Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Finally caught up.

I haven't played a lot of SMT games, but I feel like the "demon negotiation" was always one of the most frustrating parts because of how random it was(or at least how random it felt).

Do the demon "races" have any mechanical effect or is it just something to sort demons by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
A demon summoning saxophone is insanely stylish.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Well, we ended up with Urabe's Gun PC, are we gonna end up with Judah's sweet sax, too? Maybe Nemissa is going to belt out sick tunes during fights?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I love hidden quests and stuff. Cool.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

A club called EL-115 and the two guys are named Reticulian? That feels like an X-COM/UFO Enemy Unknown reference, of all things.

Elerium 115 was the fictional element used to power alien technology in the first X-COM game, and Reticulan is one of the names people have invented for classic "Grey" aliens which were the first enemy you'd encounter in X-COM.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I don't get it either! Maybe it was a completely incomprehensible reference in the original Japanese and it got translated into some niche dorkery for overseas audiences? Or maybe the Japanese devs were just an extremely specific type of nerd?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Well that makes a lot of sense but isn't quite as funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

As much of a confusing mess as demon negotiation seems to be, I do appreciate some of the bizarre dialogue.