Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Also lol at the constitution being the "founding document".

It was written in 1901, 118 years after Sandwich and Banks wrote "A Proposal for Establishing a Settlement in New South Wales", on the 24 August 1783.

i do not consent to these factoids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Bill Posters posted:

Competition for worst Auspol poster really heating up.
Glad you could make it to registration! Good Luck!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

GrandTheftAutism posted:

No, it doesn't help, fuckface.

Not voting yes regardless of reasons means I'm automatically racist? That's an even shittier take. I was asked to change the founding document of my country for the sake of people who despise my country (or worse, outright reject its existence). On what loving planet is that a reasonable request?

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Also lol at the constitution being the "founding document".

It was written in 1901, over a century, after this place was founded, and 118 years after Sandwich and Banks wrote "A Proposal for Establishing a Settlement in New South Wales", on the 24 August 1783.

Also the "change" was pretty much cosmetic and didn't actually alter it in any significant manner. It was a token of reconciliation but apparently even a token was way too much to ask of some people

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Biden has so much more get up and go than Albanese. Even if it's all bullshit at least he's active saying he's backing in actual policies that exist and sound good. He even said he's got transgender people's backs (once again whatever that means, but better than what I'd expect).

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

GrandTheftAutism posted:

No, it doesn't help, fuckface.

Not voting yes regardless of reasons means I'm automatically racist? That's an even shittier take. I was asked to change the founding document of my country for the sake of people who despise my country (or worse, outright reject its existence). On what loving planet is that a reasonable request?
I'm still confused be who the people who despise this country are supposed to be. Is it indigenous people OP? It sure sounds like you are saying so.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Captain Theron posted:

I'm still confused be who the people who despise this country are supposed to be. Is it indigenous people OP? It sure sounds like you are saying so.

you know, (((those people)))

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Cartoon posted:

Glad you could make it to registration! Good Luck!

Thanks. You're a real inspiration to the rest of us.

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
somebody buy Antony Green a forums account, this poo poo's ready to be called already

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

hooman posted:

EDIT: Also your poo poo towns of Australia rankings contains a lot of pointing and judging of the poor and disadvantaged. That's kinda gross too.

Please try to be less gross.

Thanks for this by the way, you managed to put into words a feeling of skeeviness I've had over those for a while but haven't been able to express.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Captain Theron posted:

The follow-up question here is "which country?"

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

it's me, I despise the country

gently caress regional areas

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

Why has your reasoning changed since you were arguing for progressive no prior to the referendum?

Recoome. That's my complete and honest answer.

I put my reasoning forward for why my made a progressive no vote and Recoome ignored everything I said in favour of calling me an idiot, then needled me - with the assistance of other posters - long after the referendum had left the news cycle. His behaviour towards me didn't make me reconsider my position, it didn't make me reconsider the reasoning behind my referendum vote, it just made me angry and resentful and wonder why I bothered supporting First Nations causes at all if all I got in return was pissy Aboriginals with chips on their shoulders hanging poo poo on me. You wanted a loving meltdown, Recoome? CONGRATULATIONS, YOU SPITEFUL BLACK BASTARD, HERE'S YOUR loving MELTDOWN, WITH ALL THE RACISM YOU CAN HANDLE. Guess what, fuckfaces? You're not the only marginalized people in this loving country, stop acting like you are and stop throwing a loving tantrum every time the majority tells you no. Life is not fair, deal with it.

And as for the rest of you: learn some loving ideological flexibility, and stop acting like these threads are some goddamn echo chamber. Not everyone thinks like you, not everyone acts like you, not everyone is going to march in loving lockstep with you while sipping cruelty-free soy fuckacinos. The moment someone says something that is slightly out of tune with the loving hive mind in here, they are instantly turned upon and torn up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Big surprise. You'd have to be insane to progressive no vote

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
If these are the kinds of meltdowns we get at the moment I think it's clear that nuclear will never be viable in Australia.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Is the other marginalised minority you're talking about white cops or something?

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

GrandTheftAutism posted:

I put my reasoning forward for why my made a progressive no vote and Recoome ignored everything I said in favour of calling me an idiot, then needled me - with the assistance of other posters - long after the referendum had left the news cycle. His behaviour towards me didn't make me reconsider my position, it didn't make me reconsider the reasoning behind my referendum vote, it just made me angry and resentful and wonder why I bothered supporting First Nations causes at all if all I got in return was pissy Aboriginals with chips on their shoulders hanging poo poo on me. You wanted a loving meltdown, Recoome? CONGRATULATIONS, YOU SPITEFUL BLACK BASTARD, HERE'S YOUR loving MELTDOWN, WITH ALL THE RACISM YOU CAN HANDLE. Guess what, fuckfaces? You're not the only marginalized people in this loving country, stop acting like you are and stop throwing a loving tantrum every time the majority tells you no. Life is not fair, deal with it.

And as for the rest of you: learn some loving ideological flexibility, and stop acting like these threads are some goddamn echo chamber. Not everyone thinks like you, not everyone acts like you, not everyone is going to march in loving lockstep with you while sipping cruelty-free soy fuckacinos. The moment someone says something that is slightly out of tune with the loving hive mind in here, they are instantly turned upon and torn up.

:eyepop:
Lol WTF
Here's a tip, you got poo poo on because you weren't supporting indigenous causes by voting no, and you were in fact complicit in the harm that has eventuated. Hope that helps!

Oh, and who are the groups trying to tear the country down? You still haven't clarified that.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

GrandTheftAutism posted:

So amongst all these... words... I would be remiss if I didn't notice you used the phrase ideological flexibility. For progressive no. The position of the ideologically inflexible. And then did a megaracism.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Megabound posted:

Is the other marginalised minority you're talking about white cops or something?

I think they mean autistic people.

Samunwise
Mar 18, 2009

"GrandTheftAutism" posted:

Congratulations on the crack-ping I guess

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

GrandTheftAutism posted:

mate this is a red rooster

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

GrandTheftAutism posted:

Before you get probated or banned,

quote:

Guess what, fuckfaces? You're not the only marginalized people in this loving country, stop acting like you are and stop throwing a loving tantrum every time the majority tells you no. Life is not fair, deal with it.

This implies you identify as a member of a marginalised group, could you please clarify which one?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GrandTheftAutism posted:

Gas this thread

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

GrandTheftAutism posted:

hahaha

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav is on his god drat death bed and this is what you people do. This is shameful.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JBP posted:

Anidav is on his god drat death bed and this is what you people do. This is shameful.

Stupid white bastard (affectionately)

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

JBP posted:

Quite possible the best JBP Post that has ever happened

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
holy moly

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

JBP posted:

GoldStandardConure posted:

its what he would have wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Look what I have wrought