Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozenen
Nov 6, 2022
I really like how Soul Hackers starts. It takes a while to get going, but this was the point that really grabbed me. I didn't bother exploring paradigm x that much though, it's a pain to navigate and I remember it being rather large.

But the shift from a very cyberpunk aesthetic with the digital city and focus on technology to a wolf god inviting you to a vision quest and the rest of the game mixing these things wildly kept me interested through the end. But I can absolutely understand people giving up, the game quickly gives you really large dungeons that are a pain to navigate. One of the later ones in particular is absolutely horrible, but more can be said on that once you get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozenen
Nov 6, 2022
I am very annoyed by hardmodes in megaten games making compendium more expensive. I get that the idea is to make it harder to be flexible with demons. But in practice all it does is basically force you to either grind a lot, go die a bit to see what is needed or looking up ahead of time what weaknesses/strengths you need for a certain stretch of the game. The increased difficulty is generally a pretty fun puzzle in itself, and forcing a grind for money is just boring.

And finally Nemissa enters the stage! She really is a fun protagonist, and carries most of the burden of having a personality on account of the main character having to be a bit of a cipher as far as I remember.

Frozenen
Nov 6, 2022
I love how all the shopkeepers are aggressively weird, except for the pharmacy having the most normal guy and shop.

Frozenen
Nov 6, 2022
As long as you don't think about actually using it the flail does look amazing.

When I played this late tutorial about demon personalities was very helpful. But even knowing how to do it I avoided dumb demons on account of them being frustrating to build loyalty for.

Frozenen
Nov 6, 2022
The VR art museum nearly stopped my playthrough of the game. It is rather long, and the puzzles are annoying if you don't look up solutions. I recall not having access to estoma for the old man puzzle, so that one took a fair while on account of all the encounters.

And the dolphin is just bullshit, I had to look up the solution eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozenen
Nov 6, 2022
I'd forgotten how much of a dick Six was being there, all I recall about the plot of the game is that it was pretty sparse compared to the increasingly lenghty dungeons.

And of course I told Finnegan to suck it and fought with Nemissa, I won't let him bait me into handicapping myself with simple insults like that :P.