Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Animal Friend posted:

why do we have an auspol thread when the only politics that matter are victorian?

Sir/Madam/Mx,
I'd kindly posit that as WA has not only built new rails lines, but also trains. WA politics are supremely important. Also the hilarious situation where the Nationals lead the coalition here because they have more members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
I've had it up to here with LNP shills complaining that Labor lied and they're going to get slightly less money then they were going to get, acting like Albo is personally picking their pocket. And I've asked a few of them what they'd even do with that money and their answer was 'put it on my investment property'.

Seriously. Labor just needs to go on the attack with this one, sitting back and being called liars is a stupid strategy. Call these people out for what they are, loving leeches.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

JBP posted:

God as I type that ablo gives some stupid meandering answer to whether he lied. Just loving say "no I didn't lie, I made stage 3 better, it's great now, next question".

See. Labor just needs to appoint some minister to act like an attack dog for them. Oh no, Minister fuckface is being rude to journo's again. Blah blah blah, decorum. Aussie's would love it the same way they loved Abbott being a total fuckface for several years in opposition.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

GrandTheftAutism posted:

poo poo TOWNS OF AUSTRALIA POWER RANKINGS: EXTENDED SUMMER EDITION

Not a single WA town on this list, what is this? Is WA actually good?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Why would Australia need to conscript people for a war with Russia? We're not in NATO. And why would we go to war with China, one of our largest trading partners. Whatever idiot is saying that needs to be sent to a reeducation camp.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

hooman posted:

Ah yes, the photoshop automation that removes clothes when you resize an image.

Photoshop actually has some wicked AI tools now, it's entirely possible it generated a new set of clothes. It's also equally possible they're lying through their teeth.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Bucky I am kindly asking you to stop posting 1000 paragraph long posts. Sooner or later i am going to injure myself scrolling last them

My mouse wheel is actually kind of hosed, so these long posts are really giving me carpal tunnel. On the other hand, it's actual content, not... insane content. Of course, us here in Perth can cycle from one end of our great metropolitan line to the other with barely a splash of shade to be had, but the paths exist

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Recoome posted:

There is just something so amazing and reinforcing as a hypothetical NSW state government department delivering yet another infrastructure project for Sydney while NSW flood victims struggle to get any support.

I got a challenge for you Bucky - if you want to know why people might be against your project, go to Lismore and spend a few hours having a look around and talking to the locals.

This is actually a fair point, if you want to get these bike paths built Bucky you're going to have to reroute them through flood plains so they get destroyed on a frequent basis.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Captain Theron posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-05/young-money-story-trailblazer-financial-literacy/103390874
Yes, the problem is the youth are poor at identifying what has value or not. It's also their fault that HECS debts are higher, they should have negotiated a better price for their degree.

I read this whole article and was thoroughly confused, they made it out as if this man was going to help young people get people prices for things. Then he talked about how he was teaching kids what superannuation is.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Well we're burning their fuel and changing their climate too. That aside, I'm sorry that there are things in the world that might not affect you personally enough to give a gently caress, but that doesn't mean they're not important.

Also if we can show that active transport can work in sydney with this formula then we can roll it out in other places as well.

Perth has good bike paths, I can cycle from one end of my glorious city to the other. They'll put bike paths next to new highways as well, just hundreds of kilometres of shadeless pavement, no toilets, no water, an as many snakes as there are sticks that also sort of look like snakes. So I don't need your bike chat Bucky, it's not our fault you bike plebs couldn't put together enough pennies to afford a brown coloured foot path with the picture of a bike stencilled onto it.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Can we get one of those cool pennant flags that only Nepal has? Simultaneously ruining their position as the only country to have a non-quadrilateral flag and making us different from the other countries.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Instead of a carbon tax, I'd like to propose what I'm going to call the 'Carbon Bounty'. The government determines the major sources of carbon and publishes a list. To incentivize companies to reduce their carbon footprint we will not tax them so that they find less carbon intensive alternatives, or encourage customers to seek cheaper, carbon free choices. We won't pay the companies to reduce their carbon output. Instead, any company placed on the Carbon Bounty list will also come with the name, address, and pictures of their executive leadership teams. Monetary values will be assigned to the executives based on their position within the company and the carbon output of the company.

