Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dynamite Big Bu$iness 3/13

HM: The Elite vs Eddie Kingston, Pac and Penta 0M
MOTYC: Jay White vs Darby Allin
MOTYC: Riho vs Willow Nightingale

I'm going to guess the Darby match wasn't as crazy on TV but it was nuts live especially with two people who had never been to an AEW show before and were horrified by that final bump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Elite (Matthew, Nicholas & Okada) vs. Eddie Kingston, PAC & Penta El Zero M - AEW Dynamite 3/13
I love Matthew & Nicholas' as EVPs/Corporate dickheads, but Okada is magnificent as a heel, holy gently caress. That motion to the ref to count the pinfall was amazingly timed and executed perfectly to make him look like a arrogant piece of poo poo.

HM: Willow Nightingale vs. Riho - AEW Dynamite 3/13
Few things make me happy like how Riho ALWAYS manages to get the crowd so fired up for her big matches.

Quoting J-Ru

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MassRafTer posted:

I'm going to guess the Darby match wasn't as crazy on TV but it was nuts live especially with two people who had never been to an AEW show before and were horrified by that final bump.

and mrt

E: the bump was pretty gnarly on tv too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 3/13

HM: Samoa Joe vs. Wardlow
HM: The Elite (Nicholas & Matthew Jackson & Kazuchika Okada) vs. Eddie Kingston, PAC, & Penta El Cero Miedo
HM: Darby Allin vs. Jay White
MOTYC: Willow Nightingale vs. Riho

a small change

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

HM: The Elite vs Eddie Kingston, Pac and Penta 0M
MOTYC: Riho vs Willow Nightingale

Yeah agreed

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragongate Rey de Parejas Night 3, 3/10

HM: Rey de Parejas 2024 B Block - Luis Mante & HYO vs. YAMATO & Susumu Mochizuki
MOTYC: Rey de Parejas 2024 B Block - Kzy & U-T vs. Shun Skywalker & ISHIN

Both matches are here on DG's Youtube page

2nd these both

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

AEW DYNAMITE 13.3.2024

HM: The Elite vs Eddie Kingston, Pac and Penta
MOTYC: Darby Allin vs Jay White
HM: Riho vs Willow Nightingale

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 14, 2024

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

AEW DYNAMITE 13.3.2024

HM: The Elite vs Eddie Kingston, Pac and Penta
MOTYC: Darby Allin vs Jay Lethal
HM: Riho vs Willow Nightingale

Just a heads up, it was Jay White.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

gripebomb posted:

Just a heads up, it was Jay White.

I will never live this shame down.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Ace Austin vs. Frankie Kazarian
HM: Speedball Mountain and Nic Nemeth vs. the Rascalz and Steve Maclin

Both from TNA Impact, 3/14

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
8th March
New Japan New Japan Cup Night 2
New Japan Cup 1st Round
Shingo Takagi vs Yuya Uemura
Watch this here

I'd say "best match of the tournament so far" but that loses significance when you've only seen 2 nights.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I suddenly remembered I was going to try keep up with AEW more than I did last year, mostly for Bryan Danielson's chances of being Wrestler of the Year, dumb mark that I am.

MOTYC
7th February
AEW Dynamite
Adam Page vs Swerve Strickland
Watch this here

I don't know why I bothered including a link, I must be the last person with any interest in AEW to have watched this, but hey, in case I'm not, this is fantastic. I went ****½ on it, great wrestling.

MOTYC
7th February
AEW Dynamite
Blackpool Combat Club (Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli & Jon Moxley) vs Hechicero, Mascara Dorada & Volador Jr
Watch this here

Yup, it's actually shameful it took me a month to watch this.

HM
7th February
AEW Dynamite
Chris Jericho vs Konosuke Takeshita
Watch this here

Takeshita made me enjoy a 2024 Chris Jericho match, he rocks. Can't wait for him vs Yuma Aoyagi on Sunday in DDT, where he'll get to face someone on his own level rather than a guy who is passed it. It is funny quite how divisive this match is on Cagematch though. It has a 5.25/10 from 266 votes, 13 8s, 26 3s with the rest spread fairly evenly among 4, 5, 6 & 7. I'd be less happy if Takeshita lost this one, :shrug:

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Stardom Cinderella tournament night 1 9/3/2024

HM : Hanan v Hanako

Motyc : Saori anou/natsupoi v sareee/chiriro hashimoto

I have some motyc from today's show but I'll give it a few days because it spoils the winners of night 1. Needless to say stardom cooking

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Nth

Stardom Cinderella round 2 10/3/24

Motyc: Suzu Suzuki v starlight kid .

