Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Did anyone else have to take lots of spoonfuls of amoxicillin as a kid in the 90's?? You get it in pill form these days but back then children were prescribed the liquid version, which had an incredibly unique taste, unlike anything else I've experienced until now.

This stuff. This stuff tastes just like it. It's fuckin crazy. One sip, and I'm 8 years old with an ear infection again. It's crazy how severe the nostalgia hit me. I'm not sure if I'll have this again but I definitely recommend trying it once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I unironically liked the taste of that medicine and I can't be the only weirdo on the internet who did

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I didn't know wtf you were talking about and I looked it up and that's some poo poo I hadn't thought about in decades.

I hadn't thought about it either! I was just at Wawa, on an off day from work, looking for a fun bottled beverage to try, gave this stuff a shot. The moment it hit my taste buds there was an instant hit of recognition.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

i was thinking about that poo poo just the other day and will be seeking this drink out

thanks, op

If I got it at a Wawa just look at pharmacies and convenience stores. I looked it up and it is a bottled version of an actual thing you can order at Starbucks but I can't imagine a freshly mixed cup of this stuff would taste as medicine-like as the shelf stable bottled version

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

AKA Pseudonym posted:

When I was a kid my parents would give me a glass of water to wash away the taste of any bad-tasting medicine. I think I was nearly 30 before I realized I didn't actually have to drink a glass of water after taking liquid medicine.

It's almost always good to drink more water, especially when you're sick and snotting sweating maybe vomiting.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It was thick, and that was part of the experience

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Big rear end On Fire posted:

I have a kid and can tell you they still have pink liquid amoxicillin

Yeah but if I go to my primary care and request it, I'm "drug seeking" and my premiums go up. Fuckin HMO

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dimetapp was also a big favorite of mine. The low sugar grape Gatorade really tastes like it. Not the zero sugar, not the full bodied stuff, but the low sugar grape.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You can revisit a lot of the old noxiously artificial fruit flavors by buying a bag of Tootsie fruit chews. I love them

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I finally had another bottle of this and I stick by my opinion. It reminds me of amoxicillin in taste and consistency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I tried this poo poo and it didn't taste anything like the pink strawberry poo poo. I've been hornswoggled, bamboozled and all around had

I'm sorry, it honestly hits the nostalgia button for me. No jiggery-pokery was intended.