Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Mr. Nice! posted:

He’ll definitely get his money because his lawyers want theirs and cannot get their cut until he is paid. He’ll get roughly 60-67% or so depending on the contingency agreement. They’ll also deduct costs but those will be at most $10-20k depending on expert fees and medical evaluations.

I haven’t looked at the terms of the judgment, but whatever portion is compensatory damages will likely be tax free as well, but he’ll have to pay income tax on any punitive damages.

What he does with his money is entirely up to him, though. I hope his lawyers set him up with a good financial planner and he continues to take care of himself.

Yeah punitive is taxable and comp dam is almost always tax-free*, generally with cases like this it'll get referred by his lawyers to an FA they work with that specializes in structured settlements; that FA will set him up with a SPIA with a fixed PC and then he'll start getting payments like a month, month and a half, after things are settled and set up. Annuitization is the easiest part, the rest of it is hell.

I only remark on the lawyers because I haven't seen the full text of the judgement and order yet but I hope the judge set a cap on the firm cut.

*There are exceptions I'm not your FA don't listen this is not financial advice etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Treecko posted:

Honestly? Good for him.

Take care of yourself dipshit, you're lucky to be alive. Don't go chasing another windfall you crazy, batshit, lucky lucky LUCKY goon.

He might be one of the luckiest people to ever live, rivaled only by those koreans who got captured at D-Day

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Just lmao. Playing the long game.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Isentropy posted:

Funny enough by going to Libya he ended up on those super secret government watch lists he thought he was on due to his schizophrenia
Before Caro went to Libya he did some selfies and posted them in GIP with an alt account saying he was a journalist or some poo poo, when it was clear that it was him someone stated he was doing a self-fulfilling prophecy and begged him not to go.

By popular demand posted:

I was never following the Caro syrup drip but I was sad when the forums had good reason to believe him dead and absolutely flabbergasted when he was brought back.
He went to a really bad place. Saying he survived after he went silent on social media would be the crazy option.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Lolie posted:

I hope Brown Moses is weeping over this news.

He'll finally be able to buy that sniper rifle promised to kill my family with.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Brown Moses posted:

Didn't he call you a fat nerd on twitter?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Budzilla posted:

Him and thousands more. Caro's story and my involvement is told here
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/syria-isis-kevin-dawes

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Brown Moses posted:

You basically gave him 50 mil so i think we can all say youre about even rn

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Budzilla posted:

Caro may be a moron millionaire war criminal but when you're right you're right

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Lol how people told him not to go and he doubled down harder and put himself in that situation.

And even tried to get others involved.

Moron.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I hope he gets the care he needs, which is probably restriction from the internet and video games for the unforeseeable future.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Treecko posted:

Lol how people told him not to go and he doubled down harder and put himself in that situation.

And even tried to get others involved.

Moron.

Sour grapes effect in action

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I am glad I am alive to witness these interesting times. I am also horrified, but i'll take the comedy with the horrors.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Like...he tried. He really did, and that's more than you can say for some.

But you can't just go waltzing through an active war zone with hopes and dreams, and your online ordered medical supplies.

He'd probably be a good medic NOW that he's got some real life experience.

Again, he was a moron. But I guess I'm glad he lived.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Let's not forget that he is also severely schizophrenic.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Please give back a little to your alma mater comedy forum if you ever make it big as a goon. We could hire more coders

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

C. Everett Koop posted:

trying to think how long i'd stay in a syrian torture camp for 50 million

at least one week, maybe two depending on how room service is
awaiting the Mr Beast/Caro collaboration as the content that will revive this forum

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Treecko posted:

But you can't just go waltzing through an active war zone with hopes and dreams, and your online ordered medical supplies.

he literally did though

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Crow posted:

he literally did though

Twice! He had one failed attempt between the two, and the second didn't work out too well in the short run but netted $50m in the end.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

I hope his lawyers set him up with a good financial planner and he continues to take care of himself.

Yeah, he can visit every active war in the world with that kinda money

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Caro is pretty inspiring if you think about it

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
inspires me to take a poo poo

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Treecko posted:

By goon accounts I seem to recall he was doing trauma surgery with no medical training and misrepresenting himself as a doctor to injured people?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

inspires me to take a poo poo

Now every time I crap I'll remember I'm saving the world about as much as Caro did, albeit with far less risk to my self (and others).

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Going all in and fully committing to your insane murder fantasies is the new grindset for 2024

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Drone_Fragger posted:

By goon accounts I seem to recall he was doing trauma surgery with no medical training and misrepresenting himself as a doctor to injured people?

Yeah, because in his head, he WAS a trained medical provider.

He saw it on YouTube and was like

"Yeah, I could do that"

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

It's been a while but the video I saw showed him shooting a Dragunov at a door for target practice or something and I seem to recall someone else he was fighting with straight up calling him crazy.

If he's lucky in any way it's to have survived. He could easily buy SA now. He could just buy it out and drop the database but I don't know how big his grudge was with this place. It seemed to be more about government agencies.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Well now that they got him back, he finally has a reason to believe his paranoid delusions.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Upgrade posted:

Caro is pretty inspiring if you think about it

He's taking Caro business.

Every day.

Taking Caro business, every way.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

He's going to Forrest Gump his way into an interesting life, only with psychosis rather than diminished IQ.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Caro please do not spend your Syria torture payout on a plane ticket to Ukraine. I know you're thinking about it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Caro please do not spend your Syria torture payout on a plane ticket to Ukraine. I know you're thinking about it.

He's thinking about going to Israel instead OP

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I. M. Gei posted:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

Let's not forget that he is also severely schizophrenic.

Lol, why should we not forget that?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I. M. Gei posted:

Every day.

Taking Caro business, every way.

:dudsmile:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I can't wait to be venmoed.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I'm so curious what this man will spend that money on

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Jelly posted:

I'm so curious what this man will spend that money on

i hope nobody on these forums ever finds out, he has someone competent manage it for him, and he uses some of it to get the help he needs

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

MrQwerty posted:

i hope nobody on these forums ever finds out, he has someone competent manage it for him, and he uses some of it to get the help he needs

That's probably not going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Treecko posted:

uuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh