Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
WMOTYC: Jack Perry vs. CM Punk, AEW Dynamite 4/10 (tape delay)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW Dynamite 4/10

HM: Adam Copeland vs Penta el Cero Miedo

HM: Anna Jay vs Mariah May

HM: Samoa Joe vs Dustin Rhodes

The 6 man tag was also super fun but was more of a vehicle for Jericho’s turn than a complete match. That said, hell yeah to Lee Moriarty for a huge win.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Dynamite 4/10

The 6 man tag was also super fun but was more of a vehicle for Jericho’s turn than a complete match. That said, hell yeah to Lee Moriarty for a huge win.

Nth these

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dynamite 4/10

MOTYC: Adam Copeland vs Penta 0M

Maybe Cope's most impressive performance yet. He's had better matches but he was doing poo poo I never expected in this one.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Dynamite 4/10

MOTYC: Adam Copeland vs Penta 0M

Maybe Cope's most impressive performance yet. He's had better matches but he was doing poo poo I never expected in this one.

Nthing this. The apron powerslam and taking the Code Red were both insane. It was a match that was really excellently put-together. Like, you could study this one. It even had a funny "spear the manager" spot, always a good time!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Dynamite 4/10

nth, yeah!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Punch McLightning posted:

lol

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
MOTYC: Adam Copeland vs Penta el Cero Miedo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Punch McLightning posted:

nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NOAH STAR Navigation 2024, 4/11

MOTYC: Kaito Kiyomiya vs. KENOH

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

Nth

Hell Yeah!

What a great match.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Dynamite 4/10

Nth. One match show.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pylons posted:

Absolutely nth

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Pylons posted:

4th. Hell of a grudge match. These guys bring the best out of each other.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

ROH Supercard of Honor 4/5

MOTYC: Kyle Fletcher vs. Lee Johnson
HM: EXV (Maika, Mina Shirakawa) & Mei Seira vs. Queen's Quest (AZM & Saya Kamitani) & Tam Nakano
HM: Billie Starkz vs. Queen Aminata
MOTYC: Athena vs. Hikaru Shida
MOTYC: Mark Briscoe vs. Eddie Kingston

going with these, great show!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Stardom 12/4/24

Motyc : giulia/syuri v hanan/mayu iwatani

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Catching up:

HM: Adam Copeland (C) vs. Penta El Zero Miedo for the TNT Title - AEW Dynamite 4/10
HM: Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Kenoh - NOAH Star Navigation 4/11

First was a match I never thought I'd ever seen, second was a match I expect to see many times, both were great.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Stardom 12/4/24

Motyc : giulia/syuri v hanan/mayu iwatani

I legit thought Giulia was in NXT now or something?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

I legit thought Giulia was in NXT now or something?

Guilia's Wrestle Universe now, she's on the NOAH ppv in a couple of weeks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Guilia's Wrestle Universe now, she's on the NOAH ppv in a couple of weeks

Woah, really? That's crazy. So she's... still in Stardom but also appearing on WU shows?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

Woah, really? That's crazy. So she's... still in Stardom but also appearing on WU shows?

I think her last appearance was today. Not sure why her contract wasn't up at the end of last month.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
NJPW catch up time.

HM: Mascara Dorada vs. Stuka Jr., NJPW Fantastica Mania 2/19

MOTYC: DOUKI vs. Hiromu Takahashi, The New Beginning in Sapporo 2/24
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Taichi, same show

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. Yuya Uemura, New Japan Cup 3/8

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Stephanie Vaquer (C) vs. AZM for the NJPW Strong Openweight Women's Title - NJPW Windy City Riot 4/12
Really great showcase for both ladies, with a great aftermath that has me excited for what comes next.

MOTYC: Shota Umino vs. Scapegoat Jack Perry - NJPW Windy City Riot 4/12
The match was VERY well worked but this was elevated by the absolutely electric atmosphere in the Chicago crowd, and Perry (and Shota!) playing into that so effectively to make this more than the sum of its parts.

HM: Mustafa Ali vs. Hiromu Takahashi - NJPW Windy City Riot 4/12
This was a ton of fun (you HAVE to see Daryl Jr's new look) with things taking a step up in intensity for the last few minutes.

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Nic Nemeth - NJPW Windy City Riot 4/12
The match was good and Nemeth did well, but Ishii is legitimately one of the best wrestlers in the world. Just incredible.

HM: Tetsuya Naito (C) vs. Jon Moxley for the IWGP World Heavyweight Title - NJPW Windy City Riot 4/12
I really, really, really liked this match. Others might not. I did!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Stephanie Vaquer (C) vs. AZM for the NJPW Strong Openweight Women's Title - NJPW Windy City Riot 4/12
Really great showcase for both ladies, with a great aftermath that has me excited for what comes next.

The match was VERY well worked but this was elevated by the absolutely electric atmosphere in the Chicago crowd, and Perry (and Shota!) playing into that so effectively to make this more than the sum of its parts.

This was a ton of fun (you HAVE to see Daryl Jr's new look) with things taking a step up in intensity for the last few minutes.