Motyc : Hanan v Mirai - legitimately this is the best Cinderella match I've ever seen. Absolute war between those two

nth to these

Also nominating for MOTYC from BIG BUSINESS

The Elite vs Eddie, Pac and Penta

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Yota Tsuji vs. El Phantasmo - New Japan Cup 3/15

drat good match, (entire show spoilers) it's the main event of the show so you can stop watching when it's done. Tsuji rules and El P always surprises me with just how good he is as a singles wrestler.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Yota Tsuji vs. El Phantasmo - New Japan Cup 3/15

drat good match, (entire show spoilers) it's the main event of the show so you can stop watching when it's done. Tsuji rules and El P always surprises me with just how good he is as a singles wrestler.

Second. And wish I'd read the spoiler before watching. :smith:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 3/15

HM: Komander vs. Takeshita

Crowd was totally indifferent to Komander when he made his entrance but he totally turns them around over the course of the match. Well worth watching, especially the back half.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 3/15

Crowd was totally indifferent to Komander when he made his entrance but he totally turns them around over the course of the match. Well worth watching, especially the back half.

and HM: Dark Order (John Silver & Evil Uno) vs. Best Friends (Orange Cassidy & Trent Berretta)

goofy silly indy poo poo, lots of fun

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 3/15

Yeah

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Live Tour March 16th
HM
Runa Okubo and Haru Kazeshiro vs WAKANAAA Uehara and Toga
- This was really good stuff, especially considering the four all only debuted last year, two of them are literally children and once recently had to take time off so she could study for her high school entrance exams

Very skippable show outside of this and maybe the main event, though it makes sense they're taking it a bit easier since GP is in a couple of weeks

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ganbare Joshi Super Darius March 9th
HM
Marvelous (Mio Momono and Takumi Iroha) vs GanJo (Yuna Manase and YuuRI)

NJPW New Japan Cup Match 15th
HM
Yota Tsuji vs El Phantasmo
Zack Sabre Jr vs Souled Out Ren Narita

gently caress me that main event ruled until The House did their stuff and even then it wasn't until the very last minute or so for the finish. Until then I was thinking it was one of the best matches of the tournament, though i'll concede this has been a real weak NJC

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
9th March
Stardom Cinderella Tournament Night 1
Chihiro Hashimoto & Sareee vs Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi & Saori Anou)
Watch this here

Probably my #2 women's match of the year. Must watch, Hashimoto & Sareee is just a dream team. Bye Poi!

HM
9th March
3 Way Tag Team Match
eNv (Maika & Mina Shirakawa) vs Mayu Iwatani & Tam Nakano vs Queen's Quest (AZM & Saya Kamitani)
Watch this here

HM
8th March
Pro Wrestling NOAH Sunny Voyage Night 13
Victory Challenge Tag League
Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa vs Manabu Soya & Shuji Kondo
Watch this here

HM
13th March
GLEAT Ver.10
Check Shimatani vs El Lindaman
Watch this here

HM
13th March
GLEAT Ver.10
Daimonji So vs Takanori Ito
Watch this here

MOTYC
13th March
GLEAT Ver.10
Hayato Tamura(c) vs Minoru Tanaka
G-REX Title
Watch this here

Probably the best match of Tanaka's career since December 2017 when he faced Daisuke Harada for the GHC Junior Title. Both guys brought it & the crowd were really into it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 3/15

Nth. Great stuff.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 3/15

nth, I said as much in the thread but it's been delightful watching Komander develop into a dependable singles guy (and Soup Boy is of course fantastic)

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

graph posted:

and HM: Dark Order (John Silver & Evil Uno) vs. Best Friends (Orange Cassidy & Trent Berretta)

goofy silly indy poo poo, lots of fun

Nth

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Barry Bluejeans posted:

nth, I said as much in the thread but it's been delightful watching Komander develop into a dependable singles guy (and Soup Boy is of course fantastic)

watching Komander has become such a better wrestler in front of our eyes has been so much fun

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Collision 3/16

MOTY: Bryan Danielson vs. Katsuyori Shibata

JESUS CHRIST THIS loving RULED

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 3/16

Nthed, incredibly paced, fantastic wrestling, great story, great finish, great crowd.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
12th March
All Japan Dream Power Series Night 3
Fuminori Abe vs Katsuhiko Nakajima
Watch this here

This ruled. The only reason I didn't rate it higher is it didn't get nearly enough time, but that's what happens with your top champ against a guy who is established as a Junior Heavyweight (although seeing them having a strike exchange & Abe is an inch taller than Nakajima...). Anyway, if you want a sub 10 minute match that quickly turns into two guys trying to hit each other as hard as they can, this is great fun. Just 5 more minutes...

HM
12th March
All Japan Dream Power Series Night 3
Hideki Suzuki, Kento Miyahara & Suwama vs New Period (Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai) & Rising HAYATO
Watch this here

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 3/16

What a great match

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 3/16

nth and

HM: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Bryan Keith

just a wonderful return match, kyle looks great for being out two years

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

nth and

just a wonderful return match, kyle looks great for being out two years

yeah, welcome back kyle :unsmith:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
9th March
Chihiro Hashimoto & Sareee vs Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi & Saori Anou)
Watch this here

Probably my #2 women's match of the year. Must watch, Hashimoto & Sareee is just a dream team. Bye Poi!

