in the 90's?? You get it in pill form these days but back then children were prescribed the liquid version, which had an incredibly unique taste, unlike anything else I've experienced until now.

This stuff. This stuff tastes just like it. It's fuckin crazy. One sip, and I'm 8 years old with an ear infection again. It's crazy how severe the nostalgia hit me. I'm not sure if I'll have this again but I definitely recommend trying it once.

I enjoyed this post and the thread title. I love amoxicillin. Voting 4 and only deducting a point because the thread was in mono and not stereo.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Internet hug, rip Chris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I'm with the pill people. From as young an age as I can remember, I dreaded any liquid meds and just wished I could take a pill. It's never going to taste good! Why would I want the version you have to taste?

A couple decades later I had to give my lizard a liquid antibiotic for a mild infection because you can't really convince a lizard to take a pill. He was good about it but it took like 15 minutes of convincing for him to open his mouth and he was clear that he did not like it. My mom told me this was exactly five year old me.