The match was good and Nemeth did well, but Ishii is legitimately one of the best wrestlers in the world. Just incredible.

HM: Tetsuya Naito (C) vs. Jon Moxley for the IWGP World Heavyweight Title - NJPW Windy City Riot 4/12

Second. Glad I shelled out!

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 13, 2024

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Windy City RiotApril 12th
MOTYC
Jack Perry vs Shota Umino
- Match ruled, Perry is such a natural shitbag and Shota held up his side admirably even if the match was barely about him

HM
Stephanie Vaquer (c) vs AZM - IWGP Womens Title
Hiromu Takahashi vs Mustafa Ali
Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Jon Moxley - IWGP World Heavyweight Title

Very good show, the only thing I didn't care about at all was the Matt Riddle match and the ending of the main event

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Windy City RiotApril 12th
MOTYC
Jack Perry vs Shota Umino
- Match ruled, Perry is such a natural shitbag and Shota held up his side admirably even if the match was barely about him

HM
Stephanie Vaquer (c) vs AZM - IWGP Womens Title
Hiromu Takahashi vs Mustafa Ali
Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Jon Moxley - IWGP World Heavyweight Title

nth what a goddamn show

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah agreed

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

2nd to all. really fun show!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Show was real loving solid top to bottom (riddle was a snoozer imo) but this is how i look at it.

HM: Shota Umino vs. Scapegoat Jack Perry - NJPW Windy City Riot 4/12

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jerusalem posted:

Nthing this.

The women’s match introduced me to two new competitors I’ll be excited to see work any time.

Perry/shota was HM quality in the ring but the crowd, and context make this match an all timer. As the booth pointed out, every single person in the building had a very strong opinion about Jack one way or the other.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. First time I actually ordered an NJPW show on its own before (I usually sub for WK though), and well worth my $19.99.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
MOTYC - Danny Demanto Open Challenge - ICW NHB 61 - International Death Match Summit - Holy poo poo what a match. Goddamn if you like death matches, if you like hard hitting matches, JESSUUUSSS CHRIST.

EDIT: 4/5/24

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 13, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

4/12 show?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

caught these, nth

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
2024/04/11
NOAH Star Navigation
HM: Alpha Wolf vs Alejandro vs Ninja Mack

Fun junior 3-way.

HM: Kaito Kiyomiya vs Kenoh
Grudge match featuring a very motivated Kaito

2024/04/07
DDT April Fool
MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto vs Shinya Aoki

Everyone watch this match. A strong argument for intergender wrestling, and REAL GRAPS

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 13, 2024

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito (C) vs. Jon Moxley for the IWGP World Heavyweight Title - NJPW Windy City Riot

Giving this the bump up, enjoyed it a lot! Missed the jack perry match unfortunately

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Great heat

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
18th March
Prominence 22nd Battle ~ Kurenai No Koubou
Hardcore Match
Chris Brookes vs Risa Sera
Watch this here

A rematch of their match from a month earlier that had to be stopped when Sera got hurt. Risa Sera has a real aura to her.

HM
20th March
Stardom Cinderella Tournament Night 5
World of Stardom Title
Maika(c) vs Utami Hayashishita
Watch this here

HM
10th April
Dragongate Rey de Parejas Night 14
Rey de Parejas Semi-Final
Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu & Strong Machine J) vs Susumu Yokosuka & YAMATO
Watch this here

HM
10th April
Rey de Parejas Semi-Final
Big Hug (Hyo & Luis Mante) vs Team No Hug (Dragon Kid & Naruki Doi)
Watch this here

Big Hug vs No Hug? Man, that's how you book a tournament logically!

HM
10th April
D'courage (Dragon Dia, Madoka Kikuta & Ryoya Tanaka) & Daiki Yanagiuchi vs Gold Class (Ben-K, BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura) & Ryu Fuda
Watch this here

MOTYC
10th April
Rey de Parejas Final
Susumu Yokosuka & YAMATO vs Team No Hug (Dragon Kid & Naruki Doi)
Watch this here

Two years in a row the Rey de Parejas final has been an absolute banger

MOTYC
7th January
Sendai Girls In Shinjuku
Chihiro Hashimoto & Mika Iwata vs Mio Momono & Sareee
Watch this here

This was basically a preview tag to the 16th January Hashimoto vs Sareee match that I currently have as #3 MOTY. This is a loving great version of that, all 4 women are great, they work great together. Really recommend watching this

Hashimoto is making a strong case for early wrestler of the year front-runner & this is only the 2nd show from her home promotion that's made tape.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 13, 2024

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Jerusalem posted:

Nth to these

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC - Danny Demanto Open Challenge - ICW NHB 61 - International Death Match Summit - Holy poo poo what a match. Goddamn if you like death matches, if you like hard hitting matches, JESSUUUSSS CHRIST.

Nth this as an HM, little "duel" near the end kinda pulled me out of it, but everything else was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Smackdown

Qualifiers for #1 contenders match:

Both HM
Santos Escobar vs LA Knight vs Lashley
Rey VS KO vs AJ Styles

Rampage 4/12

HM: Switchblade" Jay White vs. Matt Sydal