Nth this one, still think Hash vs Sareee is my womens moty but them teaming together is a pretty close second. Also

Unagi Sayaka Produce Tono Wa Goranshin ~ 1-Ban Venus ~ January 7th
MOTYC
Unagi Sayaka and Konami vs Minoru Suzuki and Masato Tanaka
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252364?t=1h24m55s

HM
Unagi Sayaka vs Takumi Iroha
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252364?t=4m50s

Great showing from Unagi, getting the poo poo knocked out of her in both the opener and main event

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 3/16

Uhhhh yup. Nth.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AAA Origenes 2/18
WMOTYC: Mr. Iguana vs. Drago vs. Epydemius vs. Taurus

They botched like three sequences in a row. The rest of the match was a little better but still clunky and a real bad debut for the new Taurus. The NWA will probably put out a worse match and that Maxxine match was horrible too but this will be down there for Worst Match of the Year all things considered. You can watch it on the CubsDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UHUsjcGx3NFI3PB_KBrLiRDsCaQ6e3e5/view?usp=drive_link

AEW Collision 3/16
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Katsuyori Shibata

This was the opposite of that match.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Judgement ~ 27th Anniversary ~ March 17th
MOTYC
MAO (c) vs Takeshi Masada - DDT Universal Title
- This match hosed, it was a drat near perfect 5 minute match as far as i'm concerned

KONOSUKE TAKESHITA vs Yuma Aoyagi
- DDT's former ace pulling out all the stops to try to keep down All Japan's future ace

Yuki Ueno (c) vs HARASHIMA - KO-D Openweight Title
- loving insane that Harashima has been around since the attitude era and is still putting on such amazing performances, it's no wonder he was the ace before Takeshita. Ueno is Ueno, he's a supremely talented young man who i'm terrified is going to get fumbled any day now by the company after spending so long as an almost ran. Even after more than 5 hours of DDT this match absolutely ruled, absolutely watch this one as well if you're only tuning in for Takeshita vs Aoyagi

HM
Sanshiro Takagi vs Ken Ohka
- This was way better than I was expecting, such great fire between two guys way past their prime

Shunma Katsumata (c) vs Hideki Okatani - Painful Jungle Death Match for the DDT Extreme Title
- loving gnarly, such tonal whiplash between To-y looking so happy in his little plush hat and Okatani bleeding buckets from a gusset plate to the forehead

Burning (Tetsuya Endo and Yuki Iino) (c) vs New Period (Ryuki Honda and Yuma Anzai) - KO-D Tag Titles
- Heckin rad to see the All Japan boys come to enemy territory, even cooler that the fans were into them

Much like last year's Judgement the first couple of hours are largely skippable but goddamn did it pick up in the second half

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- This match hosed, it was a drat near perfect 5 minute match as far as i'm concerned

- DDT's former ace pulling out all the stops to try to keep down All Japan's future ace

- loving insane that Harashima has been around since the attitude era and is still putting on such amazing performances, it's no wonder he was the ace before Takeshita. Ueno is Ueno, he's a supremely talented young man who i'm terrified is going to get fumbled any day now by the company after spending so long as an almost ran. Even after more than 5 hours of DDT this match absolutely ruled, absolutely watch this one as well if you're only tuning in for Takeshita vs Aoyagi

HM
- This was way better than I was expecting, such great fire between two guys way past their prime

Shunma Katsumata (c) vs Hideki Okatani - Painful Jungle Death Match for the DDT Extreme Title
- loving gnarly, such tonal whiplash between To-y looking so happy in his little plush hat and Okatani bleeding buckets from a gusset plate to the forehead

Burning (Tetsuya Endo and Yuki Iino) (c) vs New Period (Ryuki Honda and Yuma Anzai) - KO-D Tag Titles
- Heckin rad to see the All Japan boys come to enemy territory, even cooler that the fans were into them

Much like last year's Judgement the first couple of hours are largely skippable but goddamn did it pick up in the second half

Nth to all of these
Super good show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

HM: Sanshiro Takagi vs Ken Ohka

HM: Shunma Katsumata (c) vs Hideki Okatani in a Painful Jungle Death Match for the DDT Extreme Title

2nding these. Takagi vs. Ohka in particular was really emotional. The Death Match was horrifying but compelling.

HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs. Yuma Aoyagi - DDT Judgement 3/17
Goddamn Takeshita is loving amazing.

HM: Yuki Ueno (C) vs. HARASHIMA for the KO-D Openweight Title - DDT Judgement 3/17
Really had me biting on some of the finishes, drat good match and the right guy won!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth

The second half of this show is wall to wall

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 3/15

graph posted:

graph posted:

nth and

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 3/16

Nthing these 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 3/16

Nth, absolutely incredible. I don't know if it's possible for Shibata to have a better match than this post brain removal.