Bring the bounty in dead or alive and you get the value of the bounty. It both provides a powerful incentive to stop choosing cheaper, dirtier, more carbon intensive options, and provides an entirely new revenue stream for the workers. Scared of losing your job at the coal mine if we bring in a carbon tax? Don't worry, simply tag and bag your boss and you'll be set for life. After a few dozen executives I'd hope the problem will sort itself out.

Not sure what we do if they bring the bounty in alive, force them to plant trees every day until they've made themselves carbon neutral?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

If we're so interested in a private sector economy, let's use regulatory authority and tax breaks to encourage more healthy competition. Let's provide the ability for distributors to hit back at unfair deals, AND give them somewhere else to offload their product.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Cartoon posted:

This is a great opportunity for the Greens. The Nationals are increasingly on the nose to the NFF* who are their key constituency. Farms in Australia are largely unprofitable making farmers rely on off farm income to continue to live on the land. In NSW the rural land rating system is pretty much fixed. The council charges the general rate based on the valuer generals land value and there is no mechanism of relief. This (in a run away property market) ratchets up on of the many costs levied on the farmer. If the Greens could negotiate (with the NFF) a system whereby there was an agreed minimum wholesale price for all farm produce, farms might be more prepared (or even able) to engage in sustainable farming practices.

I mean, unless you want to read my manifesto on smashing the patriarchy and feeding the wealthy through a series of solar powered wood chippers, it is clearly the only way forward.

*National Farmer's Federation.

I'm all for a greener, cleaner future with less disgusting rich people all over the place. Even with them all over the fields. But a solar powered wood chipper sounds like it'll catch some cloud part way through and slow down. It's hard enough feeding wood into my electric wood chipper, I hope that thing's got batteries.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Cartoon posted:

You clearly haven't read my manifesto.

Isn't it enough I read Bucky's posts?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Well done, you have re-discovered USSR soulless apartments.

They actually did this in Spain and other cities well over a century ago, continue to do it and it works well. Squares, not circles. It helps keep the cities grid shaped. The shared green spaces are good for families, the apartments are sizeable... for families. The way the apartments are set up are good... for families. There's less need for driving, smaller businesses can compete with large ones easier because they have direct access to the neighbourhood.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

It's like everytime someone says 'vaping is bad' an idiot with a head full of nicotine barges in with half assed studies about how vaping is totally cool. As if we're gonna fall for that the second time around big tobacco.

Your lungs are not supposed to be used to absorb anything other then oxygen, jamming chemicals into those membranes is bad. It will lead to cancer. Full stop.

Should we ban it? Sure. But treat it like the health issue it is. There's a vape shop on every corner and they are actively selling to children. Those children are addicted to nicotine and start going through withdrawals within an hour. It is harming their health. It is harming their education.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Comstar posted:

When the alternative to peaceful protest for blocking half a road for 30 minutes is 3 weeks immediately jail the alternative is violent protest for 3 minutes and 3 years in jail.

If I get killed during one of these events, please blame the Government. Because this poo poo is inevitable.

Eventually it gets to the point of either being late and go to jail or violent revolution and go to jail (if you fail). More than 1 government has fallen over that.

I don't wanna go on a list, but violent protest isn't the answer. Industrial level sabotage is. Why block the road when you can concrete the gas tanks of the trucks? Why attack a cop when you can shut down a power grid?

I'm just waiting for climate activists to turn into climate terrorists to show their utter disdain for the current state of the world. Someone's going to blow up an oil pipeline in such a way it doesn't cause an ecological disaster, it's just a question of how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Bucky Fullminster posted:

If you're the captain of a national sports team, and an extremely popular role model who is almost single-handedly responsible for getting an entire generation of girls into soccer, and a big chunk of the good-will of a nation is resting on your shoulders, please try not to call foreign police stupid bastards, and please try to avoid doing things that can be described as being based on race.

I mean we don't know exactly what went down, but if an Australian is throwing up in the back of a cab in London they're not generally the heroes of the story.

Facing criminal charges for it is of course loving ridiculous.

Her behaviour is actually more likely to have me promote the sport to my daughter and hold her up as a role model, to be utterly frank. Sam Kerr is an Australia hero, she's an icon, and she's truly encompassing traditional Aussie values by telling British cops to get hosed.

Don't play the white card guys, it never ends well.
<<< Case in point

How's the heart Anidav? Long covid was worse then covid for me.