Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Elukka posted:

I'm with the pill people. From as young an age as I can remember, I dreaded any liquid meds and just wished I could take a pill. It's never going to taste good! Why would I want the version you have to taste?

A couple decades later I had to give my lizard a liquid antibiotic for a mild infection because you can't really convince a lizard to take a pill. He was good about it but it took like 15 minutes of convincing for him to open his mouth and he was clear that he did not like it. My mom told me this was exactly five year old me.

Yeah, I remember the doctor being kind of surprised when I asked for pills instead of liquid - I guess most kids struggle with them? But holy poo poo I hated liquid antibiotics, and once I had the wherewithal to ask for pills never looked back. I was a pretty healthy kid aside from the usual strep throat, and the less usual pneumonia and scarlet fever, so ended up on antibiotics a lot.

I do wonder if the codeine and/or hydrocodone cough syrup I ended taking with some frequency in childhood primed me for drug problems later in life, but addiction runs pretty strong in my dad's side so it might have been moot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

nice obelisk idiot posted:

re dextromethorphan: Delsym orange is good. The polystirex form gives it a unique mouthfeel not unlike pink amox, like microscopic plasticy beads.

I can practically taste it now. That polystyrex goes down smooth

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I unironically liked the taste of that medicine and I can't be the only weirdo on the internet who did
Yeah I remember my grandma being like "oh boy, this isnt gonna taste good, be good for me" and me wincing until I tasted it and then I gulped the rest with the quickness.

I got to experience that again when my wisdom tooth slot hole got infected.

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhl'apn
Amoxicillin existed in pill form only as far I knew, right up until my younger brother got some and I was rightfully miffed. I was nearly done with high school before I mastered getting pills to go down and stay that way.

This absolute Nectar of the Gods though:

Milo and POTUS posted:

it was so goddamn good. i had some cough medicine I think a few years ago that tastes like the cherry (?) jelly belly beans. It was amazing too.

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Cherry codeine syrup. I was given a lot of this, and my brain still says that it's the best thing that I've ever tasted. Not great in retrospect
If I didn't discover cherry jelly beans almost immediately after, I could have developed an actual problem. I like real cherries, too, but the artificial overly sweet stuff is on another level. :love: Cherry jello is a nice runner up.

Gelatin based sweets are also supposed to be good for sore throats, so I highly recommend catching pneumonia so as to acquire these treats (you'll get to taste them twice when they come back up). It'll get you 3-4 months away school/work, too!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Treecko posted:

I like Pepto-Bismul

teh cherry is soo good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

012524_6
Jan 26, 2024
it makes up for the lack of content versus money spent